Sponsored

R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023)

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Great info. I assume all exterior colors are rolling off the line not being batched but did you get a look at the interiors?

It seems like nothing OC is coming out of the S assembly line.
No batching on exterior either. Most I saw was 2 colors in a row on the lines.
Sponsored

rivianr1s_2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I just Picked my R1S from the Factory on Thursday morning (1/26) I can confirm that they are not currently batching anything. They had all colors and interiors coming down the lines in random order, including R1S and R1T. Standing on the line where the door assembly is completed I saw all three colors within 6 doors. I saw R1S and R1Ts roll off the line or just have come off the line with all three interiors.
Awesomeee why did u decide to pick it up from the factory?? Are you driving back allll the way to California?

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

With so many possible configurations (10 paints, 5 interiors, 6 wheels, etc.) Rivian's ability to batch must be very limited. When I finally get to tour the factory, I'll ask what their average batch size is.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Awesomeee why did u decide to pick it up from the factory?? Are you driving back allll the way to California?
I will be, I wanted to tour the factory, apparently though Iā€™m the last person from CA that will be able to do that. Something about the two DMVs not having an agreement.

I am driving back, drove to Boston yesterday, have 1100 miles on it already. Heading to the Florida panhandle next week before heading west.

One note on the EA chargers, the very first charger I connected to did not communicate but I had never used my EA account, charged 7 times after that on 159 and 350 chargers not a single issue. Was in the low to mid 20s first half of the trip, never saw it over 35 degrees, was able to average just over 2 miles beer kWh for the trip in conserve.

Driver plus worked 90% of the time from IL to MA on all of the highways. Iā€™ll be close 2 5k miles when I get home, Iā€™ll write up my experience, so far almost all positive for me.

I know, pictures or it didnā€™t happenā€¦šŸ˜Ž

Rivian R1T R1S R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023) 2C9AF664-5FF4-4CF0-A063-33264FDBB2BE
Rivian R1T R1S R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023) 9069C445-821B-422C-929D-C6813A454AAB

rivianr1s_2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I will be, I wanted to tour the factory, apparently though Iā€™m the last person from CA that will be able to do that. Something about the two DMVs not having an agreement.

I am driving back, drove to Boston yesterday, have 1100 miles on it already. Heading to the Florida panhandle next week before heading west.

One note on the EA chargers, the very first charger I connected to did not communicate but I had never used my EA account, charged 7 times after that on 159 and 350 chargers not a single issue. Was in the low to mid 20s first half of the trip, never saw it over 35 degrees, was able to average just over 2 miles beer kWh for the trip in conserve.

Driver plus worked 90% of the time from IL to MA on all of the highways. Iā€™ll be close 2 5k miles when I get home, Iā€™ll write up my experience, so far almost all positive for me.

I know, pictures or it didnā€™t happenā€¦šŸ˜Ž

2C9AF664-5FF4-4CF0-A063-33264FDBB2BE.jpeg
9069C445-821B-422C-929D-C6813A454AAB.jpeg
The vehicle looks beautiful!! Canā€™t wait to get hold of mine, guide says itā€™s still in transit to Costa Mesa!! Pheww the wait is nerve wrecking.
Hope you have a great trip back and enjoy your drive!!

Sponsored

Texasag05

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-250 King Ranch, 2022 Bronco OB Sasquatch
Occupation
EVP, paving highways to drive these awesome vehicles
Well Jan 11, 8 steps opened a few days after confirming order. Charger arrived Jan 17. And now I am scheduled to take delivery at Austin SC on Jan 31st. I guess they are happy to beat their estimate by one day. Iā€™m excited to see it finally. Pictures to follow.

jtshaw

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, LE R1S
Occupation
Engineering VP
Late afternoon today my Rivian Blue R1S came home. I donā€™t have a lot of photos yet because it was dark, but so far I love it!

Rivian R1T R1S R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023) D6342FFC-034D-402C-9DC6-708C6A32C29A

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Late afternoon today my Rivian Blue R1S came home. I donā€™t have a lot of photos yet because it was dark, but so far I love it!

D6342FFC-034D-402C-9DC6-708C6A32C29A.jpeg
Woohoo! I picked mine up yesterday as well. Only had it for two hours as I dropped it off for PPF and ceramic coating.

Man it is awesome - driver plus in some heavy LIE (Long Island Expressway, often called the Long Island Distressway) traffic just made me smile.

Conserve made me try to max miles and still had punch to 'beat' anything I could see; sport /stiff made me want to drive, well let's say aggressively.

No wind noise at speed. Soft on Brooklyn bumps (about 2 miles on pothole roads getting to LIE).

Will probably write up when I get it back. After getting it back taking it to Vermont about 12 hours after receipt, next Saturday. We'll see how high speed charging goes : )

Rivian R1T R1S R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023) IMG_4841.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023) IMG_4845.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023) IMG_4836.JPG

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Sponsored

CoachBatch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

8 steps opened today after I found a close match to my config. Pulled the trigger on FE over OC.

Does anyone with shop delivery timeline have details on how long it typically takes?!?

CoachBatch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

8 steps opened today after I found a close match to my config. Pulled the trigger on FE over OC.

Does anyone with shop delivery timeline have details on how long it typically takes?!?
Update captured in image below

Rivian R1T R1S R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023) Screenshot_20230130-164717

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s

I was a precursor to R1s shop. It was three weeks but 2 was train from Normal to Brooklyn. I am guessing you will be for weeks for extra time to NC . . . .

Rgrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Was Jan/Feb, got R1S Shop access last Friday, decided to take LG/BM. Turns out the vehicle is Venice Beach. (No, not demo.) So they just have to truck it up here to Bay area. Wouldn't let me fly down to get it. :confused:

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Still nothing in the R1S shop on my end. I didn't stay up until midnight to check though.
Sponsored