Sponsored

RIVIAN STOCK

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
If they announce bad results the stock will be $25 or lower. They currently have no good news to announce. The recent delays with interior colors has not helped. It just looks like a great design company that cannot deliver anything on time. You almost wish that a major car brand would buy the company and get control of the manufacturing process. They have the best Truck out there but all of their other issues are taking the company down.
The shareholder good news is not always the same as reservation holder good news. Interior color situation tells the share holder Rivian is willing to do what it takes to get as many R1s out the door as fast as they can. To me ironing out the quality control issues and fixing design problems with OTA as fast as possible is very important. In this market any EV will sell but a few years down the road when market is crowded, reputation will be Rivian’s distinguishing asset. The way CS and QC works today tells me as a company they are not a well oiled machine yet. How they do in 22 (not how the stock does) will say a lot about how they do long term. If less than 3% of R1Ts and R1Ss delivered in December of this year generate a service call within the first two months, I say future of the company is in good shape regardless of how many they deliver this year or how badly the stock does in 22.

Disclaimer: my crystal ball is as foggy as the next guy. I just like talking out of my a….
Sponsored

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
Today Rivian closed at $30! Someone said Rivian would be ripe for a takeover in the teens. That’s only $10 away. Think the stock’s going to be okay?

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Today Rivian closed at $30! Someone said Rivian would be ripe for a takeover in the teens. That’s only $10 away. Think the stock’s going to be okay?
Probably not because I bought some today. :oops:

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Whole market tanked today. So not reading much into this. Tesla lost $100 today.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

When RJ starts selling stock, we know the end is near.

Sponsored

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

I think at this price it is a BUY..... I had $50k in at $47 and $30k in at $35.... Rivian is well positioned to succeed once they overcome supply chain challenges
I wish I had that type liquid capital to spend…

…could’ve bought another R1 too with that lol

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Rivian is a buy and hold. There is little that will come out in the next year or two to make the price jump. The whole market is tanking and will do so for the rest of the year. Next year RIVN stock might start its slow crawl higher, but I don’t really plan on looking at it for a few years. Too many unknowns.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Barclays lowers Rivian PT on little valuation support, risks to production ramp

"With RIVN having reported 1,410 units of production YTD as of March 8, 2022 vs 2,553 units overall in Q1, we estimate an exit rate of ~410 units per week. Even assuming that weekly run-rate holds for all of Q2, it still implies ~5,350 units of production, and FY’22 production of ~18,600. However, with Q1 deliveries lagging production by a wider-than-expected margin, we have reduced our Q2 delivery estimate to 4,150 from 4,910 prior," analysts explained.

Furthermore, the bank questions the extent to which Rivian has secured enough supply to support its ambitious growth plans, especially in light of CEO RJ Scaringe's recent comments, where he warned of looming EV battery shortage.

FutureTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Pre Order 10/2021, Delivered 8/2022
I was going to buy in at $25...now I think I might revise to $20

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Anyone got some bandaids? My hands have lots of little cuts

Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Rivian stock might have hit rock bottom today. $32.18 last time I checked.

Last edited:

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I hate getting early morning emails from MS "RIVN has hit a new 52 week low..." $29.75 this morning :(

Last edited:

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

May 9th is the lock up expiration date - two days before the earnings report for the Q1 and Q2 delivery update.

Monday probably will be ugly for RIVN and hope for upside surprise on Wednesday.

Ford has 100m shares and Amazon has 180m. While Amazon will probably not sell, Ford probably wants to cash out to fund their own activity.
Sponsored