Sponsored

[RESOLVED] My R1T is leaking brake fluid

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
Thanks, that is great info. I had sent a ping to my guide on Friday but she was out of the office late last week. Glad you found a work around because I have no intentions of starting a policy before I need one.
It was actually kind of funny because my guide interpreted it as an insurance question that maybe should be referred to the insurance department. So I spoke to one of Rivian's agents, and she was like "yeah, it's a total pain for us too because they just make us guess which day we should start coverage. So weird!"
Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
@plasmdude did you get any prognosis?

I‘m also hoping this is hydraulic fluid from the suspension fittings and was just redistrubuted on your driveway perpendicular to the truck due to the underbody panels.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
It was actually kind of funny because my guide interpreted it as an insurance question that maybe should be referred to the insurance department. So I spoke to one of Rivian's agents, and she was like "yeah, it's a total pain for us too because they just make us guess which day we should start coverage. So weird!"
This is really odd because in CA you have 30 day grace period. All I have ever done is show proof of existing insurance when purchasing a vehicle then contact my insurance company the next business day once I took possession.

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
Here is a view from under the truck. Definitely can see some oil. Overnight, it was parked mostly flat and no spots on the street. Probably some gasket not seated when on incline.

PXL_20220317_153455225.jpg
Does your truck have the Reinforced Underbody Shield?

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
This is really odd because in CA you have 30 day grace period. All I have ever done is show proof of existing insurance when purchasing a vehicle then contact my insurance company the next business day once I took possession.
Yeah, well... they also left us with our trade in plates and stuck a temporary Illinois plate on the FJ when they drove off because the plates follow the person not the vehicle over there. ?‍♂ We're also driving around with an IL drive-away permit not a temp WA registration. This is a manifestation of the whole interstate-sale-to-dodge-franchise-dealer-laws thing.

But I'm now realizing I'm fueling a diversion from the main thread topic which is about the hydraulic lines and underbody protection... Sorry ?

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

For previous EV owners. Were there leaks in your vehicles this early???

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Zero on our Model Y. I chalk it up to a brand new company and growing pains. Tesla is the senior BEV manufacturer with a whopping decade of BEV manufacturing experience.

I wouldn’t worry however as Rivian’s come with a generous 5/60k bumper to bumper warranty. If the Rivian came with a standard 3/36 warranty I honestly would not be entertaining their pickup truck.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
It wound up not being a big deal and fairly easy to deal with, but I still think they should let you pick your date before asking for your proof of insurance...
Maybe it was a glitch, but I set my delivery date before I had either the insurance or finance steps completed.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Was the truck driven to you or flatbed?

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Things happen, my Jeep GC had a poorly tightened transmission cooler line when I picked it up, found out at 50 miles on the odometer when it let go and pumped all the tranny fluid on the road.

Bad start with the car but been great since.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Growing pains... hope it gets resolved soon. Please keep us informed.

HJP1

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (sold) Lexus LS460, Cadillac XT5, Lexus IS500
Occupation
retired
Beside the leaking fluid issue it looks awesome and love the LE green which is what I have on order. Keep us posted as to your experience with Rivian service.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
No. But every car manufacturer will have the occasional issue with a new car. Just gotta hope you aren't the unlucky one.
Sponsored