First Name
Westly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Don’t worry about it sweetheart
The real deal breaker for me will be the "fixed" rear window.

Paying a lot of money and not being able to remotely open the rear window by the bed just does not work.

You can slide things through but also be able to get some ventilation.

I really want to get this vehicle but, yes, a little thing like that would really need to be explained as to why it cannot be done.
Totally agree, (Although not a deal breaker for me) I’m sure a sliding rear window can be added via 3rd party at some point.

But agree that with such a small bed it’s almost always necessary to have a back window to pass a 2x4” or a rug or something through.
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Why not build the vehicles with 2 charging ports, one on each side of the front so the driver is set no matter where they park the vehicle?

Alan
Missoula
That's what I want, or a choice. My existing charger setup works better for passenger side. Having both sides is better for public CCS charging locations.

DTM

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17Bolt, '14 Porsche Cayenne, '04 Dodge {Cummins}
Occupation
Retired.
I haven't read through all the 'wants' yet but....I want sun visor that slide to block the sun from next to my head & behind on the side...i.e.-sliding visor. That is the biggest disappointment I have with my Cayenne & Cayman. Sun visor needs to block side window sun from cooking side of my head.

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I have a couple of wants/wishes:

1.) Sentry mode a la Tesla to use the existing cameras on the Rivian as dash cams to record everything while driving and monitor & record activity around the vehicle when parked.
2.) Lockable, secure storage compartment for the center console. Aftermarket suppliers might fill this niche eventually, but it would be nice to have it available as a factory installed option.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Frunk interior power outlet for camping fridge/freezer unit
Frunk drain plug(s) - if not already equipped
Frunk potable water tank with pump/shower hose-head (heated)

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Frunk interior power outlet for camping fridge/freezer unit
Frunk drain plug(s) - if not already equipped
Frunk potable water tank with pump/shower hose-head (heated)
Cool ideas & I definitely plan on putting my ARB fridge in the frunk!

Sponsored

canoemonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery Sport
Occupation
Nature-Based Solutions Project Developer
Hey Folks. First post!
Understanding there will be adaptable roof rack configurations, I would love to see an option for an extendable rear rack that extends from the back or mid of the bed frame to the height of a front rack on top of the cab to carry canoes and kayaks. There are aftermarket solution to this for existing pick-up but would love it if could be easily integrated and seamlessly integrate with the accessory package on the Rivian. Something to a similar a hybrid of the below.

If it could telescope from the bed frame and breakaway in the middle somehow (in a nice and substantial way) so that it could hide away, that would be amazing. I will have canoes on this R1T either way! I'm sure Rivian can innovate;)

Rivian R1T R1S R1T accessories & options wish list. 1596578169081

Rivian R1T R1S R1T accessories & options wish list. 1596577908998

Last edited:

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
@canoemonkey, I wasn't aware that a trailer-hitch rack like that existed! Cool! Have you used one yourself? Does the leverage from the height cause any problems or move around a lot from side to side?

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
The majority of my Rivian R1T hopes and wishes are basic ones.

1. Comfortable seats (AC seats big bonus) with thigh support
2. Good stereo
3. Wireless Android/Apple Car Play
4. Autonomous driving (of some level?)
5. HUD display
6. Good 360° camera with multiple viewing points.
7. Fold up rear seats or at least access to a flat floor in the cab
8. Customizable Digital Cluster and home screen.

*(Maybe?) 9. Center console storage upgrade option.

When I got my Models S I really didn't like the open center occupant space in front and ordered the custom console to be installed even before I got my car. Looks like I wasn't alone.

Hope I can get something like that from Rivian directly. After all they did hire Alex Archer from GM who was involved in the new motorized center stack coming out with the new 2021 Tahoe and Yukon.

I'm not sure that it's absolutely necessary, but just want more closed storage up front.

canoemonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery Sport
Occupation
@canoemonkey, I wasn't aware that a trailer-hitch rack like that existed! Cool! Have you used one yourself? Does the leverage from the height cause any problems or move around a lot from side to side?
Hey @aApline, I don't have a pickup myself but have used one with a friend on his truck - 6 hr drive with 2 x 16.5 ft canoes both on highways (fast) and dirt roads (bouncy) - and performed well, no material movement, maybe a little bit of noise but that's normal. You are kind of locked in to retrieving contents from the bed without the tailgate down (which is fine for tripping gear), unless you get one that can swing down or away but I imagine in that case you would be increasing the opportunity for movement when driving.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T accessories & options wish list. 1596582955121

canoemonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery Sport
Occupation
On the comfortable seats front. I've ridden passenger in the Model 3 and really really didn't appreciate the non-adjustable headrests. I don't think I would have been comfortable in the car for more than 30 minutes, they were too forward and hit me at the wrong spot (I'm 6'1, not that uncommon of a height), forcing me to hunch over. I was keen on a Model 3 at the time and it was a full deal breaker, incredibly simple feature but important. The dealer said it was to save costs but I'm sure they could have sacrificed something else.
Sponsored