Sponsored

Phone key unlocks the vehicle but cannot ready/activate it

Perk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2012 Volt, 2013 Odyssey, R2S reserved
Ok, found time to reboot my phone - it fixed it (for now at least)!
Sponsored

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
I still had PaaK fail after updating to Android Sept. update after deleting/reading key (and turning on/off airplane mode).

So I just went through and cleared the Rivian app cache, storage, and uninstalled the app. It is working again but I'm not certain how long it will last.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

I'm yet another Android user who has had issues with PAAK multiple times. For various ?unrelated? RIVIAN software bugs I've uninstalled the App and deleted /repaired my PAAK multiple times over the last few weeks. Currently it is working, but who can say for how long?

Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T R1S
I have a Pixel 5 + Android 13 and PaaK has BEEN working pretty good since 1.60 + 2022.31.5. Before the 2022.31.5 the 1.60 phone app was a battery hog but since then I'd say it's been pretty good, not amazing but a LOT less battery usage.

JustBarely

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T C63 AMG Honda S2000 E92 M3
Occupation
Logistics
Clubs

Yeah, access issues are quickly becoming the most common pain around here. It's almost as if the truck can't handle the multitude of key combinations.

One of the 3 proximity sensors on my truck is not operating so that means they all shut down in regards to letting me add a new phone and lock/unlock the vehicle. The mobile service couldn't repair so now I have to take it in.

I wont be able to use the phone key or access the app features in anyway outside of looking at the range. Wild

Sponsored

Perk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok, so PAAK is not working again for me. Definitely not "starting" the truck, but also this time it's not even unlocking. Maybe it's a phone
(or Android) problem, but tonight I also couldn't get in to the truck even with the key card. It did open after a couple minutes, but I don't know if it was the card or the fact that I asked my wife to try her phone with the Rivian app. Anyway, getting nervous about taking it anywhere... 🙄

hungrycaterpillar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
PAAK is working again here with the september security patch. If you have trouble re-adding your phone after removing it turn BT off and back on.

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

PAAK is working again here with the september security patch. If you have trouble re-adding your phone after removing it turn BT off and back on.
This September security patch, is this a google patch? I see under Android version that I'm still on August 5th for security update...

hungrycaterpillar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
This September security patch, is this a google patch? I see under Android version that I'm still on August 5th for security update...
Which phone? ISTR the september patch was delayed for some/all of the Pixel 6 line. (Mine is a Pixel 5.)

You can force it to check for updates. Go to settings/system/system update/check for update

Even if it says the last check was today press the check for update button anyway.

Sponsored

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Which phone? ISTR the september patch was delayed for some/all of the Pixel 6 line. (Mine is a Pixel 5.)

You can force it to check for updates. Go to settings/system/system update/check for update

Even if it says the last check was today press the check for update button anyway.
I have a Pixel 4a. I forced a check and I have the newest security update now. Thanks!

It seems to be working correctly now.

Perk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm still having trouble after the android patch, dated September 5, 2022 (Pixel 5).

I had a weird success after I deleted all my Bluetooth devices except the "Rivian Phone Key". Oddly enough, the app was telling me my phone was NOT a key at that point, and yet PaaK was working, including proximity lock and unlock, as well as the vehicle starting. So I used it for a couple days even while the app was completely confused - and it worked great. To get back to sanity (since I could no longer use the app for things like windows or turning on the HVAC), I went ahead and deleted the bluetooth pairing of "Rivian Phone Key", started over and set the phone up as a key again. I did not pair any new bluetooth devices and it was working great for a couple days. On Sunday, I wanted to listen to a podcast and so I paired the "Rivian Audio" device. PaaK continued to work.

Today, however, it has stopped working. I was in a hurry and started the Rivian with the key card. Later though, I was standing outside the locked truck and deleted the "Rivian Audio" bluetooth device on the phone. Nothing happened after a few seconds, so I turned off bluetooth and turned it back on. Truck immediately unlocked and both PaaK and proximity locking are working. Wish I had done bluetooth off/on first, before deleting the audio device. I had skipped it because I tried before with no luck. But anyway, this is another data point to think about. I'll end up pairing the audio again and will probably get another opportunity to do some more tests, unfortunately :rolleyes:

louisdeg

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Red Canyon/Forest Edge, 21” wheels
Occupation
Home inspector
I’m having the same issue with my iPhone. The phone does everything but allow the drive to start, then it asks for a keycard. I thought it went away after the last OTA update but it’s baaaakkkkk

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Today I just had to completely delete the Rivian app on my Pixel 5a and start over to get PAK to work again. It trivially connected after that and has worked just fine so far.
Sponsored