First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
Got it a few days ago and noticed one thing that I wouldn't actually consider an issue other than making something already bad worse.

I think most of us realize the range remaining estimate on the nav is pretty useless and the range remaining on the driver screen display based on EPA estimates is far more accurate and easier to mentally adjust for conditions with even basic math. But at least the nav estimate that routinely grossly underestimated range remaining on arrival would gradually increase during the trip when it figured out you weren't really driving 80 mph uphill in the rain in subfreezing temps the whole way that it apparently uses to calculate range remaining at trip end.

Yesterday I did my usual ~200 mile trip I have done dozens of times. Knowing the distance and subtracting from the driver screen range indicator resulted in me arriving with ~85 miles left. Knowing temps were in the high 20s to high 30s with some wet roads let me estimate I would probably arrive with around 65-70 miles. In typical fashion, the nav guessed I would arrive with 30 miles remaining. At least it didn't try to force a useless charging stop or refuse that route if I didn't.

Early in the trip it did slowly adjust up to 35 miles remaining, but then stubbornly remained there the entire trip. Even when I was a mile from my destination with 68 miles remaining on the driver display, the nav still was delusional enough to display that I would arrive with 35 miles remaining.

Just one trip since the update, but based on previous behavior this update appears to actually be a step backward in an already dysfunctional nav range remaining calculation.
Sponsored

sphereobject

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Occupation
Troll
This morning in m R1S with 2023.46.0 the infotainment went black and self-rebooted while driving, about 20 minutes into a drive. I was in the process of making an Alexa query for music and Alexa was in the process of responding when the software crash occurred. This is the first spontaneous reboot in about a month of ownership from new.

Last edited:

SDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
Question: can you skip an update (or multiple updates) and just upload the latest one as and when its out, or does it force you to upload the next in sequence?

Sponsored

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
Ditto! Still waiting here, have 600 mile trip on Thursday, lots of interstate driving and really looking forward to the lane change update!
Got update from 42.01 last night, so far so good, but won't get to test drive+ changes for 2 more days but really looking forward to it!

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
anyone else lose L2 charging with the update?

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T QM, '23 R1S QM, '23 MY DM, '24 Cyberbeast
Occupation
Electric bum
Question: can you skip an update (or multiple updates) and just upload the latest one as and when its out, or does it force you to upload the next in sequence?
Likely needs to be in sequences because most updates go off of the previous version ( many times to fix the previous version's bugs). Any software engineer wants to chime in on this🤓

Reactions: SDH

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
It did not seem to be the case earlier in the year but a couple of people have said they got prompted for 2023.46 and were still on 2023.38 so this may have changed recently.

Reactions: SDH

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

kpx110

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Occupation
developer

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Mine skipped. Was on 38 and offered 46. From reports of the size they seem to be monolithic and not incremental. Not sure how they manage that for all the can modules.
Sponsored