First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE LG, 2023 R1S LE El Cap
Occupation
Concrete Polisher
Just rolled up to the supercharger in Red Hook, NY. I was surprised to see the location shown on the UI. It is nice to see Tesla rolling out this upgrade. Having used the supercharger network on trips with a MS for years, I can say theres no comparison to other DC chargers. The magic dock is very simple to connect as well using the Tesla app.
Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Magic Dock is Amazing (Charged R1T @ Red Hook NY Station) 481C254A-825B-4845-85A1-7B70ECB5F49D
Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Magic Dock is Amazing (Charged R1T @ Red Hook NY Station) AC4C08A9-6CCE-4FAD-8FC7-1D95A71C95E4
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Is that the same charger most of the YT videos were made at when this first rolled out? Tesla is getting tons of free PR just about that one location. Doesn't seem like they have really added much more since then?

Glad it works though!

OP
OP

Jafresh

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Concrete Polisher
Is that the same charger most of the YT videos were made at when this first rolled out? Tesla is getting tons of free PR just about that one location. Doesn't seem like they have really added much more since then?

Glad it works though!
This is a new location I believe. I noticed 2 of the 4 superchargers in the Hudson Valley (Brewster also)have magic docks now.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
This is a new location I believe. I noticed 2 of the 4 superchargers in the Hudson Valley (Brewster also)have magic docks now.
That's good to hear!

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tesla M3P / '21 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Software Dev / Architect / Product Designer

Glad it works though!
It's really a pilot program at this stage, I'd imagine when they pull the trigger on the full production rollout, it will happen pretty quickly. Following the previous installs, it looks like they go in pretty quickly, it's going to be great!

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Having used the supercharger network on trips with a MS for years, I can say theres no comparison to other DC chargers.
Wait till you use the RAN for the first time. Pull up, plug in, walk away.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Just rolled up to the supercharger in Red Hook, NY. I was surprised to see the location shown on the UI. It is nice to see Tesla rolling out this upgrade. Having used the supercharger network on trips with a MS for years, I can say theres no comparison to other DC chargers. The magic dock is very simple to connect as well using the Tesla app.
481C254A-825B-4845-85A1-7B70ECB5F49D.jpeg
AC4C08A9-6CCE-4FAD-8FC7-1D95A71C95E4.jpeg
It is nice to see them start to open them up as the more options out there the better for everyone. To be honest I’ve had really good experiences at the EA chargers getting as high as the 170s on the 150 chargers and into the 220s on the 350 chargers. A lot of the v1 Tesla Superchargers only go to 72 kw, the V2s are up to 150 and newer v3 are 250. It would be interesting to see what speed Rivian gets on the Tesla 150 and 250.

The one in Red Hook is a 250, did you switch to the kW view to see what the speed was, I see the screenshot says 326 mph, I think that would be close to 148 kWh, did it go higher than that?

I’ve been using the Superchargers for 7 years, best part about the Supercharger on a Tesla is the plug and charge. I’m hoping Rivian will work with networks like EA to get that going s00n to really help with the charging experience. Other than plug and charge so far I’m not really seeing any difference charging my Rivian on the EA network.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
They need to start rolling them out. 12 locations across the country is a nice pilot program, clearly it works, so lets start converting MORE of them in other locations besides 10 in NY and 2 in California.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
They need to start rolling them out. 12 locations across the country is a nice pilot program, clearly it works, so lets start converting MORE of them in other locations besides 10 in NY and 2 in California.
100% agree. I think they slow roll this for awhile until they are forced to add more. But that's just my skepticism in Elon talking.

Budman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV
Clubs

How about the upper midwest please!!!!!! It is hard for us in that region to see more fast chargers and Tesla CCS capable chargers going into areas that are already blessed with a lot of charging options. The upper midwest, Minnesota, the Dakotas, Montana etc have very nearly zero options. Just give us a couple chargers!!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jafresh

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Concrete Polisher
It is nice to see them start to open them up as the more options out there the better for everyone. To be honest I’ve had really good experiences at the EA chargers getting as high as the 170s on the 150 chargers and into the 220s on the 350 chargers. A lot of the v1 Tesla Superchargers only go to 72 kw, the V2s are up to 150 and newer v3 are 250. It would be interesting to see what speed Rivian gets on the Tesla 150 and 250.

The one in Red Hook is a 250, did you switch to the kW view to see what the speed was, I see the screenshot says 326 mph, I think that would be close to 148 kWh, did it go higher than that?

I’ve been using the Superchargers for 7 years, best part about the Supercharger on a Tesla is the plug and charge. I’m hoping Rivian will work with networks like EA to get that going s00n to really help with the charging experience. Other than plug and charge so far I’m not really seeing any difference charging my Rivian on the EA network.

I snapped this photo before disconnecting. I think it got to right about 150kwh as you say.
It would be good to see EA simplify charging experience. I know some haven't had issues; my experience has not been very good as I've had to call in a few times for resets and also move locations as well.
Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Magic Dock is Amazing (Charged R1T @ Red Hook NY Station) IMG_2161.PNG

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
@ $0.51 this is a convenience benefit but not cheap... or maybe it's in-line with NY prices?

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
How about the upper midwest please!!!!!! It is hard for us in that region to see more fast chargers and Tesla CCS capable chargers going into areas that are already blessed with a lot of charging options. The upper midwest, Minnesota, the Dakotas, Montana etc have very nearly zero options. Just give us a couple chargers!!
Exactly! Need at least a few in the upper midwest. I heard Tesla was going to put the magic docks in under utilized locations first. I would think Duluth, Fargo, etc would be under utilized locations.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Exactly! Need at least a few in the upper midwest. I heard Tesla was going to put the magic docks in under utilized locations first. I would think Duluth, Fargo, etc would be under utilized locations.
Magic docks require v3 superchargers, which excludes a lot of older stations because they are still on v2. Easy way to tell what version they are is if it says it's 150kW, it's v2. Looks like Fargo is 250kW, so should be v3 already, but Duluth is still v2.
Sponsored