Sponsored

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Credit to Reddit for noticing first.

Update the vehicle to the latest software and the app. You must have software version 2024.7.2+

Now I just need an adapter and preferably the free official Rivian / Tesla.

I ordered the A2Z adapter using discount code "RIV" and will use it until the official one shows up.

I also put an order in for the Lectron one and will post up a review on both later.

Folks who ordered A2Z adapter 2 - 3 weeks ago are receiving it now. See below quote from @A2ZEV on what the company has to say about availability.

A2Z EV Link - NACS (Tesla® Supercharger & NACS 3RD PARTY DC CHARGERS) to CCS1 Adapter | 500A | 1000V

Lectron Tesla Supercharger (NACS) to CCS Adapter | Vortex Plug | 500A | 1000V

Rivian Access to Tesla SC’ers has gone LIVE

RJ said on Twitter / X that charging will be “plug and charge” with automatic billing – no app required

***Breaking News***

Rivian access to Tesla Superchargers has officially gone live !!!

PLEASE NOTE: To see the chargers in the app and Your vehicle, you need to Unhide chargers requiring adapters. In the car it’s under the Hide tab on the main nav screen.

In the app it’s located here :

Open app>navigation tab(bottom middle icon)>lighting bolt(top right) >hide>hit toggle Adapter needed.

Tesla chargers will appear.

This is a huge thing for all Rivian owners especially for roadtripping. No information about Tesla/Rivian adapters shipping or shipping time has been confirmed or released.

Rivian will give free adapters to owners.

Just posted by RJ:

https://rivian.com/support/article/...fpLA0UBhjU6D8K99BsQRgCnaz7ISPbWIueoHwhYsv415I

How do I get a Rivian-approved NACS DC adapter?

We’re offering a free NACS DC adapter to all Rivian owners in the US and Canada to enable charging at over 15,000 Tesla Superchargers across North America.

We’ll email all existing Rivian owners in early April with instructions on how to opt-in to receive an adapter*. Once you’ve confirmed your interest, we’ll follow up to confirm your mailing address when your adapter is ready to be shipped.

Adapters will begin shipping in April, and we’ll prioritize our longest-standing owners for earliest fulfillment.

*For those taking delivery after in April and beyond, we’ll contact you separately about getting your adapter

1710782004451-hq.png

Edit: Rivian Tracker video using TESLA APP not RIVIAN APP couple days ago of them charging their Rivian On A Non-MagicDock Tesla Supercharger using an adapter.

You should be able to do the same thing today using RIVIAN APP.

I ordered the A2Z adapter using discount code "RIV" and will use it until the official one shows up.

I also put an order in for the Lectron one and will post up a review on both later.

Folks who ordered A2Z adapter 2 - 3 weeks ago are receiving it now. This is what the company has to say about availability.

A2Z EV Link - NACS (Tesla® Supercharger & NACS 3RD PARTY DC CHARGERS) to CCS1 Adapter | 500A | 1000V

Lectron Tesla Supercharger (NACS) to CCS Adapter | Vortex Plug | 500A | 1000V

1711036370898-5j-png.png

Here we are!

Just wanted to drop in and say we’re here for you all, ready to chat and help out on the forum whenever you need.

Let's clarify something:
We have stock, we receive inventory almost everyday and we ship hundreds of orders daily since the 5th of January. Over a thousand Ford owners are already using our adapters on Tesla Superchargers since the 29th of February.

Now, about the wait time for this adapter—it's taking 2-3 weeks to ship because we've got a ton of orders to handle, we’re super strict about checking each adapter (yep, every single one gets inspected and tested in China and Canada), and our shipping team isn’t huge. But don’t worry, we’re on it! We’re thinking about bringing more folks on board to speed things up. Just hang tight, we’re getting there and improving how fast we can get these adapters out to you.

As a side note, we are the only company currently shipping NACS to CCS1 adapters, the only one...

- A2Z EV
Skipped the line for the adapter as well lol:

Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Supercharging (NACS Charging) Now Available in Rivian App! Step By Step Instructions IMG_8897
Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Supercharging (NACS Charging) Now Available in Rivian App! Step By Step Instructions IMG_8898

Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Supercharging (NACS Charging) Now Available in Rivian App! Step By Step Instructions IMG_8901
Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Supercharging (NACS Charging) Now Available in Rivian App! Step By Step Instructions IMG_8902

Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Supercharging (NACS Charging) Now Available in Rivian App! Step By Step Instructions 1710780925276-18
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

PeterSK

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 FG/FE R1S, 2020 Model Y
Occupation
Retired / board director
Clubs

Thanks for posting. I just played around with the map in the app. Unfortunately in Northern New England, for whatever reason it excludes most of the superchargers that I have tended to rely on as a ten year Tesla owner: eg Hooksett, Lincoln, and West Lebanon in NH, Berlin VT, and Queensbury and Plattsburgh in NY. The ones open will be helpful as backup locations but not primary. I hope Tesla will add more existing superchargers to the list over time, as well as build out more v4 superchargers that are accessible.

BlueR1S

First Name
Ilya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S, 2019 Mustang GT, 2015 V60 P*, 1993 MR2
Occupation
Biotech
Thanks for posting. I just played around with the map in the app. Unfortunately in Northern New England, for whatever reason it excludes most of the superchargers that I have tended to rely on as a ten year Tesla owner: eg Hooksett, Lincoln, and West Lebanon in NH, Berlin VT, and Queensbury and Plattsburgh in NY. The ones open will be helpful as backup locations but not primary. I hope Tesla will add more existing superchargers to the list over time, as well as build out more v4 superchargers that are accessible.
Agree, NE still isn’t great. I knew this was coming based on the recent info in the Tesla app. Lincoln and Orleans aren’t open, and those are very useful.

At least Lebanon NH is getting a RAN, should open very soon, it’s already built. And Conway finally has a charger we can use.

webfootdawg

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5, A4
Clubs

Repeated same thing on the Tesla app with vehicle set as a Rivian, doesn't show the same access.

Guessing it's not quite live yet, but s00n.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Credit to Reddit for noticing first.

Update the vehicle to the latest software and the app. You must have software version 2024.7.2+

Now I just need an adapter and preferably the free official Rivian / Tesla

Rivian Access to Tesla SC’ers has gone LIVE

***Breaking News***

Rivian access to Tesla Superchargers has officially gone live !!!

PLEASE NOTE: To see the chargers in the app and Your vehicle, you need to Unhide chargers requiring adapters. In the car it’s under the Hide tab on the main nav screen.

In the app it’s located here :

Open app>navigation tab(bottom middle icon)>lighting bolt(top right) >hide>hit toggle Adapter needed.

Tesla chargers will appear.

This is a huge thing for all Rivian owners especially for roadtripping. No information about Tesla/Rivian adapters shipping or shipping time has been confirmed or released.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rivian/s/C8ek7PHRXe

IMG_8897.jpeg
IMG_8898.jpeg

IMG_8901.png
IMG_8902.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rivian/s/C8ek7PHRXe
I just chatted with Rivian support. I asked about the adapter and timeline for shipping them. They said, not soon and a good possibility I would not get it until next year! Very disappointing

Sponsored

R1 EVY

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Of course the article says Rivian owners need to buy their own adapters :facepalm:

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Finally... it was written in the code for the last update to start working on the 18th. Neighbor told me last week, but also said, please don't put it out on the forum. Since we still had no ETA on the free adapter, it didn't matter that much to me.

He does have a next update running on his take home R1 and I can say that a lot of people will be happy. (No carplay)

R1 EVY

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

Of course the article says Rivian owners need to buy their own adapters :facepalm:
If I were going on a road trip, I'd pay the $200 for the charging options.

Sponsored

tg_cid

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3
Occupation
Blademaster
If I were at Rivian, i'd charge $200 for adapters this year and say "but everyone gets them for free next year."

Extra revenue and helps to let people self-prioritize.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Finally... it was written in the code for the last update to start working on the 18th. Neighbor told me last week, but also said, please don't put it out on the forum. Since we still had no ETA on the free adapter, it didn't matter that much to me.

He does have a next update running on his take home R1 and I can say that a lot of people will be happy. (No carplay)
I'm guessing entertainment options.
Sponsored