Sponsored

R1Soxs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Highlander, Tesla M3
Thanks for posting. I just played around with the map in the app. Unfortunately in Northern New England, for whatever reason it excludes most of the superchargers that I have tended to rely on as a ten year Tesla owner: eg Hooksett, Lincoln, and West Lebanon in NH, Berlin VT, and Queensbury and Plattsburgh in NY. The ones open will be helpful as backup locations but not primary. I hope Tesla will add more existing superchargers to the list over time, as well as build out more v4 superchargers that are accessible.
I wonder if this has something to do with the fact that both the Brattleboro, VT and West Lebanon, NH Supercharger stations have both V2 and V3s (I'm not sure if the other locations you mentioned are also a mix of V2 and V3s). I regularly explain to people about using the V3s for faster charging. Unless you know what to look for (thinner cable and A-D instead of just A/B stall numbers) it's hard to tell the difference.

Spork8

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Rivian app on Google Play hasn't been updated since Feb 27th. Maybe it doesn't have the update yet. Can't scroll past Networks. Nothing there.
That is app version 2.7.0, which is what you need to access those filters. Try force closing the app or restarting your phone. If you don't have app version 2.7.0 installed, try uninstalling it and re-installing it.

twieland

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T - Limestone, Ocean Coast, 21's
Occupation
Tech
Finally... it was written in the code for the last update to start working on the 18th. Neighbor told me last week, but also said, please don't put it out on the forum. Since we still had no ETA on the free adapter, it didn't matter that much to me.

He does have a next update running on his take home R1 and I can say that a lot of people will be happy. (No carplay)
Can you tell me if the beta update he is running by chance adds the ability to select a trailer towing profile in the Trip Planner in the app (it was supposed to be included in the last software update but was removed for some reason and support has no info on when / if it will be included in a future update) .... thanks for any info you may 'unofficially be able to provide'. :)

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Looks like STATEOFCHARGE and RIVIAN are only good for $19.70, not the $29.55 reported earlier. Did they revise the discount?
Yeah, you are correct. It literally changed in the past 30 minutes.

For people just placing their A2z orders. Use StateofCharge or Rivian discount code but change the currency to CAD. They have only reduced the discount code for USD but if you order via credit card and select CAD on website, it gives full discount at checkout.

RIVIAN code now deducts $29.55 for US. Just contacted them and placed an order!

I just tried discount code "RIV" and its back to the way it was when I ordered it with $29.55 discount.

A2Z EV Link - NACS (Tesla® Supercharger & NACS 3RD PARTY DC CHARGERS) to CCS1 Adapter | 500A | 1000V

Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Supercharging (NACS Charging) Now Available in Rivian App! Step By Step Instructions Rivian NACS Adapter.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

SamDoe1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Ford GT350
Clubs

I have no desire to FAaFO with a third party adapter and potentially bricking my truck with no warranty recourse unless the seller of the adapter is going to warrant that instead. Kudos to those who want to guinea pig this one.

I'm not sure what the point of going through a big reveal in the truck (mine did it too) was given adapters won't be available for weeks or months lol. They should have started shipping them ahead of launch of the network such that deliveries matched up with the start date.

Gen(R3)Xer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
This is awesome news for Rivians and EVs in general. This makes the transition to electrification even more feasible.

Rivian is also opening up the Rivian Adventure Network to everyone by the end of the year!

Is Rivian giving away free adapters, like Ford did?

Edit: Since I see people talking about a discount code for purchasing the adapter I’m going to say no.

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey
Credit: Richard Williams
Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Supercharging (NACS Charging) Now Available in Rivian App! Step By Step Instructions 1710781693288-3m
This is awesome news for Rivians and EVs in general. This makes the transition to electrification even more feasible.

Rivian is also opening up the Rivian Adventure Network to everyone by the end of the year!

Edit: Since I see people talking about a discount code for purchasing the adapter I’m going to say no.

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I don't want to wait for the official charger to show up and just ordered one from A2Z using discount code "RIV" and will use it until the official one shows up.

I also put an order in for the Lectron one and will post up a review on both later.

Folks who ordered A2Z adapter 2 - 3 weeks ago are receiving it now. This is what the company has to say about availability.

A2Z EV Link - NACS (Tesla® Supercharger & NACS 3RD PARTY DC CHARGERS) to CCS1 Adapter | 500A | 1000V

Lectron Tesla Supercharger (NACS) to CCS Adapter | Vortex Plug | 500A | 1000V

1711036370898-5j-png-png.png

Here we are!

Just wanted to drop in and say we’re here for you all, ready to chat and help out on the forum whenever you need.

Let's clarify something:
We have stock, we receive inventory almost everyday and we ship hundreds of orders daily since the 5th of January. Over a thousand Ford owners are already using our adapters on Tesla Superchargers since the 29th of February.

Now, about the wait time for this adapter—it's taking 2-3 weeks to ship because we've got a ton of orders to handle, we’re super strict about checking each adapter (yep, every single one gets inspected and tested in China and Canada), and our shipping team isn’t huge. But don’t worry, we’re on it! We’re thinking about bringing more folks on board to speed things up. Just hang tight, we’re getting there and improving how fast we can get these adapters out to you.

As a side note, we are the only company currently shipping NACS to CCS1 adapters, the only one...

- A2Z EV
Rivian will give free adapters to owners. We are an impatient bunch and would like it ASAP.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...-adapter-shipping-in-april.25352/#post-502530

https://rivian.com/support/article/...fpLA0UBhjU6D8K99BsQRgCnaz7ISPbWIueoHwhYsv415I

How do I get a Rivian-approved NACS DC adapter?
We’re offering a free NACS DC adapter to all Rivian owners in the US and Canada to enable charging at over 15,000 Tesla Superchargers across North America.

We’ll email all existing Rivian owners in early April with instructions on how to opt-in to receive an adapter*. Once you’ve confirmed your interest, we’ll follow up to confirm your mailing address when your adapter is ready to be shipped.

Adapters will begin shipping in April, and we’ll prioritize our longest-standing owners for earliest fulfillment.

*For those taking delivery after in April and beyond, we’ll contact you separately about getting your adapter

Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Supercharging (NACS Charging) Now Available in Rivian App! Step By Step Instructions 1710782004451-hq

Last edited:

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
So what are the actual steps to setting it up? Do you have to go through the Rivian app or the Tesla app? And is there Plug and Charge capability?

Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
So what are the actual steps to setting it up? Do you have to go through the Rivian app or the Tesla app? And is there Plug and Charge capability?
Wait for official announcement. Nothing but online speculation at this point.

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey
It does seem a bunch of the earlier superchargers are just simply incompatible with adapters. That’s too bad, but hopefully some of those will get updated. I’ve looked around and found some far flung areas in my state are Incompatible in the apps.

ModelXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Credit to Reddit for noticing first.

Update the vehicle to the latest software and the app. You must have software version 2024.7.2+

Now I just need an adapter and preferably the free official Rivian / Tesla

Rivian Access to Tesla SC’ers has gone LIVE

***Breaking News***

Rivian access to Tesla Superchargers has officially gone live !!!

PLEASE NOTE: To see the chargers in the app and Your vehicle, you need to Unhide chargers requiring adapters. In the car it’s under the Hide tab on the main nav screen.

In the app it’s located here :

Open app>navigation tab(bottom middle icon)>lighting bolt(top right) >hide>hit toggle Adapter needed.

Tesla chargers will appear.

This is a huge thing for all Rivian owners especially for roadtripping. No information about Tesla/Rivian adapters shipping or shipping time has been confirmed or released.

Rivian will give free adapters to owners.

https://rivian.com/support/article/...fpLA0UBhjU6D8K99BsQRgCnaz7ISPbWIueoHwhYsv415I

How do I get a Rivian-approved NACS DC adapter?

We’re offering a free NACS DC adapter to all Rivian owners in the US and Canada to enable charging at over 15,000 Tesla Superchargers across North America.

We’ll email all existing Rivian owners in early April with instructions on how to opt-in to receive an adapter*. Once you’ve confirmed your interest, we’ll follow up to confirm your mailing address when your adapter is ready to be shipped.

Adapters will begin shipping in April, and we’ll prioritize our longest-standing owners for earliest fulfillment.

*For those taking delivery after in April and beyond, we’ll contact you separately about getting your adapter

1710782004451-hq.png

Edit: Rivian Tracker video using TESLA APP not RIVIAN APP couple days ago of them charging their Rivian On A Non-MagicDock Tesla Supercharger using an adapter.

You should be able to do the same thing today using RIVIAN APP.

IMG_8897.jpeg
IMG_8898.jpeg

IMG_8901.png
IMG_8902.png
This should help encourage the spread of Rivians across the USA. (I'm a Tesla owner.)
Sponsored