Sponsored

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

So for those folks who got screwed, is everything back to normal now with this OTA??
Truck has been fine, but mobile app has been a mess for me since the original botched up. Incorrect status showing 0% battery and all doors being open, PaaK errors, delays and loss of connection, etc.

I've gone through all the usual troubleshooting with reboots and removing/readding the PaaK but issues keep coming back. I have a ticket open but no word over the last few days.
Sponsored

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

So for those folks who got screwed, is everything back to normal now with this OTA??
Everything works fine for me after infotainment upgrade issue resolved with .2

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Any improvements with proximity lock and unlock? That was the main selling point of this update 😀
Mine is much better. It did unpair the phone key during the botched install. But once it was running again I paired it and it’s been great over the past 24 hours. Prior to this (once I got the iPhone 15), I had to start taking my fob with me everywhere. No more.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'86 VW Vanagon
Occupation
Entertainment
Clubs

If anyone else is having Alexa issues after the .0/.2 updates, I had to do a soft reset before the truck would allow me to sign in again.

Did it work before the update fix? Clue us in to what's going on, if you expect help ...
Just to be clear, Alexa worked fine for me until the 42.0 update issue. After the 42.2 fix I got an error message saying I needed to reconnect to Alexa to use the app. In settings > apps > Alexa it showed me the sign in prompt, but it was grayed out with a message below it saying it couldn’t connect and to try again later.

FWIW, just another data point on the update and its fix. Cheers!

Sponsored

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
How do you get it to open garage door?
Yes, sorry for the delay in response, but I have a Meross garage door opener connected to my home network, Alexa interfaces with that and triggers the open/ close as an Alexa skill.

Meross Garage Door Opener

Edited to include the product link

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Anyone notice that their headliner speakers no longer work after the update? I was one of the 3% of Rivian owners who got the initial update and then had to get the fix.

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

My truck no longer shows album art in Tidal after the update. This was after multiple reboots. Anybody else?
Just noticed this today, same here. No artwork on tidal albums at all

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Just noticed this today, same here. No artwork on tidal albums at all
I managed to fix this last night on my own. Log out of tidal, full truck reboot, also infotainment reboot, then log back in. That got it to all come back for me

Sponsored

PBRAZ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Denali, Range Rover
Anyone notice that their headliner speakers no longer work after the update? I was one of the 3% of Rivian owners who got the initial update and then had to get the fix.
Mine were severely dialed down after an update prior to this current one, to the point where it felt like they were disabled. I had to put my ear right next to them to hear anything. A bit disappointing as it helped create some richness to the sound. I haven't installed the current update and was not part of the 3%, so not sure if the speaker not working is attributable to that. Have you put your ear up to it and confirmed it is in fact off?

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Mine were severely dialed down after an update prior to this current one, to the point where it felt like they were disabled. I had to put my ear right next to them to hear anything. A bit disappointing as it helped create some richness to the sound. I haven't installed the current update and was not part of the 3%, so not sure if the speaker not working is attributable to that. Have you put your ear up to it and confirmed it is in fact off?
I did get as close as I could a few times at stop lights but I couldn’t hear anything. Probably didn’t help that I also could hear music from the doors. They could be dialed down like you said. How did you fix it?

PBRAZ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Denali, Range Rover
I did get as close as I could a few times at stop lights but I couldn’t hear anything. Probably didn’t help that I also could hear music from the doors. They could be dialed down like you said. How did you fix it?
No fix yet, unfortunately. Maybe in a future update we will get an option in the equalizer to adjust each speaker independently.

If it really bugs you, perhaps an audio shop could install a secondary amp to drive it, like some are doing with the sub.

PBRAZ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Denali, Range Rover
So long story short, everything is working for the most part... but you'll most likely need to log out of your music apps, hard reset, and log back in?

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

So long story short, everything is working for the most part... but you'll most likely need to log out of your music apps, hard reset, and log back in?
Try to readjust your balance/fader settings
Sponsored