Sponsored

R1S May/June Delivery Window

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
On Rivian Stories someone posted that they started the 8 steps for their R1S, so at least some are starting to ship.
I think he updated yesterday saying it was a mistake. They accidentally matched him with a T not a S. He discovered the mistake when arranging insurance; GEICO kept trying to quote him based on the VIN he was assignedā€¦which was for a truck not the SUV he has reserved.
Sponsored

GaryGR

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE Preorder
Occupation
Enterprise Data Solutions
Clubs

I think he updated yesterday saying it was a mistake. They accidentally matched him with a T not a S. He discovered the mistake when arranging insurance; GEICO kept trying to quote him based on the VIN he was assignedā€¦which was for a truck not the SUV he has reserved.
Ah, I wasn't aware of that, that's unfortunate. Hopefully they'll decide soon to start communicating again. I wouldn't be concerned about waiting, but I have a loan approval with the interest rate locked until June 10, and since rates have increased it will have financial impact if I can't initiate payment by then.

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

I'm a 12/18 order holder for an R1S LE. I was given a May/June window but still crickets, not even a guide. 2 weeks ago I was told May/June was "still on track." I reached out to CS again today, just generally asking for an update, and was told the following. This seems a little less confident than "still on track" but was also interesting that they mentioned, unprompted, that the first non-employee delivers are starting this month, which sounds like a good sign.

CS: I know our first non-employee customer R1S deliveries are going to be beginning later his month. That window is still the most accurate and up-to-date delivery information that we have. We'll be sending updated delivery windows in the next few weeks for all our preorder holders to give a refreshed look at delivery. For Guide contact, the timeline from reach out to delivery is pretty quick. It depends case by case, but in general, it looks to be about a month or so.

me: thanks - that's helpful. But right now you still think is doable? June, that is?

CS: It's possible, certainly. I'm working off the same delivery information from December, and we'll both have a better idea with these updated windows, but there's potentially still time for contact soon to have that delivery in June. Guides can reach out anytime during that window, and they'll reach out as soon as we're ready to begin that process.

MichaelD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter 4x4 camper van (170)
I expect deliveries to start after the review embargo lifts. Maybe this week for that? I hope.

Whether any May/June+ folks get guides between then and the great reshuffling, well....

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
On the earnings call today didn't they state deliveries of R1S are currently being made to customers?
Unless they are crystal clear that this means non-employee customers, this doesnā€™t mean us forum members are going to get our vehicles any time soon. Recall the 6-month period between the beginning of R1T ā€œcustomerā€ deliveries and actual non-employee customer deliveries?

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I was told adamantly that Im in the May 1 to June 1 window with a May/June delivery. Somehow since they havent done March/April Im not sure if they will be able to meet the timeline (or the fact I don't have a guide). Heres hoping to July/August.

CUBldr97

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TESLA MS85 RIVIAN reservation holder
im expecting Aug at this point... but hoping for sooner...

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation
Patient Rivian Pre-Order Holder
I'm a 12/18 order holder for an R1S LE. I was given a May/June window but still crickets, not even a guide. 2 weeks ago I was told May/June was "still on track." I reached out to CS again today, just generally asking for an update, and was told the following. This seems a little less confident than "still on track" but was also interesting that they mentioned, unprompted, that the first non-employee delivers are starting this month, which sounds like a good sign.

CS: I know our first non-employee customer R1S deliveries are going to be beginning later his month. That window is still the most accurate and up-to-date delivery information that we have. We'll be sending updated delivery windows in the next few weeks for all our preorder holders to give a refreshed look at delivery. For Guide contact, the timeline from reach out to delivery is pretty quick. It depends case by case, but in general, it looks to be about a month or so.

me: thanks - that's helpful. But right now you still think is doable? June, that is?

CS: It's possible, certainly. I'm working off the same delivery information from December, and we'll both have a better idea with these updated windows, but there's potentially still time for contact soon to have that delivery in June. Guides can reach out anytime during that window, and they'll reach out as soon as we're ready to begin that process.
Wow, that is shocking to me that you haven't been assigned a Guide when you're a 2018 pre-order. I'm 2/2019, was assigned a Guide, did sign a PBA, and just last week I went on a test drive of an R1T. I was told an April/May delivery date...but there is no way.

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Unless they are crystal clear that this means non-employee customers, this doesnā€™t mean us forum members are going to get our vehicles any time soon. Recall the 6-month period between the beginning of R1T ā€œcustomerā€ deliveries and actual non-employee customer deliveries?
See my note above from CS earlier today. Unprompted, they told me, " our first non-employee customer R1S deliveries are going to be beginning later his month."

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Wow, that is shocking to me that you haven't been assigned a Guide when you're a 2018 pre-order. I'm 2/2019, was assigned a Guide, did sign a PBA, and just last week I went on a test drive of an R1T. I was told an April/May delivery date...but there is no way.
Yeah, I don't know. I'm in Atlanta which doesn't appear to have been a 1st wave city for them the way some locations clearly have been. I was also slotted behind at least 1 other Atlanta pre-order holder that ordered after me, we speculated that it was because I had a FE interior configured.

Sponsored

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
I was told adamantly that Im in the May 1 to June 1 window with a May/June delivery. Somehow since they havent done March/April Im not sure if they will be able to meet the timeline (or the fact I don't have a guide). Heres hoping to July/August.
haven't done April/May either... my gut says a 3 month slide.

STLBlues76

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Attorney
Did you change from Ocean Coast?

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation
Did you change from Ocean Coast?
yeah, I changed to the Black. Didnā€™t want to wait until the end of the year and the black is pretty nice.

STLBlues76

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Attorney
yeah, I changed to the Black. Didnā€™t want to wait until the end of the year and the black is pretty nice.
Update that signature!

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation
See my note above from CS earlier today. Unprompted, they told me, " our first non-employee customer R1S deliveries are going to be beginning later his month."
Yes, I heard the same. Definitely some R1S activity going on! Itā€™s within reach I think.
Sponsored