Tesla Fans

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
They are gonna struggle to get the normal versions out in 2022, I can't see something like this coming out within the next 3 years.
Who knows? You may be correct and that it may come later than 2022. Or maybe by then they'll have built enough more funding to speed them out of production woes. Only time will tell.
Sponsored

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Occupation
health care
Fsd is beta. Not close to real
They can be the same price depending on options. R1T with large pack is $60k after the $7.5k tax credit. Cybertruck dual motor is $60k with FSD. R1T will be faster and perhaps have more real world range (tbd).
fsd is beta. Not close to real world function. Tesla own law firm admitted such earlier this year.

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Fsd is beta. Not close to real
fsd is beta. Not close to real world function. Tesla own law firm admitted such earlier this year.
Ok…the point of my post was showing that the R1T isn’t exactly $20k more than the dual motor cybertruck. Depending on how you spec either, they can be the exact same price.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
I do not believe it's a fair comparison pitting the dual motor truck vs a quad-motor truck with all those bells and whistles. I'll wait for when Rivian releases their dual motor variant and have more fair metric to measure them by.

Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

OP
OP
SoCal Rob

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

No, the subscription fee is only for people who opted not to pay for Full Self Driving up front.
Per the article, “The FSD feature would cost $99 a month for those who previously bought the Enhanced Autopilot package.”
Is Enhanced Autopilot above whatever is included with a new vehicle price and below FSD? I thought new Teslas come with Autopilot standard and I don’t recall seeing a reference to Enhanced Autopilot when I was shopping.

I don’t understand who would pay the $199 per month and who would pay the $99 per month, assuming that the article is correct. Beyond that, I imagine the take rate for life-of-ownership FSD at $10,000 will drop significantly if you can get it for 8 years and 5 months at $99 per month. It seems like a lot of people lease vehicles for much shorter terms.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Per the article, “The FSD feature would cost $99 a month for those who previously bought the Enhanced Autopilot package.”
Is Enhanced Autopilot above whatever is included with a new vehicle price and below FSD? I thought new Teslas come with Autopilot standard and I don’t recall seeing a reference to Enhanced Autopilot when I was shopping.

I don’t understand who would pay the $199 per month and who would pay the $99 per month, assuming that the article is correct. Beyond that, I imagine the take rate for life-of-ownership FSD at $10,000 will drop significantly if you can get it for 8 years and 5 months at $99 per month. It seems like a lot of people lease vehicles for much shorter terms.
There used to be 3 tiers, now there are just 2. "Enhanced autopilot" was mostly rolled into the purchase price of the vehicle. Previously you had to buy up to that and then pay even more for FSD on top of the Enhanced autopilot price.

OP
OP
SoCal Rob

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

There used to be 3 tiers, now there are just 2. "Enhanced autopilot" was mostly rolled into the purchase price of the vehicle. Previously you had to buy up to that and then pay even more for FSD on top of the Enhanced autopilot price.
Okay, so I checked the Tesla site for a Model Y and it states it includes Autopilot and not Enhanced Autopilot. Is it safe to assume that means if someone buys a Model Y today and they want FSD they pay $10,000 for the life of their ownership or they pay $199 per month?

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Okay, so I checked the Tesla site for a Model Y and it states it includes Autopilot and not Enhanced Autopilot. Is it safe to assume that means if someone buys a Model Y today and they want FSD they pay $10,000 for the life of their ownership or they pay $199 per month?
Yup. That's exactly right.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

More specifically, Enhanced Autopilot included several features that were later moved into the Full Self Driving package such as Summon, Autopark, and Auto Lane Change. The standard Autopilot is just Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Keeping, and safety features. The subscription to FSD adds Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control and Autosteer on city streets on top of the Enhanced Autopilot features.

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
Used to be 3 options:
1 - Basic autopilot (included with the car)
2 - Enhanced Autopilot (an extra one time fee)
3 - Full Self Driving (a much larger extra one time fee)

If you started out with #1 or #2, you could upgrade to #2 or #3 later for a one time fee.

Now it's:
1 - You previously paid for nothing, have basic autopilot - $199/mo for FSD
2 - You previously bought for EAP - $99/mo for FSD
3 - You previously bought FSD - $0/mo to continue getting FSD

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Man, I hope Rivian doesn’t do all of this up charging for various “services”. I’m probably just spoiled since I bought my Tesla in 2015 before they started doing all of that. I have the equivalent of enhanced autopilot (which is all I really need - no interest in FSD), all OTA updates, music service and unlimited supercharging - all free for life. I think I paid $2500 for the autopilot upgrade when I bought the car.

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Kia Sorento Hybrid
Man, I hope Rivian doesn’t do all of this up charging for various “services”. I’m probably just spoiled since I bought my Tesla in 2015 before they started doing all of that. I have the equivalent of enhanced autopilot (which is all I really need - no interest in FSD), all OTA updates, music service and unlimited supercharging - all free for life. I think I paid $2500 for the autopilot upgrade when I bought the car.
"free for life of the car"

but yes, I hope Rivian doesn't do the same BS
Sponsored