Sponsored

R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023)

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

- 1.5 hrs from Irvine, CA
- 1/6 Configuration confirmed
- 1/9 Guide Intro call
- 1/10 8 steps VIN 33**
- 1/12 Rivian Charger arrived
- 1/31 Home Delivery scheduled for 2/7 (instead of picking up this week)
Sponsored

Wallace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Looks like we're on the same schedule. here's mine

Located SoCal
8/2019 pre-order
1/11 confirm configuration
1/11 Guide intro
1/12 8 steps and VIN
1/17 charger arrived
pickup tomorrow!

VHRivian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevrolet Traverse
Over in the thread for the earliest R1S Shop invites, OC is in the signature for most of the people who said they got Shop access. Coincidence?
Kind of makes sense. The people with FE or BM configured with early pre-orders have already been getting vehicles the normal way. The Shop would end up being heavily tilted toward the early orders with OC since there is no R1S that matches their configuration to actually sell them.

I am going to roll the dice and wait for OC.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
We have a lot of threads open discussing delivery times but I wanted to find this subset of folks following this thread.

My 8 Steps just opened up!
2023 Model year per VIN
Adv Trim
Ready_for_Fulfillment
1,187 patient days from my preorder date to my 8 steps opening up.

grantsi

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, Porsche Cayenne
Home delivery set for this saturday...I had originally requested a factory pick-up...was told it wasn't possible and i'd pick up by the united center...and then i got a note saying they didn't have the right licenses to allow me to pick up at the service center so they would delivery ( i'm about 3 miles from the SC ) - kids have asked about the rivian for 3 years so we aren't telling them until it magically appears - very exciting times.

Sponsored

Tzadik_nistar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser & 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Finance
I believe you will be playing an April fools day joke on someone while driving your new truck. I’ll remind you that I said that!!!!!
My stock picks aren’t wrong either!!!

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

i got a note saying they didn't have the right licenses to allow me to pick up at the [Chicago] service center
I wonder what licenses those are. This might help explain why Illinois deliveries have been lagging other states that have Service Centers.

@grantsi you're saying Chicago area residents aren't allowed to take delivery at the Normal factory. And Chicago area residents aren't allowed to take delivery at the Chicago SC. Home delivery is the only choice??? OK, how many people might this affect? Well, 3% of the US population live in Chicago or a Chicago suburb.

grantsi

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, Porsche Cayenne
the first time I spoke to my guide I said we would prefer factory pick up if possible…that ask was “noted”

when the 8-step started I was told pick up was at the service center which is only about 3 miles from home

yesterday when pick up was scheduled a new person texted me and told me home delivery was the only option. The exact words used are; “we are not zoned by the city for anyone to take delivery”. What that means, I don’t know…really wanted pick up day to be a bit more of event but ultimately it wasn’t a big deal. It is intriguing that the beautiful service space can’t accommodate deliveries…that’s not the fault of rivian but Chicago thst goes out of its way to be difficult to do business with

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Mine's been at the service center since 1/23, they said hopefully delivery today, but just heard they haven't started inspection yet. Soooooooon.

grantsi

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, Porsche Cayenne
One more sleep!!!!

Rivian R1T R1S R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023) CD035333-E2F3-46C5-AD7A-2C483CC3B5E4

Sponsored

grantsi

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, Porsche Cayenne
She arrived yesterday - whole delivery experience was flawless. The trade in process was very simple ( don’t want to think about the opportunity cost of convenience….some wholesaler will get a very nice Porsche Cayenne for an absolute steal but this was much easier ). Truck is beautiful…going to put it through its paces today.

grantsi

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, Porsche Cayenne
She arrived yesterday - whole delivery experience was flawless. The trade in process was very simple ( don’t want to think about the opportunity cost of convenience….some wholesaler will get a very nice Porsche Cayenne for an absolute steal but this was much easier ). Truck is beautiful…going to put it through its paces today.
Rivian R1T R1S R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023) 6B42936C-B189-470F-AA26-BADC39AC0C7D

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Pics or it didn't happen