Sponsored

How did your R1S delivery estimate change?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BadKarma!

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S & 2017 Ford Shelby GT350R
Occupation
Cyber Security
Clubs

My dates slipped from Q2 2023 to Q3 2023. My best guess is that I am equidistant from the NYC and Boston service centers (until CT opens) and that I chose Rivian Blue. Haven't seen very many blue units being posted. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Governor

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3rd Gen Tacoma Pro Lexus NX
Occupation
RN
second shift at the plant doesn't seem to have any bearing in the forecast of production.

Rivian R1T R1S [Poll] How did your R1S delivery estimate change w/ latest update? i-quit-my-job-at-the-helium-factory

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
You are fortunate! You live in a suburb of Columbus, OH (that's my old zip code from my Honda stint) and your service center is Cleveland. Apparently the Cleveland SC has plenty of capacity. To wit, Cleveland SC recently did a R1S home delivery to Cincinnati for @protamine.
Definitely. I was shocked.
I have seen a ton of Rivians in Cincinnati this week (got mine Monday). At least 5 different ones. The cincy SC is opening in a month or two. I'd imagine they're getting vehicles out just prior to the SC opening.

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
To balance out the posts on further delays, I’ll add that Rivian delivery updates do work in the positive…the extreme positive.

My email yesterday which was followed up by a text indicated my vehicle was ready to be picked up…next week!

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti
Clubs

Same as before. I feel like I got very lucky with my timing and configuration.

I hedged myself with the most freemium and upgrades possible but still kept it under $80,000.

I got cocaine white (freemium), quad motors (free), 21" road wheels, Rivian underbody shield ($1,700), wall charger ($500) and ocean coast (freemium) and they haven't changed my dates at all.

Order was placed Jun 2021.

Delivery is expected July 2023 - September 2023.

Test drive for R1S first mile demo event is schedule for next week.

Rivian s00n

Last edited:

Sponsored

PDK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon BMW M5
Same as before. Config in sig.
Anyone figure out their prioritization schedule? Because it looks to me like they are going for the money grab and that anyone who preordered after the price hike is getting a major bump in priority.

I happen to have a neighbor who preordered the exact same R1S configuration... but four months after I did... and they have a 6-9 month estimated delivery advantage. Only difference I can tell is we preordered before March 1, 2021. (We're currently Jan-Jun 2024)
I think early orders are being deprioritized my order moved back from June - Sept 23 to Jan - June 24. I have a hypothesis that since I made my deposit “non-refundable” to lock in and hedge changes in tax rules they are pushing me and others back. I ordered in Aug 21.

PDK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Rivian Blue w/OC.. original estimate was Oct' - Dec' 23. Now pushed back to Jan'-Jun' '24. 11/21 pre-order. Also, received an email explaining the delay with planned SC opening in my area.... weird. I'm just 30 minutes from a SC in Dallas. I recently took my 1st mile test drive (R1S.. it was awesome, btw) at that SC.
I think early orders are being deprioritized my order moved back from June - Sept 23 to Jan - June 24. I have a hypothesis that since I made my deposit “non-refundable” to lock in and hedge changes in tax rules they are pushing me and others back. I ordered in Aug 21.

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support
60 miles from factory. Moved up 3 months (July-Sept).

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Welcome to Rivian Forums! You're new here so I'll be gentle.

What people call "early" keeps getting wider and wider. Now it's Nov 2018 to Aug 2021.

PDK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Welcome to Rivian Forums! You're new here so I'll be gentle.

What people call "early" keeps getting wider and wider. Now it's Nov 2018 to Aug 2021.
Got it. Fair enough. Point taken. Just expressing frustration as a customer and shareholder of something that seems to me misalignment in terms of prioritization scheduling. And seeking insight here to the contrary since Rivian support doesn’t seem to have any insight to offer on this matter.

Sponsored

SciGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T quad, large pack, 20ATs; 2012 Acura TSX
In order for this to be a fair survey, it should have included configuration information. Given Rivian’s supply chain and production issues, it would be important to see if there is a correlation between configurations and delivery dates.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

I like the survey form and data presentation that @MrMusAddict created. I have more faith in his survey data than most of the communications from CS and Guides.

Members with R1S preorders dating back to 2018 and 2019 experienced delays in our delivery estimates when updates were released in 2022. We've been there and done that. Now here's an observation from the latest survey data by @MrMusAddict . For most of us in that '18~'19 preorder group, the Jan '23 updates did not move us back. In fact, the data shows that most of us moved up. And most of us in that group probably signed Rivian's binding order agreement last year.

So, I don't believe that @PDK and others got pushed back because they signed Rivian's binding agreement. There are many other forces at play.

SciGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T quad, large pack, 20ATs; 2012 Acura TSX
I like the survey form and data presentation that @MrMusAddict created. I have more faith in his survey data than most of the communications from CS and Guides.

Members with R1S preorders dating back to 2018 and 2019 experienced delays in our delivery estimates when updates were released in 2022. We've been there and done that. Now here's an observation from the latest survey data by @MrMusAddict . For most of us in that '18~'19 preorder group, the Jan '23 updates did not move us back. In fact, the data shows that most of us moved up. And most of us in that group probably signed Rivian's binding order agreement last year.

So, I don't believe that @PDK and others got pushed back because they signed Rivian's binding agreement. There are many other forces at play.
That’s a terrific data set. Thanks for the link @Mygrain.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Got it. Fair enough. Point taken. Just expressing frustration as a customer and shareholder of something that seems to me misalignment in terms of prioritization scheduling. And seeking insight here to the contrary since Rivian support doesn’t seem to have any insight to offer on this matter.
My belief is that some part of the issue is that the SCs are overbooked and maxed out on the ability to receive, park, prep and deliver vehicles. I'm certain that's the case for Brooklyn. Tiny parking lot, maybe 14 - 16 bays inside (I was there but didn't think to count the number of bays) and it is servicing New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania. If they have a backlog of 2500 vehicles, it's going to take a long time to work through that.

Smokey

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Was oct-dec 23, ordered 8\21 now jan-jun 24. 38 or do Miles from Bellevue SC Washington State
Sponsored