First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 Silverado 1500, ‘22 i-Pace
Occupation
Stay at home parent, former airline pilot
You know what I want? Weather radar overlaid on my nav screen, if I ever get my truck. Tech has existed for ages, should be standard on every vehicle by now.
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
You know what I want? Weather radar overlaid on my nav screen, if I ever get my truck. Tech has existed for ages, should be standard on every vehicle by now.
Should be standard in an "Adventure Vehicle" at the very least!

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
It directed me to make an illegal turn at that intersection. You cannot legally turn left from a right hand turn lane, especially when there is traffic stopped at the light on the road you are turning onto. The correct left hand turn at that intersection is clearly marked on the road.

1693589910464.png
Did that route in July back to SLT and directed me to the 2 left turn lanes

carancpa

First Name
Caran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S, 07 FLHSE, 84 Sunflyer
Occupation
Certified Public Accountant
Clubs

Can't use the Rivian map/trip planner app because it can't find places in CA and NV that I normally drive to; example, typed in friends address in North Hollywood, and it wanted to take me 2 miles away at an address that wasn't even the street name I typed in. The Rivian app can't find the Bishop Rivian Charger for a charge stop after 120 miles from home. Tried to take me the wrong direction for a one-way alley in Santa Monica, CA to a public parking lot with EVgo charger. The app is always trying to send me off the 2-lane highway 95, only north/south NV route, for a 100 ft turn around on a dirt roads along the way. Very frustrating to say the least, so I went back to my android maps and check several direct charging company apps as well as SharePlug to plan a trip.

Tarkus

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
I'm sure I'm missing it, but "Resume" Mode while using cruise control is sorely missing.. o_O .
Just got my "Tarkus" 4 weeks ago Sat & 5000 Mile work trip from Atlanta to Central Pennsylvania & back to Atlanta was a killer without Resume button.

Sponsored

Rnrazdan

First Name
Rishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Got an Email with some upcoming SW updates. Looking forward to 12V battery monitoring
  • Coming in the next software update: select drive mode in trip planner, 12v battery health notifications, and manage calls with the thumb controls on your steering wheel.
Hoping for a scheduled climate timer. Ie: at 3pm, cool cabin to 70 degrees for 1 hr rather than having to do it by hand every day, especially in areas with spotty cell service.

jlstan

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mustang GT
It's been said a million times, but old-fashioned, dumb cruise control would be nice. I like to drive. I bought this because I enjoy driving. Just keep a speed for me for awhile sometimes. Sheesh.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I'm sure I'm missing it, but "Resume" Mode while using cruise control is sorely missing.. o_O
You didn't miss it... that feature doesn't exist on a Rivian yet.
Resume has been a standard feature going back to the 1980's era cruise control systems.. really weird that it was not baked in on release? 😞

It's becoming more apparent over time that people who had input in system designs at Rivian had no or extremely limited driving experence in the real world.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

*REALLY* looking forward to "select drive mode in trip planner" - I want to plan my towing trips ahead of time!

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Ooooh, the Rivian Center in Vancouver is just in time for Fully Charge Live! (Which I'll be bringing my R1T to.)

Sponsored

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I have to say that my BMW has the auto-tilt-the-side-mirror-in-reverse function that some are crowing about, and I hate it, don't need it, and find it actually throws off my parallel parking mojo when engaged. I would prefer they not include that unless it is made optional and can be disabled.
Someone may have covered this or you might already know but in BMWs I believe that is optional. Which is great, everything should be an option even if buried deep in a settings menu :)

Edit: and those someone's are @NY_Rob and @zefram47 . Way to beat me to it with more details

Last edited:

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Would love for an automatic interior jug and exterior tube release so I can pee on long drives.
Is your range that much better than mine or your bladder just smaller? I think the benefit of EVs is the forces out stops 🤣
Sponsored