Sponsored

R1T Orders: Dec '22 - Jan '23 -- Status Room

ansky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS / T120 Black Scrambler
It shouldn’t take a month to ship a truck from Normal to Portland. I’m starting to get concerned something may have happened to it in transit.
Your timing is about the same as mine - got my steps on 12/27 - and the vehicle spent 2+ of the 4 weeks since, “finishing up at the factory” per my guide. Delivery scheduling opened up yesterday for me. You’re probably very close
Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Still no 8 steps here! Waiting continues.

Last edited:

HumanGenome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Well after I got shop access yesterday, I found the exact config of ours (minus factory xpel, spare tire, and manual cover) and pulled the trigger, 8 steps opened up. It's crazy how quickly they are moving inventory through shop, every few hours totally different R1Ts in there, mostly black and white combinations though. Glad to have found a Limestone/Ocean Coast!

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T
Well after I got shop access yesterday, I found the exact config of ours (minus factory xpel, spare tire, and manual cover) and pulled the trigger, 8 steps opened up. It's crazy how quickly they are moving inventory through shop, every few hours totally different R1Ts in there, mostly black and white combinations though. Glad to have found a Limestone/Ocean Coast!
Congrats! I saw that truck today and my heart skipped a beat. Almost perfect... I am set on a BM interior though. Oh well, back to obsessively scrolling the shop...

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
I wonder if shop access would have been better for me. 1/22 preorder, 11/11 confirmed configuration guide assigned, 8 steps and vin 12/28, and 6 of the 8 steps have been done since early January. Still waiting on schedule delivery to unlock. It shouldn’t take a month to ship a truck from Normal to Portland. I’m starting to get concerned something may have happened to it in transit.
I got my VIN and 8 steps just before you, also in PDX, and mine was in transit for 3 weeks. It arrived at the SC on Thursday or Friday, per my guide, and the delivery was just unlocked today at 4:13 PM. I didn’t get a phone call or text from my guide or the SC, it was just an email letting me know. PDX still requires home delivery (or at least no pickup from the SC) and it let me pick Friday, so 3 days out. Hopefully you hear something in the near future as well!

Sponsored

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I got my VIN and 8 steps just before you, also in PDX, and mine was in transit for 3 weeks. It arrived at the SC on Thursday or Friday, per my guide, and the delivery was just unlocked today at 4:13 PM. I didn’t get a phone call or text from my guide or the SC, it was just an email letting me know. PDX still requires home delivery (or at least no pickup from the SC) and it let me pick Friday, so 3 days out. Hopefully you hear something in the near future as well!
Adding my similar case on to this; 8 steps + VIN on 12/29, still waiting on delivery window to open. My wall charger shipped yesterday, so expecting the car should be at or very close to the PDX SC for QC in the coming days.

ansky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS / T120 Black Scrambler
Relatively successful pickup day today. Denver SC was really great and got me in and out quick.

one big issue popped up immediately as I left the SC which was I got an error that all wheel drive was unavailable and to service soon. I ran an errand in turtle mode and tried a hard reset but no luck so I went back to the SC and they were immediate about pulling it into the service bay, diagnosing and fixing the problem (faulty connector) in about 20 mins and I was on my way.

fit an finish seems great. Haven’t had a chance to inspect paint and panels in detail yet but nothing stands out so far.

Hankenstein

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Prius, 2023 R1T
Clubs

I think I did the exact same thing Tuesday, the only difference for me was bright wheels

Alchemy8279

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Mazda MX-5
Occupation
Middle Management
Congrats! I saw that truck today and my heart skipped a beat. Almost perfect... I am set on a BM interior though. Oh well, back to obsessively scrolling the shop...
Your exact configuration, plus underbody shield, is listed in my version of the shop right now.

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Your exact configuration, plus underbody shield, is listed in my version of the shop right now.
Oooh! Thanks for the heads up. Not showing in my shop. I'll try pinging my guide to see if it can be transferred over.

Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Oooh! Thanks for the heads up. Not showing in my shop. I'll try pinging my guide to see if it can be transferred over.
I tried asking for this from a different shop once and guide said not possible, but YMMV.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Such a stock reply. I am so tired of these non-helpful replies! Trying to get an update on my delivery:

"Your Rivian is still en route to the Service Center where it'll be prepared for delivery. Usually, from here, delivery is in a few weeks or sooner. As we get closer to delivery, our team will review and approve the uploaded documents."

EastPondR1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escalade and Bmw 550
Occupation
Healthcare executive
Clubs

Such a stock reply. I am so tired of these non-helpful replies! Trying to get an update on my delivery:

"Your Rivian is still en route to the Service Center where it'll be prepared for delivery. Usually, from here, delivery is in a few weeks or sooner. As we get closer to delivery, our team will review and approve the uploaded documents."
hang in there. I had similar experience once I got through all the steps…it took 3 weeks to deliver. It’s totally worth the wait. I have been blown away from..the beginning with delivery experience, follow up from my guide and service center and clearly the driving experience. And a fun perk has been the attention the truck gets from everyone. Teenagers up to die hard old time motor-heads. Especially when you take them for a ride and launch the truck. So fun. Soon enough you will have your ride and be on the other side…and when you look in the rear view mirror you will be smiling a lot!! Especially when merging on The highway hahah. Hang in there!! .

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
hang in there. I had similar experience once I got through all the steps…it took 3 weeks to deliver. It’s totally worth the wait. I have been blown away from..the beginning with delivery experience, follow up from my guide and service center and clearly the driving experience. And a fun perk has been the attention the truck gets from everyone. Teenagers up to die hard old time motor-heads. Especially when you take them for a ride and launch the truck. So fun. Soon enough you will have your ride and be on the other side…and when you look in the rear view mirror you will be smiling a lot!! Especially when merging on The highway hahah. Hang in there!! .
It would just be nice to get a “real” answer instead of a no-information canned reply. I’d be happier with “you know what, I have no freaking clue where your truck is but I’m trying to get more information.” Surely they can provide something. I don’t need real time UPS style tracking, but telling me a bit more information would be helpful.

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I tried asking for this from a different shop once and guide said not possible, but YMMV.
Yep, no dice. Figured it couldn’t hurt to ask.

Almost caved and picked a white truck from the shop yesterday. Glad I didn’t because the 8-step for my original config opened up this morning. So I am on to the next phase of the waiting game.
Sponsored