Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Sorry about your situation and glad you made it through that horrible accident. Please lemon your R1T or sell it and move on with a new CT. Come back after the R2 if you like, but with all those complaints, why would you torture yourself. Move on.
Unfortunately, he's in WA state. Here, the Lemon Law only applies to vehicles sold in the state and, since it's illegal for Rivian to sell vehicles in this state, he isn't covered by these consumer protections.
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I wonder if my car has this issue. Itā€™s by far the worst EV Iā€™ve ever owned. For both vampire drain and just general unrealiable too. Enough problems to claim it a lemon.
<SNIP>
Anyhow, sorry to rant so much. But itā€™s a love and hate relationship with the Rivian R1T.
Sorry to hear about all the problems you've had with your Rivian, but just know some are flawless (other than the Vampire Drain issue).
You have an interesting story, maybe start your own thread to get some responses?
FWIW- BMW has always been considered one of the safest vehicles made... sounds like yours saved your life!

Edit.. the Model 3 was the vehicle that was hit... it's a great/safe vehicle as well!

Last edited:

Bimmer100

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Audio HiFi Manufacturer
Clubs

Sorry to hear about all the problems you've had with your Rivian, but just know some are flawless (other than the Vampire Drain issue).
You have an interesting story, maybe start your own thread to get some responses?
FWIW- BMW has always been considered one of the safest vehicles made... sounds like yours saved your life!
Thank you, however a few reasons we have this R1T still. I know others have had good luck with theirs and giving Rivian a chance to make it right. I have a lot of vehicles and itā€™s not inconveniencing me that much albeit if it was my only vehicle it would be a different story.

and our two i4 m50ā€™s are our favorite cars but I was not in one when the accident happened. And not sure how I would have faired if I was driving it. They do well on crash tests, and itā€™s a beefy car at about 5000 lbs. but I was driving our Tesla model 3 when in the accident. It has better crash ratings and took the impact from that Silverado like a champ. But I should be dead, not sure if I would be alive or not if driving the BMW. Maybe would be fine, but doesnā€™t matter. We didnā€™t replace the model3 as we loved that car for our šŸ• dog specificallyā€¦ best dog car ;) and the R1T is meant for that too. But wish Rivian would have interior cam via app to check on dog like Tesla can do. Wishful thinking anyhow.

But we still have our bmwā€™s and thank goodness. Waited 508days for mine and donā€™t want to do that again. It took 10 days to get our Tesla model3 with zero personality so itā€™s easy to replace. But wonā€™t deny how good of a car it was. I was so damn invisible in that car, maybe the reason I was hit. <sarc> if I was driving my i4 m50 I donā€™t think I would have even been in an accident. The model3 was that dark grey color, like the color of the roadā€¦. And my i4 is twilight purple which tends to be impossible not to see.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

I've seen some dead and dieing people in my time. It changed me. I'm going to say that nearly dieing probably changes people. Generally my priorities about life and what's important are different.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Looks to be a very focused deployment so far to include 2022 R1Ts. Small sample size for sure, but definitely a trend...

(Source: Electrafi.com)

Rivian R1T R1S Software Update 2023.46.01 Screenshot_20231220_111530_Chrome

Pic of my accelerator mechanism, didn't see a part# on my brief peak on my way in to the office.

Rivian R1T R1S Software Update 2023.46.01 20231220_084252

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

I've seen some dead and dieing people in my time. It changed me. I'm going to say that nearly dieing probably changes people. Generally my priorities about life and what's important are different.
I luckily escaped death from black ice (yeah, I was an idiot and I stopped riding below 3 C) when I suddenly crashed on a bike just before a car was overtaking me. The driver ran over the front wheel of the bike but missed me because I fell partially off the road. If I had fallen towards the middle of the road, I would not be here. It seems scarier now than at the time. Iā€™m more aware of just how ephemeral Life can be, but I probably havenā€™t changed that much. Humans are funny.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Vin in the upper 6000s, 2022 R1T, got update prompt this morning. For those who have updated, any issues so far.

Sponsored

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

Looks to be a very focused deployment so far to include 2022 R1Ts. Small sample size for sure, but definitely a trend...

(Source: Electrafi.com)

Screenshot_20231220_111530_Chrome.jpg

Pic of my accelerator mechanism, didn't see a part# on my brief peak on my way in to the office.

20231220_084252.jpg
Looks like a cover over the sensor.

anotherburrito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3 LR + Boost
67** I got it this morning which was surprising because I just got 46.0 last night. Seemed like a hot fix so I went ahead and allowed it to update.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Anyone got this one? Just got the notification. Itā€™s a big fix:

SOFTWARE VERSION 2023.46.01

Additional Improvements

ā€¢ In vehicles equipped with a specific accelerator pedal version, addressed a rare issue in which the vehicle may have inconsistent standstill behavior or may not go to sleep.
R1T 68xx update prompted and installing now šŸ¤ž

Budman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV
Clubs

Updated this morning. Ran a few errands and all is fine. Proximity unlock might be a bit less sensitive, had to approach closer than I remember it being.