Running Boards

jambaman84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Hey everyone,

Does anyone live in the Sacramento area and know of a place that can install running boards?
Also, any recommendations for what the best running board is?
Sponsored

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I see a lot of people go with the EV Sportline. I got some myself for my R1S but have not arrived yet. They see pretty simple to DIY.

shap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, R1T
I see a lot of people go with the EV Sportline. I got some myself for my R1S but have not arrived yet. They see pretty simple to DIY.
They are not complex to install but takes time and you need appropriate tools. One side took me 3 hours, a second side 40 minutes :)

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
Like shap said, the EV Sportline boards are not difficult to install - it just takes a bit of time. Total time for my install including prep and clean up (lots of plastic shavings from cutting the holes) was about 3 hours. Well worth the cost of the RBs and installation effort. Hardest part (and time consuming) was the creation of pilot bits to keep the hole saw from cutting too deeply. As someone on an earlier thread suggested, I used wooden dowels, which unfortunately kept breaking so I had to make 4 to finish the job.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Yeah, the hole saw is an important tool for this install. I bought a good one, with the ability to adjust the length of the arbor bit, but I still had to cut 1/2 inch off the end of the bit to prevent the bit from contacting the metal underside. No dowels needed, but you still want to pre-drill the center holes to prevent the arbor from biting and pulling the cutter in too fast.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...oards-sliders-from-team-1ev.11589/post-302363

Sponsored

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

You can pre-drill and they make metal dowels that you could use instead of a drill bit and more durable than wood

YellowR1T

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired Air Force
Clubs

Like shap said, the EV Sportline boards are not difficult to install - it just takes a bit of time. Total time for my install including prep and clean up (lots of plastic shavings from cutting the holes) was about 3 hours. Well worth the cost of the RBs and installation effort. Hardest part (and time consuming) was the creation of pilot bits to keep the hole saw from cutting too deeply. As someone on an earlier thread suggested, I used wooden dowels, which unfortunately kept breaking so I had to make 4 to finish the job.
IF you splurge for the rock sliders version, no drill required.

" Installation is straight forward, bolt-on design and DIY friendly. No extra parts or specialty tools are required. No permanent modifications to the truck frame structure are required. "

https://evsportline.com/products/te...ers-for-rivian-r1t-r1s?variant=41100768116876
Sponsored