First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
No, a model year 2023 can be made from January 2022. Typically you will see in the fall models for the new year. The best way to check build date (not model year) is with the sticker on the door and that gives the month and year.
Agree. I took delivery of a 2004 BMW 330cic in March of 2003.
Sponsored

OP
OP
lefkonj

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

I added the manufacture date of 1/23 to the original post along with my Black Mount/Dark Ash interior. No the back of headrest is black plastic not wood. Doesn’t really matter to me like the clean slate look of it actually.

Last edited:

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

The ramp is real
For the T yes based on my experience switching vehicles but if the VIN is 3700 with a January build date then that is amazing. Especially given they weee shut for a few days in early January for updates and built Ts too. They were averaging around 4000 for December. Will be interesting to hear their retainer for 2023 at the quarterly call in late February.

Sponsored

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Took delivery today of our R1S. Quick summary:
  1. Getting to the Brooklyn service center from NJ was a bitch. Don't think I ever want to do that drive again, so let's hope the Edison service center gets up and running smoothly.
  2. Sales process: The 8 steps went super smooth, getting delivery went just the same and was super quick. Having watched 100s of videos on 'How to' in the Rivian and going for a test drive 2 weeks ago, I didn't need much help. Vehicle stickers says 1/23 manufacturing date, with a 3700 VIN.
  3. Exterior condition: No issues I could fine, the paint looked perfect. My main complaint is they washed it yesterday and left it outside overnight. That area in Brooklyn has way to much dust and air pollution that the car got a quick bath once it came home. Needed it badly
  4. Interior: Not a single issue to be found. Yes the phone charger is annoying as all hell but there are solves for it, so that will get taken care of. Black Mountain interior with Dark ash wood
  5. Driving: After battling traffic for 30 minutes finally hit the highway and all I can say is wow. Handling is great, power amazing, driver+ worked well. We recently picked up a I4M50 and the R1S performance is the same and that is saying a lot.
  6. Infotainment: So here is where I get annoyed. The phone interface is from 2002, while Spotify works great just give us CarPlay/AA already. I have not heard one single good argument to keep these features from us.
  7. Garage fit: I wasn’t worried at all until i got it home. Damn that is tight but it does fit. Much bigger than I imagined.
  8. Car Wash mode: I mentioned it was dirty, so I took it to a self wash place, put it in car wash mode, left all my stuff in the car and did the quick wash. Turned around and noticed the handles were not sticking out, gently pushed and freaked out ‘Holy I am locked out’, no moron just push harder. Fun morning
All and all thrilled and excited to drive this for the foreseeable future.

1E253426-CAFE-4584-B91A-56DE00E7F4D4.jpg
6CF0231C-258D-4F79-9000-357451465795.jpg
IMG_1217.jpeg
Interesting. Mfg date 12/23 low 3000s vin. Took delivery 1/28. Yes NJ to Brooklyn is one of the worst drives in the universe. Once took me 2 hours to go like 17 miles. Two river crossings.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Took delivery today of our R1S. Quick summary:
  1. Getting to the Brooklyn service center from NJ was a bitch. Don't think I ever want to do that drive again, so let's hope the Edison service center gets up and running smoothly.
  2. Sales process: The 8 steps went super smooth, getting delivery went just the same and was super quick. Having watched 100s of videos on 'How to' in the Rivian and going for a test drive 2 weeks ago, I didn't need much help. Vehicle stickers says 1/23 manufacturing date, with a 3700 VIN.
  3. Exterior condition: No issues I could fine, the paint looked perfect. My main complaint is they washed it yesterday and left it outside overnight. That area in Brooklyn has way to much dust and air pollution that the car got a quick bath once it came home. Needed it badly
  4. Interior: Not a single issue to be found. Yes the phone charger is annoying as all hell but there are solves for it, so that will get taken care of. Black Mountain interior with Dark ash wood
  5. Driving: After battling traffic for 30 minutes finally hit the highway and all I can say is wow. Handling is great, power amazing, driver+ worked well. We recently picked up a I4M50 and the R1S performance is the same and that is saying a lot.
  6. Infotainment: So here is where I get annoyed. The phone interface is from 2002, while Spotify works great just give us CarPlay/AA already. I have not heard one single good argument to keep these features from us.
  7. Garage fit: I wasn’t worried at all until i got it home. Damn that is tight but it does fit. Much bigger than I imagined.
  8. Car Wash mode: I mentioned it was dirty, so I took it to a self wash place, put it in car wash mode, left all my stuff in the car and did the quick wash. Turned around and noticed the handles were not sticking out, gently pushed and freaked out ‘Holy I am locked out’, no moron just push harder. Fun morning
All and all thrilled and excited to drive this for the foreseeable future.

1E253426-CAFE-4584-B91A-56DE00E7F4D4.jpg
6CF0231C-258D-4F79-9000-357451465795.jpg
IMG_1217.jpeg
The right combination of fun and utility i4M50 + R1S.
Finally starting to see those FG with the 22s !

EBEG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Pilot, 2019 Jetta
Interesting. Mfg date 12/23 low 3000s vin. Took delivery 1/28. Yes NJ to Brooklyn is one of the worst drives in the universe. Once took me 2 hours to go like 17 miles. Two river crossings.
I used to live in North Jersey and the trip to Brooklyn is very painful, but at least the tolls make it expensive.

OP
OP
lefkonj

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

I used to live in North Jersey and the trip to Brooklyn is very painful, but at least the tolls make it expensive.
The tris to Brooklyn from Queens sucks, NJ is horrific.

onebadmofo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla MY LR
Occupation
I know how to exit VIM
Clubs

Psst, the temp tags are so tiny that toll cameras are not picking it up. I drove without ezpass for 3 months before they expired and got 0 tolls/violations from NJ/NY/CT/PA. Just be careful deep west on PA turnpike, they still got tolls booths with gates.

Where in NJ are you? I'm in 08816, got FG R1T.

Sponsored

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
08807 over here. R1S en route

Rgrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Look at 10th digit of VIN. "N" means 2022, "P" means 2023.

Tzadik_nistar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser & 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Finance
The tris to Brooklyn from Queens sucks, NJ is horrific.
My LA Silver R1S is at the Brooklyn SC pre inspection. How long till it’s ready for pickup? They won’t deliver to 5Towns

Super_Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
QX80, ZL1, Mustang GT, Mini Cooper SE,
What interior do you have? I'm hoping my forest edge interior has the wood around the headrests...
I just received my 1/23 BuildR1S last week, in Arizona, and was told it was the first they had seen with Forest Edge interior.

What exactly are you looking for in regards to the head rests, and I’ll try to send pics.

Here are a couple random pics in the meantime.
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Delivery today: Quick Summary C78AC6D2-0859-4C92-8A4F-479F59CDC0A3
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Delivery today: Quick Summary 345367A7-8DAF-47FD-92F4-370FED4BDD00
Best regards,
Sponsored

Reactions: pdq