Sponsored

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
The Cooper AT3's in OEM 20 sizes are 11lbs more each!! However, they have a much higher tire operating pressure range than the Scorpions. Scorpions 50PSI and the Coopers can be run up to 80PSI.

I did two runs on my 55 mile freeway test track (some grades and flats) and found that I can gain back my lost range on the Coopers by running them at 65psi, which is where I have been at for two-months. Far more durable tire over OEM. More to come...
Photos?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The Cooper AT3's in OEM 20 sizes are 11lbs more each!! However, they have a much higher tire operating pressure range than the Scorpions. Scorpions 50PSI and the Coopers can be run up to 80PSI.

I did two runs on my 55 mile freeway test track (some grades and flats) and found that I can gain back my lost range on the Coopers by running them at 65psi, which is where I have been at for two-months. Far more durable tire over OEM. More to come...
You sure they weigh that much more? Aren't the OEM tires 46 or 48 lbs? My Nokian LT3s are 54 lbs.

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

You sure they weigh that much more? Aren't the OEM tires 46 or 48 lbs? My Nokian LT3s are 54 lbs.
Positive. I weighed them personally. I have another thread somewhere showing the weights on a digital scale. Sidewall rubber on the Scorpion EV's are THIN.....

Armando

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Tundra, MBZ GLE AMG 53, 66 Mustang Conv
Occupation
Winery owner
Wore out 22” Pirelli’s in 11,000 miles. Does anyone know what other 22” tires are available that will work with the R1T?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Bpaulin6

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Product Development
all this wheel talk made me start developing a new 20" wheel for Rivians! Excited to share more info soon

R1S_HYS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

How to make sure there is enough space for calipers, after wheel maker agrees to build 48 offset, 9 width and 22 diameter?

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

How to make sure there is enough space for calipers, after wheel maker agrees to build 48 offset, 9 width and 22 diameter?
If a manufacturer is going to build a custom wheel with all the correct dimensions from a design onwards standpoint, then they need to do the measurements on your vehicle directly.

R1S_HYS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Sponsored

Bpaulin6

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Product Development

ForeverOnTheWaitlist

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, CRV
@Mark_AZR1T
Among the 20 OEM wheels, aside from cosmetics, any have a weight or construction advantage ? There was some back and forth on the previous page over the brights/darks being a lower grade of forging. Not sure the weight differences.

If you're aiming closer to ~2500/4 wheels. Any other recommendations ?

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

@Mark_AZR1T
Among the 20 OEM wheels, aside from cosmetics, any have a weight or construction advantage ? There was some back and forth on the previous page over the brights/darks being a lower grade of forging. Not sure the weight differences.

If you're aiming closer to ~2500/4 wheels. Any other recommendations ?
There aren't any custom wheels that are hubcentric (no adapters) at your price point that actually have the correct specifications. I imagine there will be some in the coming weeks and months that bridge that gap.

The only forged wheels are the 20" wheels Rivian uses on the AT set-up.

graphex

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
So I worked with Discount Tire to find a spare (the day before Rivian made the full size spares available) and we found this brand new wheel. Unsure if it would actually fit we tried it on a front wheel and there were no clearance issues. I’m nowhere near a wheel expert but it seems like a pretty good wheel and looks nice on the truck. I only got it as a spare but might consider getting 3 more for a full second set to have around for an alternate tire (put the exact 20” scorpions as my other tires to start).

Any thoughts or concerns from those of you out there that might know a thing or two about wheels?

Rivian R1T R1S R1T 20" AT Wheel Weight, Specs, Offset, Bolt Pattern, Construction IMG_5912

Rivian R1T R1S R1T 20" AT Wheel Weight, Specs, Offset, Bolt Pattern, Construction IMG_5911

Rivian R1T R1S R1T 20" AT Wheel Weight, Specs, Offset, Bolt Pattern, Construction IMG_5910

Rivian R1T R1S R1T 20" AT Wheel Weight, Specs, Offset, Bolt Pattern, Construction IMG_5907