First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I was about to point out that there were 56 questions and zero questions asked about the charging speed, charge curve, or voltage. What a maniac.
You sound like me wondering how people don't check the charging speed when they are taking photos of them charging. I did ask hint to CS today that it'd be great to know the charging info, and she agreed, and also that she is excited to find out the impacts of each wheel choice on range without prompting.
Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Personally knowing if the launch edition is capable of charging at 800V is the last thing I need to know before I decide on it or wait for a Rivian in 2022. In sure by then all Rivians will be capable of it.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Personally knowing if the launch edition is capable of charging at 800V is the last thing I need to know before I decide on it or wait for a Rivian in 2022. In sure by then all Rivians will be capable of it.
Last word we had was capable but not enabled.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Rivian R1T R1S Q&A session with a Rivian Guide 1618529450785

I'm having trouble visualizing the "front lip of the rear seat cushions". What is that? (also sorry for the image, Chrome does not want to copy text from the PDF for some reason).

Edit: also interesting to note that "captain seats are under review". Hopefully for Launch Editions? Not a deal breaker for me but definitely a preference.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
1618529450785.png

I'm having trouble visualizing the "front lip of the rear seat cushions". What is that? (also sorry for the image, Chrome does not want to copy text from the PDF for some reason).

Edit: also interesting to note that "captain seats are under review". Hopefully for Launch Editions? Not a deal breaker for me but definitely a preference.
Perhaps something like what Volvo offers:
Rivian R1T R1S Q&A session with a Rivian Guide BLOG15_170309875_AR_-1_JDPYZIYWLNOD

And 2nd row captains chairs is all but guaranteed to be a post-LE offering (if it is offered at all).

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Perhaps something like what Volvo offers:
BLOG15_170309875_AR_-1_JDPYZIYWLNOD.jpg

And 2nd row captains chairs is all but guaranteed to be a post-LE offering (if it is offered at all).
Thanks, for some reason I thought the front lip would still flip, and I was like "isn't that the same as under-seat??" lol. This makes more sense.

You're right that captains seats are likely a post-LE option, it might be too late to retool the production line at this stage. Plus they could upcharge for it like Tesla does.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

"No Apple Airplay or Android Auto."

Alright MnFers, put your money where your mouth is and start forfeiting your pre-orders! I'm ready to move up in line ?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
So, after reading through the Q&A, I would be really surprised if the customer didn't ask about batteries. He was way too thorough not to imho. I wonder if that was explicitly off limits or something.

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
Doesn’t look like either Rivian will have high wattage power output? They only talk about 120V outlets.

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
WINCH READY!!!!!

I'm not going to cruise Western Maine plowing people's driveways, but I'll happily plow my 1/2 mile camp road.

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
WINCH READY!!!!!

I'm not going to cruise Western Maine plowing people's driveways, but I'll happily plow my 1/2 mile camp road.
Just be aware that a lot auto manufacturers have specific exclusions in their warrantees that void the. If the vehicle is used for plowing.

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
This is the scenario where we wish they would release them as 2019 models....

Electric cars must adhere to 'quiet car' regulations by 2020 - Roadshow (cnet.com)
This isn’t a requirement based on model year. It’s required on 50% of vehicle models manufactured before September 1, 2020, and 100% of them manufactured after that date.

This was a concession so manufacturers (Alliance/Global and Honda) didn’t have to send models back to design to make sure they had the hardware in them to emit sound. Every other manufacturer already has appropriate hardware installed and complies with the rules already.

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Solutions Architect / Developer
Clubs

I hope "none" is an option.
This was highly talked about in the RAV 4 EV forums I am in. I have one and the very first thing I did was track down where speaker was... followed the cable to it and found that it was simply connected to a harness. I unhooked it - no more sound. Many, many debates on if this would get people in trouble if they hit a pedestrian and it wasn't enabled. I'm like well my Volt is the same year and it doesn't have it at all...

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
This was highly talked about in the RAV 4 EV forums I am in. I have one and the very first thing I did was track down where speaker was... followed the cable to it and found that it was simply connected to a harness. I unhooked it - no more sound. Many, many debates on if this would get people in trouble if they hit a pedestrian and it wasn't enabled. I'm like well my Volt is the same year and it doesn't have it at all...
If you run over my wife and her Seeing Eye Dog because they can't hear you coming because you tampered with a safety device, you can bet your butt I will take every dollar you have and then some in court.

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
All you do is take a twig and leave it wrapped in the wire and insurance will think it must have gotten pulled out by the twig after running over ?
Sponsored