Sponsored

How did your R1S delivery estimate change?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
Pushed out from Jun-Sept23 to Oct-Dec23.

7 miles from SC..... So that's not it.

But hey, on a good note, I finally got offered a First Mile.... At the SC in PORTLAND,OR. Only 200 miles away. *smh*

Config in sig. From another post, I'm thinking skiplate has to have something to do with it because R1S in the store were all listed with no skid plates? Thoughts?
Sponsored

BKR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Jan 2021 R1S preorder - FG/FE/22” Bright - pushed from Feb-March 23 to Jul-Sep 23. Live 7 miles from Brooklyn SC.

reason in email: “Your delivery window estimate has moved back due to an adjustment in our build plan.”

Beanejar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - CY/OC
Wonder how many of us pushed back are Ocean Coast? (me 3 months, March 2020 preorder) Any OC's who have been moved up?
Was moved up a bit - was Apr-Jun, now Mar-Apr.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Proximity to a service center appears to be crucial factor.
Fortunate to live in San Diego about 5 miles from its SC.
We are precisely 6.6 miles from Dallas Service Center, which is where we recently did our R1S first drive. Reason provided for delivery being pushed back one quarter from previous estimate:
"In order to align with the opening of a Rivian Service Center planned in your area, we have had to move your delivery window back."​

Makes no sense to me unless they are already abandoning the already established one.

tjp74

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 MB AMG C43 Conv, 2003 Land Rover Discovery 2
Occupation
Boeing
anyone near Bellevue/Seattle area getting theirs moved up? If so, was it a R1S? pre-price increase?

Sponsored

Labradortransporter

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep 4Xe, VW atlas
Occupation
Finance
I have a very standard R1S reservation from Aug 2021. This fall, I got pushed back from 1H2023 to 2024. In the latest update I got pushed back to "processing estimate". I live in the Florida panhandle. Obviously, servicing my area is not their top priority. Strangely, the first Rivian ever sold on cars and bids was located in my hometown, so it looks like they have delivered to my area in the past.

R1S Adventure, Large Pack, Quad Motor, Forest Green, 21' road wheels, black interior + wood, underbody shield

tjp74

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 MB AMG C43 Conv, 2003 Land Rover Discovery 2
Occupation
Boeing

Ravian94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 435ix
Pushed from Sep-Dec 2023 to Jan-June 2024. Ouch!!!!!
Reservation placed Nov 2021.
Configuration: R1S Limestone, Dark AT 20”, Ocean Coast interior

Email stated that delivery delayed to align with a service location opening in my area (Believe this to be Shelton, CT)

909phillyman

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

My LATEST delay has now gone from April-June 2023, to July-September 2023.

I reached out to my Guide and he stated: "The biggest factor to your build being pushed back is your interior choice. Ocean Coast vehicles are in production now and set to make their road debut in March". I asked for further clarification and he stated that his remarks were specific to the R1S. So there is some context.

Config: R1S Adventure pkg, Midnight, Ocean Coast, 22 brights, no underbody; Reserved 11/23/20

Sponsored

lindendk

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mercedes, kia, harley
Occupation
GM
Wonder how many of us pushed back are Ocean Coast? (me 3 months, March 2020 preorder) Any OC's who have been moved up?
I am in Redondo Beach CA, close to service center, ordered R1S Blue, OC August 2021. original del window Jul to august 2022, now Jan to July 2024

Dublin ‘Eer

First Name
Franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Occupation
CPA
I have a blue R1S with the skid plate and ocean coast interior at the original price. My estimate went from 3rd quarter 2023 to April/May 2023, so it was moved a few months sooner. I’m about 2 hours away from a service center.

RLS12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5
First post in here - pretty frustrated with this delivery circus. I'm a early 2019 deposit holder for R1S. Before price hike they asked me to upgrade to Adventure package to prioritize my delivery. Did it. Havent changed anything on my config other than to move my delivery location from NYC to Charlotte, NC where I live now. Up until this week I had a delivery schedule of early 2023. My delivery is now labeled: "Processing Estimate": "As we continue planning the roll out of a Rivian Service Center in your area, we need more time to understand when that site will be ready to support your vehicle's delivery and ongoing service needs. For now, we're leaving your Account Page set to "Processing estimate" and plan to update your account with delivery timing during our next scheduled refresh in April."

Anyone else get one of these? why would i care about/need a service center for a brand new car? There are plenty of R1T's rolling around Charlotte today......

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

I have a blue R1S with the skid plate and ocean coast interior at the original price. My estimate went from 3rd quarter 2023 to April/May 2023, so it was moved a few months sooner. I’m about 2 hours away from a service center.
You are fortunate! You live in a suburb of Columbus, OH (that's my old zip code from my Honda stint) and your service center is Cleveland. Apparently the Cleveland SC has plenty of capacity. To wit, Cleveland SC recently did a R1S home delivery to Cincinnati for @protamine.

Dublin ‘Eer

First Name
Franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Occupation
CPA
You are fortunate! You live in a suburb of Columbus, OH (that's my old zip code from my Honda stint) and your service center is Cleveland. Apparently the Cleveland SC has plenty of capacity. To wit, Cleveland SC recently did a R1S home delivery to Cincinnati for @protamine.
Definitely. I was shocked.
Sponsored