Sponsored

So I Cancelled My Reservation

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I had wondered about the F150 Manny Quinn edition myself.

During hurricane season, I’ve had my power out for a week. It would indeed be a comfort to have an outlet for the fridge.
You can do that with R1T and an extension cord. V2H is not necessary.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tbrou16

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Preorder 4/22, Tesla Model 3 Performance

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I agree! Everybody in line ahead of me for an R1S should definitely, 100% cancel their orders immediately. Thank you. That is all.
How original.

riviancanucknb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram 1500
What is meant by "mannequin"?
OK interesting.

My Ford dealer offered for me to come in this week and put in a firm order for 2023 model year delivery as they have sold out of their 2022 allocation but I am now #1 on their list. He would not commit to a time range but it would probably be early 2023. I need to decide if I am going to do it this week before the move along the list...

Meanwhile I have an R1T at the locked-in pre-order price, but no clue when they are ever shipping to my part of Canada, doesn't smell like early 2023 right now

Khaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Clubs

OK interesting.

My Ford dealer offered for me to come in this week and put in a firm order for 2023 model year delivery as they have sold out of their 2022 allocation but I am now #1 on their list. He would not commit to a time range but it would probably be early 2023. I need to decide if I am going to do it this week before the move along the list...

Meanwhile I have an R1T at the locked-in pre-order price, but no clue when they are ever shipping to my part of Canada, doesn't smell like early 2023 right now
Looks like you're in NB. To be honest, I think you'll be waiting until late 2023 or early 24. Here's my logic: Rivian hasn't even gotten Transport Canada approval. Even if they get it in September, they won't start delivering trucks probably until November or December. If that's the case they've always said they will prioritize areas that has a service centre. The only place that has a service centre is BC....so all those orders will be the first to be fulfilled.

I imagine just based on pure population density, the next SC will be in the GTA, then Montreal, then Calgary/Edmonton. After that it's a crapshoot. For sure they can do all these things in parallel but my point being I don't see Rivian scaling deliveries of any R1S/Ts until easily mid-to-late 2023 in Canada let alone the Maritimes.

riviancanucknb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram 1500
Looks like you're in NB. To be honest, I think you'll be waiting until late 2023 or early 24. Here's my logic: Rivian hasn't even gotten Transport Canada approval. Even if they get it in September, they won't start delivering trucks probably until November or December. If that's the case they've always said they will prioritize areas that has a service centre. The only place that has a service centre is BC....so all those orders will be the first to be fulfilled.

I imagine just based on pure population density, the next SC will be in the GTA, then Montreal, then Calgary/Edmonton. After that it's a crapshoot. For sure they can do all these things in parallel but my point being I don't see Rivian scaling deliveries of any R1S/Ts until easily mid-to-late 2023 in Canada let alone the Maritimes.
I agree, this is the likely scenario. But the real frustration is lack of an y communication on any of this.

I emailed Rivian 6 days ago asking for an update and still have no response.

If I don't get a response by Friday I am cancelling, tired of frustration and waiting. I need a vehicle and am probably going to close on my lightning.

therealhoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2015 Tacoma Sport, 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
SW Engineer
I agree, this is the likely scenario. But the real frustration is lack of an y communication on any of this.

I emailed Rivian 6 days ago asking for an update and still have no response.

If I don't get a response by Friday I am cancelling, tired of frustration and waiting. I need a vehicle and am probably going to close on my lightning.

I also had a lightning reservation and I cancelled that and bought the Rivian. Now I'm kicking myself for being an idiot. If you have the capital and wherewithal, double check the market conditions, buy both and sell one right away. At the time I closed on the Rivian, I could have flipped the Lightning, or the Rivian, for about a 30k profit at market price point.

Sponsored

golden_frog

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
After sales and capital gains tax, that profit drops pretty significantly

FrankieJ

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and Mercedes GLE 53 AMG
Good questions. There's about a $10k dealer ADM on the mannequin, but that's before the recent price increase. The biggest difference was the V2H capability of the Ford. I love the look and off-road/sporty utility of the Rivian, but it would be far less used than the back up generator capability. I look forward to Rivian coming out with the Max Pack and V2H software (as it is already equipped with the hardware).

Another point is that I live in Louisiana, which is currently about a couple hundred miles from the nearest Rivian service center. After living with the Tesla for a couple years without one (there is now an SC in NOLA), it was a pain to live with the rattles and squeaks of an early adoption vehicle. Also my location would've put me even further away from getting selected to order a Rivian.
I sure wish the consuming public would stop agreeing to dealer markups. This is something Ford is having a hard time dealing with. They tried to stop it by threatening the dealer network but that has not worked well. It sounds like they don’t have the legal authority to stop it. Sad state of affairs.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I sure wish the consuming public would stop agreeing to dealer markups. This is something Ford is having a hard time dealing with. They tried to stop it by threatening the dealer network but that has not worked well. It sounds like they don’t have the legal authority to stop it. Sad state of affairs.
GM/Ford are reaping what they sowed. They wanted the dealer franchise arrangement, and they created this beast as a result.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
GM/Ford are reaping what they sowed. They wanted the dealer franchise arrangement, and they created this beast as a result.
Not that I have any love for the dealerships, but it worked for all involved (manufacturer/dealership/consumer) for the last 100 yrs. The dealerships were necessary as there were no direct means for the manufacturers to sell/service their vehicles. Tesla broke the dealership model and Rivian and others are proceeding to do the same. I'm sure GM, Ford, etc.. are eager to end dealerships ASAP but face an uphill battle from 100 yr old powerful businesses.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I know. That’s why I ordered the Rivian.
Also, side note, CCS can support V2H and Rivian has stated they're going to support it. We're just now waiting on the CCS chargers to arrive on the market, AFAIK none of them have actually started shipping yet: https://electrek.co/2022/01/03/wall...rger-announced-turns-evs-into-huge-powerwall/

So in the future you'll in theory be able to purchase a V2H CCS Charger and accomplish it.

Edit: This person does a better job of explaining it than I can/did: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...-get-v2h-like-the-lightning.6597/#post-171505
Sponsored