Rattles & Squeaks

thedole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Occupation
Brewmeister
I have noticed strange noises at slow speeds on rough roads. Also have a growling noise and feel when turning, the faster the more pronounced. Would love to be in another truck to know if this is normal. Is this just because it has no engine vibration/noises that I am noticing it or is something not right?
I have the same slight growling noise. I notice it at highways speeds when turning slightly. It’s not consistently there though. I also have the rattling over most bumpy roads at slow speed. Haven’t scheduled any service and kinda waiting to see what others find.
Sponsored

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
I have the same slight growling noise. I notice it at highways speeds when turning slightly. It’s not consistently there though. I also have the rattling over most bumpy roads at slow speed. Haven’t scheduled any service and kinda waiting to see what others find.
Anyone notice this with 21' road tires?

Ravi4l

First Name
Ravi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Gen2 Raptor, Lotus Evora, Chevy Bolt/Volt
Occupation
Sys Eng
I have 21s I have service request in since days 1 also getting wind noice from Glass roof and to all please check your underbody fasteners they r t30 and 10mm most off mine was very loose oh also fender lines. After my first wash I saw few fell off. Love the R1T

Reactions: Rad

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I get some minor squeaks that sound like the suspension sorting itself out at low speeds in certain circumstances. Nothing that bothers me or makes me think I should be worried.

Interior/trim has been totally locked down though, no rattles or squeaks anywhere.

Heimat

First Name
Tad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
pipefitter, rental property
The truck is scheduled for service 2nd week of June for wind noise and panel realignment. I plan on having them look into the noises while it's at the Service center.

Sponsored

DailyR1

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure - Limestone
Occupation
Sales
Clubs

My R1 got delivered on Monday and I immediately put in a service ticket for the rattles and clunks in the front suspension. Slower speeds over choppy bumps and the front end sounds likes its loose AF. Tech told me that if could be a software update that will fix it so they forced the 2022.15 version and still same problem. I am 5 hours from nearest service center but this must get fixed. I can feel the slop and clunks in the steering wheel and the banging sound is terrible.
Please let us know if anyone gets an update, this cant possibly be the finished product. right?

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
My R1 got delivered on Monday and I immediately put in a service ticket for the rattles and clunks in the front suspension. Slower speeds over choppy bumps and the front end sounds likes its loose AF. Tech told me that if could be a software update that will fix it so they forced the 2022.15 version and still same problem. I am 5 hours from nearest service center but this must get fixed. I can feel the slop and clunks in the steering wheel and the banging sound is terrible.
Please let us know if anyone gets an update, this cant possibly be the finished product. right?
I sort of discounted this as nature of the beast. Wish there was an easy benchmark to compare to.

blturner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Space Pirate
I have the same, but on front passenger. Doesn't seem to worrying.
Me too. I lowered the tire pressure to the door sticker and that helped. I think they were a bit overinflated.
All of them were making a lot of noise on bumpy roads. With the front passenger being the loudest and the front drivers the least loud. I figure that is just how it is. It is not like every other car does not make noise when you hit bumps.

JohnnyRico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I have this front end janky-ness as well. I had a Rivian tech out to investigate. He spent an hour under the truck making sure everything was torqued properly (at least what he could get to). Unfortunately, no change. There’s also a slight groan that I can feel through the steering when going around a curve at slow speeds. Not sure if this is the tires or not, but it doesn’t feel normal in my opinion.

if any of you get feedback or a fix, I’d appreciate hearing back!

22RivianCDH

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 22 R1S, 22 Raptor 37, 21Jeep 392,20 G63
Occupation
Broker
I am hoping there will be a get together of current R1T owners in my area in the near future for that exact same purpose. It would be easy to drive similar roads with different trucks to compare. Unfortunately, Atlanta is a bit out of my range ;)
Hi--
Any update on the noises? Mine is making a defintnie squeaking noises at slow speeds on speed bumps (sounds like bushings or possibly bed mounting points) like some suspension joint needs lubrication???

When I did the off road event at aqua dulce...the R1T I drove was dead silent...not a songle squeak a rattle as it went off-road....I was going very slow ...but the suspension was being used and it was articulating ....My noise seems to originate at the front end of the vehicle....

Still love the vehicle, but we are the beta testers , those that wait may have a more enjoyable ownership experience...I am still waiting for my activity band and a service appointment ---its been over a month wait....I dont imagine many people will be so understanding and patient when tryin to get service on their premium vehicles.

OP or anyone --Please let us know what you find....I am discovering that Rivian Service teams are very nice...but lack experience and diagnostic capabilities ...we need to troubleshoot issues to help them out....

Cheers

Sponsored

thedole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Occupation
Brewmeister
I'm going to try tomorrow, but wondering if the ride height has any impact on my front end rattles?

I keep it in all-purpose 99% of the time, so I'm at the middle height when going slow. The truck drops to the low height when I'm at highway speed an I have not had the rattling at that height at high speed. So far I have learned the slower I go the more likely it is to rattle when I hit a bump or pothole. It's also easier to make the passenger front rattle than the drivers side. The slight grinding of the tires people have noted I feel at speed when turning. It's very similar to the feel of my Tacoma when in 4x4 on dry pavement. As if the one wheel isn't being allowed to rotate at a slower speed when turning. I'll report tomorrow on low ride height and slow speed.

X-ception

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Raptor
i have the same issue. Got the truck yesterday and Driver side suspension has rattles And clunks going over small bumps in the road. Something feels like it’s loose. Thinking to open a service ticket to get it looked at

VHRivian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevrolet Traverse
I hear a rattle noise on the driver side when going over bumps. Hoping to get the suspension looked at next week.
I know this is probably not the cause of any of these complaints (if everyone says suspension noise then that's clearly not the door), but in one recent review they stated that the flashlight made a rattling noise on rough roads. Same issues with the flashlight removed?

DailyR1

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure - Limestone
Occupation
Sales
Clubs

I know this is probably not the cause of any of these complaints (if everyone says suspension noise then that's clearly not the door), but in one recent review they stated that the flashlight made a rattling noise on rough roads. Same issues with the flashlight removed?
Definitely not the flashlight here. I can hear and feel the suspension bang at low speeds going over choppy (man hole covers) type bumps. At times, its real bad.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Definitely not the flashlight here. I can hear and feel the suspension bang at low speeds going over choppy (man hole covers) type bumps. At times, its real bad.
Loose subframe or something?

it’s going to be real interesting here being 8 hours and an international border away from the closest service centre….
Sponsored