- First Name
- Feb 6, 2021
- Reaction score
- New Jersey
- A7/Q3 R1S ordered
- Thread starter
Took delivery today of our R1S. Quick summary:
- Getting to the Brooklyn service center from NJ was a bitch. Don't think I ever want to do that drive again, so let's hope the Edison service center gets up and running smoothly.
- Sales process: The 8 steps went super smooth, getting delivery went just the same and was super quick. Having watched 100s of videos on 'How to' in the Rivian and going for a test drive 2 weeks ago, I didn't need much help. Vehicle stickers says 1/23 manufacturing date, with a 3700 VIN.
- Exterior condition: No issues I could fine, the paint looked perfect. My main complaint is they washed it yesterday and left it outside overnight. That area in Brooklyn has way to much dust and air pollution that the car got a quick bath once it came home. Needed it badly
- Interior: Not a single issue to be found. Yes the phone charger is annoying as all hell but there are solves for it, so that will get taken care of. Black Mountain interior with Dark ash wood
- Driving: After battling traffic for 30 minutes finally hit the highway and all I can say is wow. Handling is great, power amazing, driver+ worked well. We recently picked up a I4M50 and the R1S performance is the same and that is saying a lot.
- Infotainment: So here is where I get annoyed. The phone interface is from 2002, while Spotify works great just give us CarPlay/AA already. I have not heard one single good argument to keep these features from us.
- Garage fit: I wasn’t worried at all until i got it home. Damn that is tight but it does fit. Much bigger than I imagined.
- Car Wash mode: I mentioned it was dirty, so I took it to a self wash place, put it in car wash mode, left all my stuff in the car and did the quick wash. Turned around and noticed the handles were not sticking out, gently pushed and freaked out ‘Holy I am locked out’, no moron just push harder. Fun morning