Sponsored

R1T and Mountain Biking

Taco Corp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

The prototype tailgate pad for a single bike, I'm absolutely in on. For me the old Thule works great, plenty of space between the bed and rack. Nice desert ride today.........The eMTB is new to me, what the heck, e truck, eMTB....regular ride Transition Spur (analog ;)..

IMG20220429190052.jpg

IMG20220429164944.jpg
I've got that same rack and unfortunately a new chip in the tailgate paint after my kid wasn't really paying attention and opened it up... Have since purchased the Race Face T2 to use for day to day. Lots of bike hauling for summer camps this month.
Sponsored

JoulesVerne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE, 2022 Ioniq 5 SEL
Any chance you could grab a side-profile pic with the hitch mount & rakattach stowed? I'm trying to get a sense for how much length it adds to the vehicle.
Easier to measure. The hitch receiver of the RakAttach protrudes 8" beyond the rear bumper.

sac602

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Lexus NX Hybrid
Clubs

Another post has a rakattach used. He said, without a bike rack attached, the tailgate does not hit rakattach when opened or closed. He was using large rakattach.

MrjonesPV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self-employed
Another post has a rakattach used. He said, without a bike rack attached, the tailgate does not hit rakattach when opened or closed. He was using large rakattach.
Easier to measure. The hitch receiver of the RakAttach protrudes 8" beyond the rear bumper.
Does an empty RackAttach set off the rear proximity alarm when backing up..?

Sponsored

ArWonTee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Roadshower

I’m looking at adding a roadshower when I get my truck. I ride a lot of park and would like to have more water options at the lot. Has anyone put one of these on their roof? Do the Rivian Yak racks work with pretty much anything Yakima without issue? Also, I ordered a gear shuttle. Has anyone made any aftermarket mounts for the shuttle? I was thinking about something like a rack system for the shuttle to add work stands and a vice.

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2002 Audi B5 S4 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Operations at Vermont Compost Company
Rivian R1T R1S R1T and Mountain Biking 8D56018A-B14A-42A9-9656-1074AED2F64E

This combo has been great so far (Dakine DLX that used to be on my Tacoma). I love the gear tunnel for my helmet, knee pads, tools, etc, and it’s awesome as a bench to sit on while I put my knee pads on.

And when you forget your knee pads there’s even a first aid kit! (I actually drove to a store to grab a hydrocoloidal bandage, but if I wasn’t near a town I would have been set).

Rivian R1T R1S R1T and Mountain Biking DD8F6F7D-842A-4ED7-A3B9-77CFFF0F12E7

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
8D56018A-B14A-42A9-9656-1074AED2F64E.jpeg

This combo has been great so far (Dakine DLX that used to be on my Tacoma). I love the gear tunnel for my helmet, knee pads, tools, etc, and it’s awesome as a bench to sit on while I put my knee pads on.

And when you forget your knee pads there’s even a first aid kit! (I actually drove to a store to grab a hydrocoloidal bandage, but if I wasn’t near a town I would have been set).

DD8F6F7D-842A-4ED7-A3B9-77CFFF0F12E7.jpeg
"'Tis but a flesh wound"

Sponsored

prestapost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM 1500, 2022 Rivian R1T
This looks fantastic. It does appear to more or less completely cover the brake lights though, which makes me pretty darn nervous 😬
There's another brake light on the roof line. We used it as a support vehicle for a 200mi ride between Seattle and Portland in heavy traffic with a bike or two on the hitch for most of it... no issues, no close calls. I think between both side lights and the top brake light, it's OK.

prestapost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM 1500, 2022 Rivian R1T
Don't need to open the tailgate either, as most of the bed is reachable from the ground, no?
I normally get into the bed for the Rivian via the gear tunnel step, even if there isn't a hitch rack installed... so no issue there.

I definitely would vote for better protection against accidentally opening the tailgate (like if you meant to push the tonneau cover button). I also wish you could switch the rear backup camera to use the upper one when a rack is installed. The Rivian behavior with a hitch rack installed is so annoying, I am likely going to switch to rails in the bed with fork mounts for most excursions.

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
The prototype tailgate pad for a single bike, I'm absolutely in on. For me the old Thule works great, plenty of space between the bed and rack. Nice desert ride today.........The eMTB is new to me, what the heck, e truck, eMTB....regular ride Transition Spur (analog ;)..

IMG20220429190052.jpg

IMG20220429164944.jpg
just bought my wife the Rise H15! Fantastic bike.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
There's another brake light on the roof line. We used it as a support vehicle for a 200mi ride between Seattle and Portland in heavy traffic with a bike or two on the hitch for most of it... no issues, no close calls. I think between both side lights and the top brake light, it's OK.
Yeah, my issue is my RTTT blocks the upper light and so I don’t want to roll the dice on partially obscured taillights. I wound up going with a light bar on a 1-UP hitch rack that plugs into the trailer plug; when the RTT is not mounted I can just move the rack to the bed crossbars.
Sponsored