First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Volvo XC 90
Occupation
Engineer
I've always seen people with AWD without chains in the mountains. Not sure I have seen a vehicle with AWD + chains.
We do it whenever is snows in our Seattle neighborhood. AWD is great. AWD +chains is amazing. I don’t mind going uphill without chains. I’m terrified of sliding going downhill.
Sponsored

Tommy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 HD Fatboy
Again....back to the original post- Any new contacts?

Received the welcome letter from my guide on Monday 12 July but have not yet had time to set up a date for the introduction due to some unexpected urgent family business.

As a result, I have had to postpone my call, resulting in this reply to the guide.

Hello Trevor,

Thanks for reaching out. Currently I am unable to schedule our meeting but look forward to connecting with you soon.

Regards, Tom

It made me laugh when I re-read my reply as the wording was unintentional. I thought y'all might get a kick out of it too.

Last edited:

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
@Tommy , you might edit your comment with attention to where the "QUOTE" and "[/QUOTE]" are located; your comments should be after the "[/QUOTE]".

That's too funny! I wonder if your guide took it as a joke/jab, or just brushed it off.

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
Received the welcome letter from my guide on Monday 12 July but have not yet had time to set up a date for the introduction due to some unexpected urgent family business.

As a result, I have had to postpone my call, resulting in this reply to the guide.

Hello Trevor,

Thanks for reaching out. Currently I am unable to schedule our meeting but look forward to connecting with you soon.

Regards, Tom

It made me laugh when I re-read my reply as the wording was unintentional. I thought y'all might get a kick out of it too.
proceed directly to the end of the line sir ?

In all seriousness. Hope you and your family are doing okay ?

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner

Hello Trevor,

Regards, Tom

Best post ever

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I'll give you points for this comment.

It is frustrating knowing late(r than you) adopters are getting their vehicles before you. However, as much as you think management behind Rivian is a group of idiots because they can't get you your vehicle when you anticipate it, consider all the startups that fail before this point or shortly after launch because they rushed their 1.0 product and put out a beta.

Way I see it, you have three options in front of you

1. Move to Seattle or California to put yourself up the in the delivery queue due to service location

2. Calm down, wait and focus on other things, your shiny Rivian will come.

3. Cancel your preorder and move on.

PS

Hope the move to Seattle goes well :like:

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
CT seems to fit your personality better anyhow. Enjoy it!

Sponsored

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

All these things can be true:
  • Manufacturing is hard
    • Especially now
  • Start Ups are hard
    • Especially now
  • People should know the factors that go into deliveries
    • Criteria like is the service center under construction or not isn't some magic competitive juice and should be shared if it's really impacting a several months difference in deliveries and people here pulling bids and permits shouldn't be how we find out
  • Given that there has already been a delay (and given #1 & #2) some of us are worried or worse
  • Rivian can still deliver but there are also things still pending which give the impression that they might not for some time
    • Weekly Guide Training Material Releases
    • App and UI overviews
    • Details on tour events (seriously, post some dates already)
All this is basically about Rivian putting information out. I might not like some of the info but I can at least understand and change my expectations.

Kickstarter and Indiegogo campaigns have expectations for weekly posts, Rivian can at least provide some regular status updates to us. All I want to see is "still on schedule", "planning the first 100 to be shipped", "here's a map of service centers under construction and ones planned in the next 3-6 months"