Recommendation for loading ramp ?

jewwithguitar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Does anyone have a recommendation for loading ramps? Looking for something to load up my snowblower and want to avoid damaging the liftgate and bed.
Sponsored

idiocyafoot

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla S, LX470, R1200GSA, 500EXC-F
I got two of these cycle gear ramps when they were on sale for $79. (I think they are pretty much perpetually on sale for $99.)

We got them for dirtbikes but I would think two could work for a lot of different things. Seem to be decent quality and fit in gear tunnel perfectly with room to spare.

They come with straps and we put a towel down on the edge of the tailgate. So far have worked very well.

https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/trackside-aluminum-folding-ramp?sku_id=1127285

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

Depending on size/width the ready ramp has never failed me.

I liked that the ramp doubles as a bed extender

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
I was looking into this for the exact same reason and saw some decent and inexpensive looking options at Harbor Freight... but then the place that services my snowblower offered to pick it up and drop off for me so wasn't going to say no to that. Good luck.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Does anyone have a recommendation for loading ramps? Looking for something to load up my snowblower and want to avoid damaging the liftgate and bed.
I have two sets that I use. One set that's very similar to the HF ones, they fit nicely into the gear tunnel and are lightweight. I've used these to get a lawn tractor into the bed. The other is a set of used wheel chair ramps. They're HEAVY, but they distribute the load a bit better across the tailgate. I've used these to move multiple things - including a piano onto the bed.

Personally, I'd like to get rid of both and go for a set of aluminum wheel chair ramps. Why wheel chair? They tend to be solid surfaced so items with smaller wheels (ie, dollies, etc.) can use them as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jewwithguitar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

Just wanted to confirm that you were using the the compact bed extender and it fits the R1T?

https://readyramp.com/shop/readyramp-i-beam-compact-bed-extender-ramp-black-90-open-50-on-truck/
Not on the R1T as I am still waiting at Step 8

It's not a fixed attachment so it has some play/tuning
the "top" corner when in the folded position has to hooks on cam lock nylon straps you hook that to the tailgate latch anchors
and the "bottom" has a bar/ peg piece that get locked into the lock mechanism on the tailgate itself, again with some adjustability in the strap so you can really synch it all down

I have personally used it with success on:

All generations of Tacoma
The Last Gen Frontier
A '19 Colorado
A '21 Ranger

OP
OP

jewwithguitar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Thanka for the info. Please let us know if it fits on your R1T once you receive it!

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I have a pair of CargoSmart S-Curve Centerfold ramps. 12" wide x 90" long, 750 lb rating per ramp, and they fold to about 47" which means they store inside your Rivian bed nicely. They are not cheap at about $150-$170 each, depending on where you buy them, but they work extremly well for me. They have a strap that attaches to the truck to prevent ramp slip out. The "solid" rung design lets you load stuff with a handtruck, or small wheels, etc.

I looked at Harbor Freight when I bought these, but decided that I should follow my Harbor Freight Rule - "Never buy anything at Harbor Freight that will injure or kill you if it breaks."

Rivian R1T R1S Recommendation for loading ramp ? 1669687278449
Sponsored