Sponsored

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
Installed and thankfully waking by using my phone is back to being quick. After last few updates I had to use my credit card key a few times to get her to wake. So far so good.

We will see if my basically nonexistent vampire drain stays or returns to the bad old days.

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Have only used PAAK 2x since I updated and it has been much improved for me

I did have to delete the location of my garages and then add back for the location based trigger to function again

md2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Clubs

Sorry to hear you had to go through all this. This has been my issue lately. The truck, when it works, is the perfect vehicle. But when it doesn't, the experience becomes more miserable than any other manufacturer's ownerhship. I really want to get out of my Rivian just to deal with fewer issues, however, it's such a perfect vehicle in terms of size, comfort, performance, and utility. nothing else can compare. I've been considering a BMW iX as a replacement, but all I can think about is all that I'll lose compared to what the Rivian gets me. However, in 14 months of ownership, I've spent about two of them in a shitty rental car. Not great.
Thanks. Hoping it is just a minor blip and I get the truck back and all is good.

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I have never really had an issue with PaaK, sure it has gotten slightly better or slightly worse with various updates but it worked the best it ever has with the last update. I installed this update wondering how they could even improve on the performance - my first test had me standing there like an idiot for a good 15 seconds in the gym parking lot with nary a hint of feedback from the truck. Clearly the longest I have EVER waited for PaaK to work. My next PaaK test worked well. So consider me not impressed at the moment but will continue to test it out in the coming days.

Hey, but my phone contacts and favorites now work for the first time EVER in the truck, so thats positive!

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Anyone seeing worse vampire drain from this update? Went from 0-1 mile loss overnight to 2 miles overnight
Yes. I am seeing this as well. Drain is bad. I lost 8% since Sunday

Sponsored

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Hm, with all the comments, now I'm concerned about the vampire drain.

I haven't really needed to check since I just to/from work but last week I had it parked (gear guard was off) for a full 5 and a half days and not a single percentage/mile was lost when I got back in.

Knock on wood, I've been very lucky with my R1S so far.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Hm, with all the comments, now I'm concerned about the vampire drain.

I haven't really needed to check since I just to/from work but last week I had it parked (gear guard was off) for a full 5 and a half days and not a single percentage/mile was lost when I got back in.

Knock on wood, I've been very lucky with my R1S so far.
I see no excessive battery drain on my R1S after this update. Seems to be the same as I have always had around 1% every 36-48 hours.

ealberton

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Occupation
Solar Sales
Clubs

Well, I got through the latest update and one thing I am amazed at and very happy about is the incredible speed at which the Bluetooth connects and plays now. If I am forced to use Bluetooth and the ONLY way to get my phone to work with Rivina UI at least now it connects fast and makes my life a little easier.

As far as a better experience with PaaK and my phone unlocking the car.... No improvement on that front... SAD SAD SADI

chryses

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Clubs

However, following the update all Tidal artwork has gone, which is annoying but not a necessity (it was perfect pre-update).
Lost all of the Tidal artwork as well. Tried a UI reset, logged out and back in, and still nothing. Tidal also is behaving really strangely - in the middle of a song I will lose my playlist, the on-screen media buttons will grey out/stop working, and the steering wheel media controls won’t work either. I have to go into my Home Screen on Tidal to get music playing again. Already have a service appt scheduled for other issues - - - in January. If anybody manages to figure out a fix, I’m all ears. Will try a full reset tonight.

Newb26

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, BMW i3
Clubs

Here's my video on the latest update.

Sponsored