Sponsored

R1T Orders: Dec '22 - Jan '23 -- Status Room

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Yep, no dice. Figured it couldn’t hurt to ask.

Almost caved and picked a white truck from the shop yesterday. Glad I didn’t because the 8-step for my original config opened up this morning. So I am on to the next phase of the waiting game.
Congrats to those getting 8 steps and one step closer!
Sponsored

Last edited:

HumanGenome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
After getting our R1S early (purchased in private market) with forest edge interior I am having major fomo over our truck having white interior.. has anyone "undone" a shop access truck and if so was it messy or forfeiting of your deposit? We have the federal tax lock signed last year on that rez..

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
After getting our R1S early (purchased in private market) with forest edge interior I am having major fomo over our truck having white interior.. has anyone "undone" a shop access truck and if so was it messy or forfeiting of your deposit? We have the federal tax lock signed last year on that rez..
I think there’s been multiple threads discussing that binding purchase agreement will be unlikely to allow you (on its own) to obtain the fed tax credit. You would have to abide by the current msrp cap of $80k and income limits.

HumanGenome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Where? That is news to me, I heard the recent (failed) motion to retroactively apply this year to last year but nothing concrete..

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T

Sponsored

HumanGenome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Your CPA would be the one to give you the green light. But here’s just one thread where this has been discussed, feel free to peruse.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/2022-vs-2023-tax-credit…again.10487/
I read the entire thread. I don't know where you are drawing the conclusion that the federal tax credit does not apply to folks who signed the agreement Rivian sent in August 2022. The current guidance is unchanged and folks in my same position would be entitled to the $7,500 tax credit in 2023 for the binding purchase agreement signed before the rule change in August 2022.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I read the entire thread. I don't know where you are drawing the conclusion that the federal tax credit does not apply to folks who signed the agreement Rivian sent in August 2022. The current guidance is unchanged and folks in my same position would be entitled to the $7,500 tax credit in 2023 for the binding purchase agreement signed before the rule change in August 2022.
Mention of signing a BPA has since been removed from irs/gov. My understanding.

https://afdc.energy.gov/laws/electric-vehicles-for-tax-credit

HumanGenome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
This is for discussion of 2022 rules and they haven't written up guidance for 2023 yet in the same context. As another poster pointed out, this is guidance, not law, and is intended to be for year in question (2022) But thanks for looking out, obviously it is a consideration. It's all confusing right now but clearly seems to me that there is some info needed for 2023 on the IRS website as soon as possible as people like me are wary based on things like this.

Alchemy8279

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Mazda MX-5
Occupation
Middle Management
Well, I guess I need to bow out of this thread and join an April-May thread. R1T, 9/1/2021 order, large pack. Assigned guide when given shop access. Was told second week of January that my order would come up “any day now”. I guess technically April to May is any day but not my interpretation of that saying.

My original window was Q4 2022, moved to D-J and now this. About as dissatisfied as I have been in a customer experience in a long time, and that includes another new car and boat purchase dealing with dealers.

I tell my employees to under-promise and over-perform, Rivian is a classic case of the opposite.

Guess I can enjoy looking at my $3,000 worth of accessories sitting in the garage for a few more months while I watch people who ordered the same configurations six months after me take delivery.

Nice salt to the loss of $7500 rebate wound from the end of last year.

Thanks Rivian

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Well, I guess I need to bow out of this thread and join an April-May thread. R1T, 9/1/2021 order, large pack. Assigned guide when given shop access. Was told second week of January that my order would come up “any day now”. I guess technically April to May is any day but not my interpretation of that saying.

My original window was Q4 2022, moved to D-J and now this. About as dissatisfied as I have been in a customer experience in a long time, and that includes another new car and boat purchase dealing with dealers.

I tell my employees to under-promise and over-perform, Rivian is a classic case of the opposite.

Guess I can enjoy looking at my $3,000 worth of accessories sitting in the garage for a few more months while I watch people who ordered the same configurations six months after me take delivery.

Nice salt to the loss of $7500 rebate wound from the end of last year.

Thanks Rivian
That sucks. Is it because you’re not close to a service center? I assume you asked why? Any reason you’re resisting getting a shop truck if you have access?

Sponsored

Alchemy8279

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Mazda MX-5
Occupation
Middle Management
That sucks. Is it because you’re not close to a service center? I assume you asked why? Any reason you’re resisting getting a shop truck if you have access?
Should be in range of Nashville. I see them in towns adjacent to me now that Nashville is open. I need AT and RUS. I run Moab and Western CO and trails in my area. I need those two items and a black interior. Those criteria have been very limited in the shop I see. OK with several colors so I hope I can lock one down before I lose shop access.

Wasn’t that motivated to compromise since I was supposed to be a few weeks away. Different story now. Will probably lose shop access tomorrow.

SC was the excuse in the email I just got!

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Should be in range of Nashville. I see them in towns adjacent to me now that Nashville is open. I need AT and RUS. I run Moab and Western CO and trails in my area. I need those two items and a black interior. Those criteria have been very limited in the shop I see. OK with several colors so I hope I can lock one down before I lose shop access.

Wasn’t that motivated to compromise since I was supposed to be a few weeks away. Different story now. Will probably lose shop access tomorrow.

SC was the excuse in the email I just got!
Got it. Makes sense when you have specific needs. Good luck, I hope you get into a truck soon!

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
6/8 steps completed. Just playing the waiting game. Truck is en route to Denver service center, guide says he can see more specifics later this week. Should be inside of a few weeks or hopefully days from delivery depending on how quickly they turn around PDI. Will miss my Dec/Jan window but early February won't be too bad.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
6/8 steps completed. Just playing the waiting game. Truck is en route to Denver service center, guide says he can see more specifics later this week. Should be inside of a few weeks or hopefully days from delivery depending on how quickly they turn around PDI. Will miss my Dec/Jan window but early February won't be too bad.
Does your window say anything different once 8 steps start. Or just processing?

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T