Reaction score
Website
www.worldcomposting.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Subaru Ascent
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I will cut Rivian a little slack on openings in early January just because late December and early January have lots of holidays and breaks that could cause some delays/gaps in progress. But I would really like to start seeing that 2-3/week pace by now.
You are right especially if you need permits from Govt. employees as many take off the end of the year to use up their vacation days then take a week or two catching up.

I still would like to see more in the North East as the units they have and units planned are too far apart where you can make it but could be close.
Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
You are right especially if you need permits from Govt. employees as many take off the end of the year to use up their vacation days then take a week or two catching up.

I still would like to see more in the North East as the units they have and units planned are too far apart where you can make it but could be close.
I'd like to see any in the Midwest, especially the upper midwest. Absolutely no RAN chargers near NE, IA, MT, SD, ND, MN, WI. Guess there's always Michigan, the Counts favorite place to vacation.

Zorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Could be cost control. Each station costs probably $200-250k, plus rent, plus demand charges plus KWh charges, plus folks to maintain them. Could be delays getting permits, not enough people to initiate all those stations, delays getting transformers. Could be a lot of things

jayazusa

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Toyota 4Runner, Toyota Prius
Occupation
Technology

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

delays getting transformers.
This. Even Intel has been experiencing this. It's gotten a little better. At its worst, where it used to be 4 to 6 weeks it was 4 to 6 months lead time for transformers.

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
This. Even Intel has been experiencing this. It's gotten a little better. At its worst, where it used to be 4 to 6 weeks it was 4 to 6 months lead time for transformers.
Meh. Tesla doesn’t seem to have an issue getting transformers.

drivetorun

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Admittedly, sample size of 1, but there's a new Tesla supercharger site in Pacific Grove, CA that was installed in early November that hasn't been activated yet supposedly because of transformer/local utility delays.

Last edited:

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
Last I checked about a month ago it was 12-14 months to get a transformer.

KootenayEV

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Environmental Engineer
Had a Tesla site just down the road from me that took several months... no one is immune I think.

Sponsored

Zorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
I probably won't ever use this station -- wrong side of the country -- but yay... right near the RV dump spot... I guess that's an amenity of sorts?
Actually I think it's next to the Whoa Nellie Deli place which is great. It's only open from April to October though.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
OBX is definitely needed!

Headed to Sandbridge, VA this summer with the family. DCFC is lacking there as well. Throw one up that way while you are at it Rivian!

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

You have no idea how long the lead time was to get them. I'd have no problem getting transformers if I ordered the in 2022.

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT
You have no idea how long the lead time was to get them. I'd have no problem getting transformers if I ordered the in 2022.
Well good job Rivian said in late 2021 that 3600 chargers at 600 were planned by end of 2023 - so the orders could have been made years ago.
Sponsored