First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Took delivery today of our R1S. Quick summary:
  1. Getting to the Brooklyn service center from NJ was a bitch. Don't think I ever want to do that drive again, so let's hope the Edison service center gets up and running smoothly.
  2. Sales process: The 8 steps went super smooth, getting delivery went just the same and was super quick. Having watched 100s of videos on 'How to' in the Rivian and going for a test drive 2 weeks ago, I didn't need much help. Vehicle stickers says 1/23 manufacturing date, with a 3700 VIN.
  3. Exterior condition: No issues I could fine, the paint looked perfect. My main complaint is they washed it yesterday and left it outside overnight. That area in Brooklyn has way to much dust and air pollution that the car got a quick bath once it came home. Needed it badly
  4. Interior: Not a single issue to be found. Yes the phone charger is annoying as all hell but there are solves for it, so that will get taken care of. Black Mountain interior with Dark ash wood
  5. Driving: After battling traffic for 30 minutes finally hit the highway and all I can say is wow. Handling is great, power amazing, driver+ worked well. We recently picked up a I4M50 and the R1S performance is the same and that is saying a lot.
  6. Infotainment: So here is where I get annoyed. The phone interface is from 2002, while Spotify works great just give us CarPlay/AA already. I have not heard one single good argument to keep these features from us.
  7. Garage fit: I wasn’t worried at all until i got it home. Damn that is tight but it does fit. Much bigger than I imagined.
  8. Car Wash mode: I mentioned it was dirty, so I took it to a self wash place, put it in car wash mode, left all my stuff in the car and did the quick wash. Turned around and noticed the handles were not sticking out, gently pushed and freaked out ‘Holy I am locked out’, no moron just push harder. Fun morning
All and all thrilled and excited to drive this for the foreseeable future.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Delivery today: Quick Summary 1E253426-CAFE-4584-B91A-56DE00E7F4D4
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Delivery today: Quick Summary 6CF0231C-258D-4F79-9000-357451465795
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Delivery today: Quick Summary IMG_1217
Sponsored

Last edited:

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
She's beautiful.

Questions:
  • I'm also in NJ and got matched to a VIN last week. How long did it take from your 8 steps opening up to it being ready in Brooklyn
  • My vehicle is still in Normal but they are giving me a soft delivery date of 2/22 - I think that's aggressive!
  • Last four in your VIN? I'm in the 4200 range
  • Why didn't they deliver it to your home
  • How long did you spend looking over the vehicle for panel gaps, etc

OP
OP
lefkonj

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

It took about 10 days from when they said it shipped until I had it. Got the VIN and 8 steps about a week prior to that. I think 2/22 is reasonable based on what I just experienced. The VIN is in the 3700 range and considered a 2023. I looked it over for gaps and paint damage, and ensured all the parts were there. I am not one to take out a ruler and measure, but to each his own.

With regards to home delivery I was told you must be 3-4 hours away, which it almost was today but normally shouldn't be. At home delivery is cool but it isn't scalable at all. With Rivian working on the Edition service center, hope to never make the Brooklyn trip again. Having said that I would have waited a few days if I was told 'We are delivering 7 vehicles at the Walmart in East Brunswick on Wednesday to not have to drive to Brooklyn during the week.

jclicky

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Couldn’t agree more on the infotainment choices. Rivian’s decisions here are really head-scratching to me.

I went on a rant on this well-trodden topic in a comment to a Reddit post for a new vehicle pickup, much like yours, and people were asking where they could sign the petition, lol.

Sponsored

johnking

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, R1S
She looks awesome !!!

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
It took about 10 days from when they said it shipped until I had it. Got the VIN and 8 steps about a week prior to that. I think 2/22 is reasonable based on what I just experienced. The VIN is in the 3700 range and considered a 2023. I looked it over for gaps and paint damage, and ensured all the parts were there. I am not one to take out a ruler and measure, but to each his own.

With regards to home delivery I was told you must be 3-4 hours away, which it almost was today but normally shouldn't be. At home delivery is cool but it isn't scalable at all. With Rivian working on the Edition service center, hope to never make the Brooklyn trip again. Having said that I would have waited a few days if I was told 'We are delivering 7 vehicles at the Walmart in East Brunswick on Wednesday to not have to drive to Brooklyn during the week.
Thank you...damn they are moving these off the line, over to Brooklyn and out the door quick...!

I talked to my guide today and she mentioned that the Brooklyn SC is doing home deliveries but forgot to mention the 3-4 hour radius requirement.

What interior do you have? I'm hoping my forest edge interior has the wood around the headrests...
I'm in Somerset County and definitely do not want to drive into Brooklyn...might even wait an extra 7-10 days just to get it delivered to my home. Fingers crossed.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

What is the date of manufacture on the sticker inside the door? December 2022 or January 2023.
How is the Edison center progressing - any estimates opening date?

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

They reset the R1S count for 2023, so 3,700 already for 2023 is a huge number. I took delivert a month ago and was number 220 or so.
3700 seems high if production in December was around 4000 and they are making the T too. From the delivery estimates it seems the S is in a slower ramp. I wonder if these are from December and amongst the 2000 produced but not delivered.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
3700 seems high if production in December was around 4000 and they are making the T too. From the delivery estimates it seems the S is in a slower ramp. I wonder if these are from December and amongst the 2000 produced but not delivered.
I'm pretty sure for these to be MY23 they would have to be manufactured in 2023 by law.

Reactions: Rad

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I'm pretty sure for these to be MY23 they would have to be manufactured in 2023 by law.
No, a model year 2023 can be made from January 2022. Typically you will see in the fall models for the new year. The best way to check build date (not model year) is with the sticker on the door and that gives the month and year.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
I stand corrected then! Curious to hear your mfr date.
Sponsored