R2 Wish List?

JasonK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
A blind for the panoramic roof. Heck Blinds for the side windows seems very doable if they put the blind in the door or wall panel that way it would be hidden and could retract out of the way. This would be extremely handy in the summer months to keep the car from turning into an oven.
Sponsored

Dohmar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Skyline R32 GTR, Subaru Forester Turbo SH9
Occupation
IT Professional
Btw I found a vid to demonstrate what I think Rivian should do with the spare tyre - make it a drawer instead of underneath the trunk floor (since you'd have to empty the trunk to get to it) and its not bolted to the underside (which is a pain to get tyres on and off plus ruins aerodynamics)...

https://dunnandwatson.com.au/shop/canopies-trays/tray-accessories/under-tray-ute-drawer/

a 900mm deep drawer could be modified to fit, provided the r2 bumper can accomodate 12" of height

What I'm curious about is how much of that trim underneath the trunk floor gives up space. a 32" spare might even fit...

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
analog compass

prominent odometer and trip meter,

Dohmar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
analog compass

prominent odometer and trip meter,
Would definately love an analog compass plus one of those bubble roll axis balls. Probably though, something like that could be made as an aftermarket accessory that attaches.... somewhere... ?
Odo and trip meter should be easily visible on the drivers screen, I agree

Sponsored

Dohmar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
Btw I found a vid to demonstrate what I think Rivian should do with the spare tyre - make it a drawer instead of underneath the trunk floor (since you'd have to empty the trunk to get to it) and its not bolted to the underside (which is a pain to get tyres on and off plus ruins aerodynamics)...

https://dunnandwatson.com.au/shop/canopies-trays/tray-accessories/under-tray-ute-drawer/

a 900mm deep drawer could be modified to fit, provided the r2 bumper can accomodate 12" of height

What I'm curious about is how much of that trim underneath the trunk floor gives up space. a 32" spare might even fit...
Can it fit I wonder? Forgive my paint skills but I'm on my second bourbon.
Specs that the rim is 275/50/r21 which makes it a 32" diameter wheel with 275mm width :p
I figure its a good idea to give space for those who want the space, so add another inch on the 275mm to make it 300mm/12"/1 foot deep
Also if the full width of the space between the wheel wells can be used up until the bumper and to the drive motors, then there could also be space for a bottle jack, a 120v/240v air compressor, tyre repair kit, tyre iron and a crossbar/wrench doohickey (I keep a brushless dc driver for that side of things but a basic kit should be available if required)

Rivian R1T R1S R2 Wish List? canitfit

And if you dont want to use it to store a full sized spare, you can use it as a pull out bench or a place to keep the beers on ice. The true benefit for offroaders is the accessibility of the spare, allowing it to not be stored on roofracks and impacting efficiency, nor requiring it to be accessed from the trunk by removing the false floor. Put a true floor in to the trunk instead and perhaps then build camper setups, kitchens and such - but the drawer can still be used for whatever. A pantry even... or maybe *gasp* a place for an R2 camp kitchen for those that dont needs the spare

** Also makes it heaps easy to lift the tyres in and out at a spine friendly height
*** RJ can buy this idea off me patent free if he lets me be the first owner of an R2 in australia heheh. Just kidding, ideas are free, hard work is not!

Last edited:

T-Rex06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 e-tron S, '20 718 GT4, '17 Macan GTS
It's not going to happen but I'd love to be able to configure the car without the panoramic glass roof.

Dohmar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
It's not going to happen but I'd love to be able to configure the car without the panoramic glass roof.
I agree, this would be my preferred option - I would hope that it'd be cheaper than the glass roof too
Sponsored