First Name
Carlitos way
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7,A3, Macan GTS
Occupation
Mouth Janitor
Bellevue or Seattle, does not matter, as long is it is operational by next fall....... ;)
Sponsored

chrismc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
It would make a lot more sense to have all the Amazon van infrastructure down at the south end- all of their distribution centers and logistics infrastructure is down there already. Having the vans go up to Bellevue for service is pretty out of the way.

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

They certainly need to expand in the PNW. I was on the phone with service the other day (they called me) regarding my balance, low speed tock issues.

He told me they wanted to schedule service as they had a repair plan in place then he looked and said neither Portland or Bellevue had any availability this year...
Not sure this makes you feel any better, but the VW dealer in Portland just told me they can't look at an issue with my ID.4 until mid December....

Seattleite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Slacker
Has anyone driven past this site recently? Looking at StreetView on Google maps, there was no structure evident as of October.... Don't make me drive down there myself!

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Has anyone driven past this site recently? Looking at StreetView on Google maps, there was no structure evident as of October.... Don't make me drive down there myself!
From what i recall reading, its a warehouse that is already built or mostly built and over 90,000 sqft. which means it may not take as long to get it up and running.

it looks like Rivian is also opening another SC in Redmond based on this new info they posted. which is very close to the existing Bellevue SC. makes me wonder if they might shut it down since it seems like a pretty small facility and go with the huge SC in south Seattle and a new larger one in Redmond.

https://rivian.com/experience/service
Rivian R1T R1S Seattle Expansion 1670368743032

Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
The Bellevue and (I assume) the Redmond locations are on the light rail line, which would make it convenient for customers to drop off and pick up at the service center. Starting sometime next year, of course, when Sound Transit finishes what they're doing.

The south Seattle location is going to be really annoying to get to, at least for me, since it requires going through the city. I do hope they make that into a van-only center.

Seattleite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Slacker
From my very amateur (and subject to correction) internet sleuthing, the Tukwila SC will be in "Emerald Gateway Building 2", which will be at the north end of the construction zone, just south of the Museum of Flight, which is currently dirt on Google maps as of October. It looks like Rivian will be leasing half of the building for ~98000 sq ft.

"A spokesperson for the electric automaker said in an email the facility is a planned vehicle service center location. The location is notable for its proximity to the headquarters of one of Rivian's biggest customers and investors, Amazon.com Inc.
Prologis' website said the warehouse, Emerald Gateway Building 2, will be available in March 2023. Permits filed with the cities of Seattle and Tukwila show development has been underway for most of this year."

Rivian R1T R1S Seattle Expansion Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 4.22.55 PM

Last edited:
OP
OP
WSea

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
From my very amateur (and subject to correction) internet sleuthing, the Tukwila SC will be in "Emerald Gateway Building 2", which will be at the north end of the construction zone, just south of the Museum of Flight, which is currently dirt on Google maps as of October. It looks like Rivian will be leasing half of the building for ~98000 sq ft.

"A spokesperson for the electric automaker said in an email the facility is a planned vehicle service center location. The location is notable for its proximity to the headquarters of one of Rivian's biggest customers and investors, Amazon.com Inc.
Prologis' website said the warehouse, Emerald Gateway Building 2, will be available in March 2023. Permits filed with the cities of Seattle and Tukwila show development has been underway for most of this year."

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 4.22.55 PM.png
Correct. I included the brochure in post #15

Seattleite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Slacker
Just because I have no life, I went to have a look at the construction for the putative Tukwila SC. My wild-guesstimate is that it's around 6 months out from completion? The first two images are from the north side, and the last one from the southside...
Rivian R1T R1S Seattle Expansion IMG_6789
Rivian R1T R1S Seattle Expansion IMG_6790
Rivian R1T R1S Seattle Expansion IMG_6792

Seattleite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Slacker
Does anyone have any updates about this location? I drove past last month, and the building is finished, but no sign of any Rivan-related activity. Are they still planning on having an outpost here, or are the Auburn and Kirkland temporary SCs going to become permanent?

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone have any updates about this location? I drove past last month, and the building is finished, but no sign of any Rivan-related activity. Are they still planning on having an outpost here, or are the Auburn and Kirkland temporary SCs going to become permanent?
They're doing tenant improvements. It was stuck in some permitting for a long time. Auburn and Kirkland are temporary locations rented out from a local do-it-yourself garage.

RIV206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 R1S, '23 Model Y
Clubs

I didn't even know about the Kirkland location until this evening when they scheduled me there for service in Jan

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

when i spoke with someone at the Bellevue SC a couple of months ago, he told me they were working on expanding to a much larger facility in Seattle (no mention of Kirkland or Auburn). they had hoped to open at the end of 2023 but was looking like early 2024. it makes sense if they were delayed that they'd open Kirkland and Auburn locations as temporary overflow. fingers crossed that's the case and this new facility comes online s0ooo0n.

golden2332

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
I can report that I had an excellent experience at the Auburn facility today. They have consistently provided efficient, quality service for my R1T. Whatever happens in Seattle SC, I hope they continue to operate the Auburn facility.

OP
OP
WSea

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
I can report that I had an excellent experience at the Auburn facility today. They have consistently provided efficient, quality service for my R1T. Whatever happens in Seattle SC, I hope they continue to operate the Auburn facility.
Under construction. Checked yesterday for updates on inspections and nothing new. During the hearing in Oly yesterday a Rivian rep mentioned it will open in a couple of months. IMO probably longer
Sponsored