Sponsored

Real Rivian Photos & Videos

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
So if you were contacted as late as June 15th and live in LA or Chicago you would still have your RIT before the end of June. It takes no more than 3-5 days to ship a Car to Ca. Also, while you said you would be concerned if Guides don’t reach out by next week there is nothing any of us can do other than getting upset. RIVIAN only loses credibility if they don’t delivery until July.
Okay. ???

Trying to get this thread back on track...How cool is this hard hat?
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1621452952041
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
So if you were contacted as late as June 15th and live in LA or Chicago you would still have your RIT before the end of June. It takes no more than 3-5 days to ship a Car to Ca. Also, while you said you would be concerned if Guides don’t reach out by next week there is nothing any of us can do other than getting upset. RIVIAN only loses credibility if they don’t delivery until July.
I think they are taking a hit on credibility.

We know they monitor these forums from some obscure statements we have seen from some Rivian posts. They know that the natives are getting more restless by the week not because there may be a delay but because they do not have any information for individual projected deliveries and spec information. They did say they would start reaching out in May with the Rivian Guide program, even if you are not ready to build and deliver follow through on that, let the guides provide information.

Given that most of the people on these forums are long time reservation holders and some of their more ardent supporters spreading the Rivian word to other potential customers, it is a credibility issue for them.

The main concern a lot of people have is not I want mine now, (although there is some of that) but from a planning perspective. They have vehicle leases coming to term, they may need to offload some stock or move some funds in into more liquid accounts for the purchase.

A simple planned cadence for updates would go a long way to assuage the reservation holders and allow them to plan accordingly. If you do not have all of the answers, provide the ones that you have. If you say you are going to do something at a particular time and that time is going to slip, be up front, say it will slip.

We all know that when someone says they will do something in May, it is not assumed May first but normally the first half, if the plan was late May the message would have been by the end of May. If you are halfway through May, reset the expectation and explain the delay, most people will understand.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
So if you were contacted as late as June 15th and live in LA or Chicago you would still have your RIT before the end of June. It takes no more than 3-5 days to ship a Car to Ca.
So you are assuming in your example that for a car to get to the customer in CA by Jun 30, it needs to be shipped out by June 23/24. Meaning that from the VERY FIRST time the customer hears from their guide on June 15, picking their options, finalizing their order, actually building the vehicle will take 8 calendar days (June 15 - 22)?

Amdolan

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Durango
So you are assuming in your example that for a car to get to the customer in CA by Jun 30, it needs to be shipped out by June 23/24. Meaning that from the VERY FIRST time the customer hears from their guide on June 15, picking their options, finalizing their order, actually building the vehicle will take 8 calendar days (June 15 - 22)?
Vehicles could be pre-built prior to confirmation with a guide. They could be building production vehicles right now.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Okay. ???

Trying to get this thread back on track...How cool is this hard hat?
1621452952041.png
Looks like you can buy that hard hat on Amazon, and based on the "ripple" visible in the front compass it seems Rivian simply added some vinyl stickers.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Vehicles could be pre-built prior to confirmation with a guide. They could be building production vehicles right now.
It strikes me as very odd if they make calls on paint, interior options etc. before finalizing orders with a customer. We're talking about just a handful of units for June, wouldn't they want those to be exactly what the customers ordered? And especially for exterior paint, isn't that one of the first things that happens?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The main concern a lot of people have is not I want mine now, (although there is some of that) but from a planning perspective. They have vehicle leases coming to term, they may need to offload some stock or move some funds in into more liquid accounts for the purchase.

A simple planned cadence for updates would go a long way to assuage the reservation holders and allow them to plan accordingly. If you do not have all of the answers, provide the ones that you have. If you say you are going to do something at a particular time and that time is going to slip, be up front, say it will slip.
This. I know several people have mentioned similar issues, but I'm literally playing some guessing games about buying a vehicle to hold me over till the R1T ships (I don't have an LE). So just knowing whether I can reasonable guesstimate Q1 vs Q3 of 2022 would be really helpful. Which is asking a lot of Rivian, but again, just getting some less cryptic answers would be helpful.

Last edited:

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

It strikes me as very odd if they make calls on paint, interior options etc. before finalizing orders with a customer. We're talking about just a handful of units for June, wouldn't they want those to be exactly what the customers ordered? And especially for exterior paint, isn't that one of the first things that happens?
Think of it this way. They show that there are 10 people in the Chicago area with the configurator set for blue ext white int. They produce 10 in blue ext/white int. If a few people refuse delivery, they set them to the side and they just go on the next truck to the next location. There are effectively 3 options we all are picking exterior color, interior color, wheels. Wheels can be changed but I doubt they will have trouble finding someone to deliver to if they have one left over.

Or they just produce as many launch green's with a variety of interiors as possible and send them on their way to whatever locations most coinvent for them.

For the first few months... demand way exceeds supply so they can produce and there will be customers that take delivery.

Sponsored

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

Think of it this way. They show that there are 10 people in the Chicago area with the configurator set for blue ext white int. They produce 10 in blue ext/white int. If a few people refuse delivery, they set them to the side and they just go on the next truck to the next location. There are effectively 3 options we all are picking exterior color, interior color, wheels. Wheels can be changed but I doubt they will have trouble finding someone to deliver to if they have one left over.

Or they just produce as many launch green's with a variety of interiors as possible and send them on their way to whatever locations most coinvent for them that have those ordered.

For the first few months... demand way exceeds supply so they can produce and there will be customers that take delivery.
At the end of 2022, they probably will start to have production meet demand so at that point, they will need to increase the timeline in the order finalization process as only at that point they risk having inventory sit on a lot somewhere.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Objectively, they aren’t late regarding Guide contacts until 12:00 a.m. June 1st and they aren’t late with starting deliveries until 12:00 a.m. July 1st. If one person gets contacted by a Guide and one person gets a vehicle delivered by those times and dates then they’ve technically met their stated goals.

Until we hit those cutoffs it’s not a Rivian problem it’s an us problem. We are imposing earlier deadlines to which Rivian never committed. Let’s see if they deliver on what they publicly stated.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
I need four Compass yellow shirts to rep Team yellow with my family wearing shirts with our yellow lab in a field of Scotchbroom.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Until we hit those cutoffs it’s not a Rivian problem it’s an us problem. We are imposing earlier deadlines to which Rivian never committed.
Reminds me of the outrage when they released info on a couple of Thursdays and didn't continue with that pattern. The forum decided that they had committed to do that every week and the hue and cry of major disaster and unannounced delays because the Thursday info stopped was pretty amazing.
Sponsored