Sponsored

Phone key unlocks the vehicle but cannot ready/activate it

Perk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2012 Volt, 2013 Odyssey, R2S reserved
Spoke with customer service tonight. They confirmed that there is a problem with the Rivian app and Android 13. According to the person I talked to, it's definitely a problem in the Rivian app itself and they will be releasing an update soon. Fingers crossed! 🤞🤞
Sponsored

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
Occupation
IT
Experienced this issue this week after the newest Android 13 update on Pixel 6. Rebooting the phone helped.

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
Started working after the Sept. Android update but then stopped working after a bike ride.

Confirmed that no system or Rivian app/truck updates during that time. Also didn't change anything on the phone from when I left the truck and came back.

Have tried everything to re-pair (including deleting all Bluetooth devices/keys, hard reboot of phone/truck, clearing cache/storage,reinstalling app.

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
Okay, may be coincidence after an hour of trying to add PaaK, after I turned off bluetooth, wifi, and hotspot in the truck the PaaK setup worked immediately.

If it works for others it would be good to know.

I am going to leave truck wifi and bluetooth off for now.

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
After the much delayed September update for the Pixel 6 Pro on Verizon yesterday, PaaK seems to be working flawlessly for me. The Android update specifically mentioned Bluetooth fixes FWIW.

Sponsored

louisdeg

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Red Canyon/Forest Edge, 21” wheels
Occupation
Home inspector
The last two times it happened to me I just quit the app and reopened it.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
I had been pretty critical of the Rivian Paak and had previously carried the Fob everywhere because of Paak issues.

However, since the Halloween ish software update, Paak has been reliable. I still carry a keycard in my wallet just in case, but have not needed it.

Perk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So back in September, they told me they knew there was an issue on their end with the Pixel and that they were fixing it. I thought it was going to be a fix to the app, but apparently there must have been an issue with the truck software, since the release a few days ago mentioned Pixel 5 in the release notes. I have the Pixel 5, so I had a high hopes that this was going to make a big difference. Yet, I'm still having a ton of trouble with proximity. If I shut down the app and restart Bluetooth, the phone possibly will unlock the truck. But only once and usually proximity is not even working to lock the truck by the time I leave it. The fact that they specifically put a fix for the Pixel 5 means they must be testing it with the Pixel 5. So I don't understand how it can be working for them and not me 🤔🫤 I'm on Android 13 TP1A.221105.002; 1.8.0 for the app; and 2022.43.02 for the truck.

Any pixel owners notice a difference with the new 2022.43.02 Rivian software?

OP
OP
PastyPilgrim

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
So back in September, they told me they knew there was an issue on their end with the Pixel and that they were fixing it. I thought it was going to be a fix to the app, but apparently there must have been an issue with the truck software, since the release a few days ago mentioned Pixel 5 in the release notes. I have the Pixel 5, so I had a high hopes that this was going to make a big difference. Yet, I'm still having a ton of trouble with proximity. If I shut down the app and restart Bluetooth, the phone possibly will unlock the truck. But only once and usually proximity is not even working to lock the truck by the time I leave it. The fact that they specifically put a fix for the Pixel 5 means they must be testing it with the Pixel 5. So I don't understand how it can be working for them and not me 🤔🫤 I'm on Android 13 TP1A.221105.002; 1.8.0 for the app; and 2022.43.02 for the truck.

Any pixel owners notice a difference with the new 2022.43.02 Rivian software?
I have a pixel 5 and currently no issues. Once in a blue moon the truck doesn't automatically respond but rebooting my phone fixes the problem so I suspect it's more a problem with the app/Android/pixel5 than the truck. One of my suspicions is that the battery optimization setting causes their PaaK process to be suppressed but I haven't yet tried switching the Rivian app to unoptimized battery usage.

Perk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I also wonder about the battery optimization, though I have my app on unrestricted. When proximity works for me (which it really hasn't at all for over a month), it rarely seems to work unless I unlock the phone first. But I'm sure I've had it work without unlocking the phone, so it can't be a hard requirement that the phone be unlocked. Makes me think Bluetooth or the app is sometimes sleeping (and is the app itself even necessary for proximity? Or just setting up the key?)

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I've never had PaaK issues until the 2022.43 update. Pixel 5 on T-Mobile. Ironically it mentioned fixing Pixel 5 issues.

Walter

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RT1
Occupation
Entenpurer
Clubs

Anyone else having a problem with getting your Andriod Samsung Galaxy to use the Rivian App and beagle to use the phone as a key to start the truck? It will one and lock the door but won't act as a key. I have around and around with Rivian tech/service on this over the phone with no resolve.
Have a service appointment for 12/22.

Indy avocado

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '17 Macan S, '11 Mustang GT
I have a Sony Android 13 phone - about 30% of the time I enter the truck it won't recognize it to drive. I have had success with quickly force-closing the app / opening it fresh, and then holding my phone on the door where the key card would be tapped. That seems to force the phone and truck to see each other. That or it's just sheer luck on timing the past 5 or so times I've done that.

I almost got stranded before I started carrying the card with me - luckily a phone reboot fixed it.

happyjohn14

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T 2022
Occupation
IT
I've had a mobile tech out twice to try and figure this out, The devs seem to have given up too. I currently have a Pixel 5, the tech is convinced it's the phone and I need to try another phone. The only way I can get the phone key to work is after "repair"ing and then it only works for about 8 hours. I have all the latest builds of the Rivian app and Android OS. The tech suggested I do a factory reset on my phone. I'm not happy about that. For me, this all started after a security update in August.

Beachbum

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
iPhone 12
I had this issue last week/weekend and resulted in using the key card or fob even after soft and hard reset. After not driving for 3-days, it worked normally today (iPhone only). I'll continue to carry my card key just in-case. Not ready to try repair option at this time.
Sponsored