Real Rivian Photos & Videos

skyote

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
RJ is Vegan. I think that's a commendable choice. I have lately thought that I should switch (for ethical reasons). It's a hard thing to do, and I respect those who have successfully transitioned.
Capture+_2021-07-20-10-36-41.png

Advertisement

electruck

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC60
I told you guys JB would get his by end of July. Idk what RJ is talking about, they're right on schedule with deliveries.
I read some press this morning where Rivian that stated those vehicles are "pre-production loaners". From Rivian's perspective, probably free advertising more than extended testing.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2013 BMW F800GS, 1969 Jeep CJ5
Occupation
Software Engineering
Looks like they’re sticking with the fabric ”pull loops” for access to underseat storage. Functional I suppose, but makes me question the guy who told us they were benchmarking the interior against the likes of Bentley and Lambo.
Tough balance here because "quality" and "utility" aren't mutually exclusive, but carry different connotational baggage.

I'd rather have a functional pull loop than some fussy push-release/button/whatever, as long as it's durable, thoughtfully designed, and ages well. I want "quality," not "glitzy." But the difference is hard to spot until you try it in person.

(EDIT: A great counter example is the fussy door controls in a Model 3/Y, especially before they added the backlit "door" icon to the interior button. Yes, it's electronic and sleek and ostensibly high-quality. But nothing about "I have to explain to every single passenger how to get enter or exit this fscking car" feels like "luxury.")

Last edited:

dleewla

First Name
David
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Honda Accord
Occupation
Technical Program Manager
What color y'all think that is? Its seems too dark to be LA Silver and not dark enough to be El Cap Granite so thinking Limestone. But... when you watch the video and they show the skycam view, it looks Rivian Blue. So confused.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Reservation Holder
What color y'all think that is? Its seems too dark to be LA Silver and not dark enough to be El Cap Granite so thinking Limestone. But... when you watch the video and they show the skycam view, it looks Rivian Blue. So confused.
LA Silver

dleewla

First Name
David
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicles
Occupation
Do my eyes deceive me or are those the 20" AT wheels, originally for just the R1T but since available for the R1S, in a dark style? They look great! I was wondering if that combination would be possible, because it seemed like that wheel was not available as a dark option, while the other 20" wheel and the 22" wheel were available in a dark style.

If these 20" wheels are available in black but for a crazy upcharge then I'll stick with the non-dark option (and maybe get them powder coated), but it seems like an interesting permutation that hasn't been seen before. Though I could have easily missed an update along the way.
Not sure what you're talking about, this is a R1T with those wheels, not an R1S. And those dark wheels are not available for either the R1T or as R1S currently on the configurator.

dleewla

First Name
David
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicles
Occupation
I also saw RJ in the crowd at the landing. he was in a grey shirt with I think some black, red, and white nikes.

Capture.PNG
How in the world can you tell that's RJ Scaringe from that photo?

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicles
Passat, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
How in the world can you tell that's RJ Scaringe from that photo?
because I saw him in other spots during the live stream. I just used this photo since someone else posted it. it was confirmed, that is him.

electruck

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC60
There's no reason to even assume it's a standard Rivian color. The Blue Origin feather graphic on the side certainly isn't a standard Rivian offering.

dleewla

First Name
David
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicles
Occupation
There's no reason to even assume it's a standard Rivian color. The Blue Origin feather graphic on the side certainly isn't a standard Rivian offering.
True

Advertisement

Advertisement