Sponsored

How did your R1S delivery estimate change?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chuppi

First Name
Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru outback
Was oct-dec 23, ordered 8\21 now jan-jun 24. 38 or do Miles from Bellevue SC Washington State
Very similar but in California. There are 3 service centers from where my order could be processed. There is a 4th service center coming up in the area and my order is delayed so it can be processed from the new location.
I exchanged emails with the customer support and pointed out that it seems like an oversight of their planning software/algorithm and hope it would be corrected.

I don’t think Rivian is doing this on purpose nor are they specifically targeting a group. However it is very clear to me that later orders are prioritized over me just because of my proximity to an upcoming service center.
It is unfortunate but Rivian customer service might still take notice of it and possibly correct it in the next go around.

At the end of the day it is just a car. I am not going to worry about it anymore.
Sponsored

c25sailor

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pre-ordered R1S
Occupation
Pundit
Now that the new estimates are live, did your R1S estimate change and, if so, by how much?

For example mine was Feb-Mar 2023 and is now May-June 2023 so 2-3 months later for my reservation.

LE R1S RB BM 22” Bright 11/11/2020
Mine continues to be "Pending" -- ordered 12/20 R1S -- "Service center planning" excuse -- even though there are several R1Ts in the neighborhood.

Jad

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Tesla S
For those that did get pushed back more than 3 months please add your config and distance to SC in the thread. That may help analysis patterns.
Hi, My R1S limestone w ocean coast interior adventure pack, +large pack + quad with standard wheels went from June-December 2023 to January-June 2024. Thanks for post I was wondering same. I am in Los Angeles. I see quite a lot R1S on the road.

Last edited:

siress

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 1950 ICON TR, 93 MB 500E. 33 MB 300SL
Occupation
Venture Capitalist
Clubs

For those that did get pushed back more than 3 months please add your config and distance to SC in the thread. That may help analysis patterns.
My date went from July-Sept 23 to Oct-Dec 23; Config
Build
  • Adventure Package
    $75,500
  • Quad-Motor AWD
    Included
  • Large pack
    Included
  • Glacier White
    Included
  • 22" Sport Dark wheels
    $3,500
Interior
  • Forest Edge + Warm Ash Wood
    $2,000

NEIL JURMAN

First Name
NeilGoigle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited, 2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Touring, 2005 Chevrolet Suburban Z71, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe
Occupation
Business Owner: Airport Transportation Service of Inverness Florida

Sponsored

tjordhei

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
Occupation
Retired
>3 mo. earlier here… R1S LAS, BM, UB shield, 20” AT. Pre-ordered 03/21. Estimated delivery was “2024”, now Jul-Sep 2023. 65 miles north of Phoenix Service Center. Don’t know that it made any difference, but FWIW I had support make a note in early January on my pre-order that I was willing to drive to the SC to pick up the car.

DROR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Revel 4x4.
Same BS as before. We still don't have a date because Rivian Service Center bla bla bla. I am in Lakewood (Denver for anyone with a map), but apparently unless you list a Denver address you aren't in Denver. My brother ordered way after me and put an address in central Illinois and Lo And Behold he has a delivery date of Q3 this year! Our specs are nearly identical, his is green and mine is blue. The whole thing is a joke.

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
Its odd, I put down a deposit April 2022, and got an estimated delivery of April-June 2023 back in October. Now its saying March/April. So <12 months. Config is (intentionally) about as basic as they come. White/Quad motor/large pack, no tonneau, black interior. I did make a portion of the deposit non-refundable when we had that option too.

I am in MA and they have a service center a hour away with no traffic (with traffic the location will suck...)

Not sure how they figure things.

Baymax

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey, Hyundai Genesis
Occupation
Business Owner
Clubs

Wonder how many of us pushed back are Ocean Coast? (me 3 months, March 2020 preorder) Any OC's who have been moved up?
My OC estimate moved up 3 months. (see signature)

ceetiger

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, Adventure, Limestone, Forest Edge
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

My R1S Adventure package went from "Still Processing" to "Still Processing."
And they are still using the lame argument that they do not have a SC in my state. I am in upstate South Carolina, and only 2 hours away from the Atlanta SC.
But they successfully shipped several R1T's last year, so....

It is so d@mn frustrating!!!

ceetiger

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Its odd, I put down a deposit April 2022, and got an estimated delivery of April-June 2023 back in October. Now its saying March/April. So <12 months. Config is (intentionally) about as basic as they come. White/Quad motor/large pack, no tonneau, black interior. I did make a portion of the deposit non-refundable when we had that option too.

I am in MA and they have a service center a hour away with no traffic (with traffic the location will suck...)

Not sure how they figure things.
That's the beauty...no one knows

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

I exchanged emails with the customer support and pointed out that it seems like an oversight of their planning software/algorithm and hope it would be corrected.

I don’t think Rivian is doing this on purpose nor are they specifically targeting a group. However it is very clear to me that later orders are prioritized over me just because of my proximity to an upcoming service center.
It is unfortunate but Rivian customer service might still take notice of it and possibly correct it in the next go around.
How is it clear to you that your proximity to an upcoming SC is the sole/main contributing factor to your delay? As evident from this poll, some people got moved up, some moved back, but the majority stayed the same. To me, it’s clear Rivian is optimizing for production efficiency here. Consider that some people’s delivery expectations got screwed, but Rivian is now able to get more vehicles on the road.

Molarman

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Limited, 2019 Porsche Cayenne e-hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Spec'd is a R1S, white, OC interior, 21 inch wheels. Was given 2024 as a deliver time last Fall. Was updated to July-December 2024 with latest update.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

My April-June estimate had moved to February-March, and I just got my 8-steps today!

Hankenstein

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Prius, 2023 R1T
Clubs

Same BS as before. We still don't have a date because Rivian Service Center bla bla bla. I am in Lakewood (Denver for anyone with a map), but apparently unless you list a Denver address you aren't in Denver. My brother ordered way after me and put an address in central Illinois and Lo And Behold has a delivery date of Q3 this year! Our specs are nearly identical, his is green and mine is blue. The whole thing is a joke.

My delivery address is Arvada (same-ish as Lakewood) and I have a July-Sep that has not moved for quite some time so I don't think your delivery address is the whole story. I did order 8/20 which may or may not be earlier than you.
Sponsored