Sponsored

Passenger side lower than driver side.

BCan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
On my truck the driver side (both wheels) is about 1.5 inches lower. See attached pictures. The garage floor is level. If I park the truck in the same spot but just facing the opposite direction, the driver side sags the same way.

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

[/QUOTE
On my truck the driver side (both wheels) is about 1.5 inches lower. See attached pictures. The garage floor is level. If I park the truck in the same spot but just facing the opposite direction, the driver side sags the same way.

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg
my guess would be, since they are both 1.5 low…it’s not an issue with one strut/sensor…it’s probably both. Have the service center take a look. I had the front pax sensor and strut replaced on the second SC visit…and that solved my issue. My front rgt was 1.5 low as yours…my rear was only .5ish…and that was just front rgt the truck leaning low and compressing the rear pax strut a bit. I had a tape measure in hand at the service center…I recommend you do the same. Good luck!
Sponsored

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg
I think we have the same garage floor. Wombat? Mine was 1" lower but when I measured right after driving it was normal again.

My steering wheel is off to the left a bit while driving. If I let go of it the truck will slowly drift right. I have a service appointment for July 19th.

danen1973

First Name
Nenad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I think we have the same garage floor. Wombat? Mine was 1" lower but when I measured right after driving it was normal again.

My steering wheel is off to the left a bit while driving. If I let go of it the truck will slowly drift right. I have a service appointment for July 19th.
Someone gave me an idea to put the truck into "Camp Mode" to see if the truck levels. To my surprise it leveled itself in the garage perfectly. See the attached pic. I'm not sure what this means but it's encouraging to see that the truck can level itself.

Yes wombat. I like it.
Hope you get your truck fixed. That would drive in crazy.

Rivian R1T R1S Passenger side lower than driver side. IMG_1578

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

Someone gave me an idea to put the truck into "Camp Mode" to see if the truck levels. To my surprise it leveled itself in the garage perfectly. See the attached pic. I'm not sure what this means but it's encouraging to see that the truck can level itself.

Yes wombat. I like it.

IMG_1578.jpg
Yes, I think it's normal for the truck to not be totally even after it sits overnight. But after you drive it stop and measure it should not be. Yes. We liked wombat. We just had ours done in early May. Still a mess...here is a pic I took of the aero cover with some foam strips attached....you can see the floor through all the mess.

Rivian R1T R1S Passenger side lower than driver side. PXL_20230615_141149686.MP

jpmc86

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mercedes GLK 250, 2009 Mercedes E63
Occupation
Engineer
Update on my vehicle leaning situation.

Yesterday, I returned the vehicle to the service center for a third time. Now I'm dealing directly with the service manager. Very nice guy, he reviewed the service history on my vehicle prior to my arrival. He had prepared a service plan for my vehicle.

He said just by looking at it he could see there is definitely something wrong and he wanted to deep dive into it. I dropped the vehicle off at 9am and by 3pm he gave me a call. He said there was a leak in the Air System Unit. He said that unit is what distributes the air to the air ride suspension (individual air bags among other things). He didn't believe there was an issue with any of the 4 airbags or ride height sensors. He wanted to keep the vehicle over night to see how it looked the next morning.

This morning he called me at 8am. Said they swapped the air unit last night and the vehicle ride height on all four corners didn't change this morning. Now they need to recalibrate the system before its ready for pick up. He told me it should be ready around noon.

I won't be able to pick up the vehicle until after work. He said that will give them more time to confirm there isn't a small air leak as the vehicle sits and waits for my arrival.

I am overly grateful they were able to fix my vehicle. Drake has been more than accommodating and made sure they took the extra setup to fix my vehicle. I'm hoping this experience is a learning tool for the service center. Having to take a vehicle into service three times before they will actually investigate is ridicules. It's not only wasting my time but also their time and money.

My suggestion is if you own a Rivian and the suspension is leaning, create another support ticket. Don't let them give you the excuse it's in spec. Yes, my vehicle was in spec when the compressor kicks in and its fully pressurized but 20 minutes later it would be leaning again.
Jason, did this ever come back or was the air unit what fixed it?

Also if possible, can you share your repair ticket number to share with my SC?

Thank you.

Sponsored

jpmc86

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer

Yes wombat. I like it.

IMG_1578.jpg
danen1973, did you ever get this fixed?

danen1973

First Name
Nenad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

danen1973, did you ever get this fixed?
No. Service center looked at it twice and said everything checks out and everything is within spec. The first time I took it the technician confirmed the lean (it’s obvious) ran a number of tests and the end “reset the suspension height”. Resetting the suspension leveled the truck and I thought that would fix it. But, after a few days it started leaning. As I noted above, putting the truck in “camping mode” levels is just fine. If I then put it into “all purpose” mode and drive for a while the truck is still leveled. After a couple of days it starts the lean again. The second service center visit was about the same. They did a number of tests and according to them it all checks out. They did agree to do a “deep dive” and turn it over to an engineer who will look at it. Remotely first and then they will send out a mobile unit to look at it. I live 5 minutes from the service center but they will send out and mobile unit, not sure why.
Others on this form have also commented that their trucks also lean (after sitting for a while) but the moment they get into the truck and press the brake the truck levels itself. Mine isn’t doing that.

jpmc86

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
No. Service center looked at it twice and said everything checks out and everything is within spec. The first time I took it the technician confirmed the lean (it’s obvious) ran a number of tests and the end “reset the suspension height”. Resetting the suspension leveled the truck and I thought that would fix it. But, after a few days it started leaning. As I noted above, putting the truck in “camping mode” levels is just fine. If I then put it into “all purpose” mode and drive for a while the truck is still leveled. After a couple of days it starts the lean again. The second service center visit was about the same. They did a number of tests and according to them it all checks out. They did agree to do a “deep dive” and turn it over to an engineer who will look at it. Remotely first and then they will send out a mobile unit to look at it. I live 5 minutes from the service center but they will send out and mobile unit, not sure why.
Others on this form have also commented that their trucks also lean (after sitting for a while) but the moment they get into the truck and press the brake the truck levels itself. Mine isn’t doing that.
Yeah, mine leans immediately after adjustment. Overnight nothing changes (not even an eight of an inch).

Will wait for corporate on Monday.

jpmc86

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah - mine doesn’t lean with time, it does it always. Doesn’t really change overnight really.

My understanding is that for camp mode the car uses a completely different system to level (accelerometers and such). For driving height adjustments I believe it’s strictly off of the sensors at each wheel.

My thought process is that what the air unit distributes to each wheel doesn’t really provide closed loop feedback to the system and some airbags receive more air than others. Potentially a leak somewhere from distribution block to the air springs could be presenting this lean. The adjustments for leveling might only be front to back and when the two front or rear height sensors agree changing the pitch of the car for loading and unloading the truck. I don’t believe side to side is making adjustments.

danen1973

First Name
Nenad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Yeah - mine doesn’t lean with time, it does it always. Doesn’t really change overnight really.

My understanding is that for camp mode the car uses a completely different system to level (accelerometers and such). For driving height adjustments I believe it’s strictly off of the sensors at each wheel.

My thought process is that what the air unit distributes to each wheel doesn’t really provide closed loop feedback to the system and some airbags receive more air than others. Potentially a leak somewhere from distribution block to the air springs could be presenting this lean. The adjustments for leveling might only be front to back and when the two front or rear height sensors agree changing the pitch of the car for loading and unloading the truck. I don’t believe side to side is making adjustments.
I can conform that camp mode does more than front and back leveling. My truck is in my garage right now and driver side is about half inch lower (most of the time it's more than that) on both driver side wheels. If I put the truck into camp mode it levels it front/back and left/right. If I then go for a drive and park it back in the same spot the left/right height is spot on. It takes about 3-4 drives before I notice the lean again. I'm waiting on the Rivian engineer to do a "deep dive" and they will then send out a mobile unit to my house. I'm only 4 miles from the SC but they still decided to send a mobile unit. I'll leave the truck leaning so they can observe it when they pull up.

Sponsored

jpmc86

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I can conform that camp mode does more than front and back leveling. My truck is in my garage right now and driver side is about half inch lower (most of the time it's more than that) on both driver side wheels. If I put the truck into camp mode it levels it front/back and left/right. If I then go for a drive and park it back in the same spot the left/right height is spot on. It takes about 3-4 drives before I notice the lean again. I'm waiting on the Rivian engineer to do a "deep dive" and they will then send out a mobile unit to my house. I'm only 4 miles from the SC but they still decided to send a mobile unit. I'll leave the truck leaning so they can observe it when they pull up.
Camp mode WILL do that. It uses accelerometers to this. A completely separate module from the normal day to day low, high, off-road high modes which only use the position sensors at each wheel.

danen1973

First Name
Nenad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Camp mode WILL do that. It uses accelerometers to this. A completely separate module from the normal day to day low, high, off-road high modes which only use the position sensors at each wheel.
Gotcha. I'm encouraged that the truck is able to level itslef and that is how I have been "fixing" it when I notice a lean. During the last service center vist they said that everything checked out and that the leaks we minimal and within spec.
It's embarrasing seeing it in the parking lot leaning like an 11 year old Range Rover. I only have 2k miles and don't really want to drive it until they fix it.

jpmc86

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Gotcha. I'm encouraged that the truck is able to level itslef and that is how I have been "fixing" it when I notice a lean. During the last service center vist they said that everything checked out and that the leaks we minimal and within spec.
It's embarrasing seeing it in the parking lot leaning like an 11 year old Range Rover. I only have 2k miles and don't really want to drive it until they fix it.
Agreed - it’s very embarrassing. It’s like they thought of it all… but failed at the basics. What’s more is that from the front or the rear of the car that light bar doesn’t help but call attention when the car is leaning.

What’s scarier is that what I am hearing from the service center, is that there isn’t a measurement for vehicle height and or tolerance. “Everything is based off of the chassis subframe they say”

I have a call with corporate later today. Will come back with more.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

my R1T has started exhibiting the "lower one side phenomenon" but on the drivers side. i've never enabled the Auto ride height feature. the first thing that happened was the entire vehicle was lower - looked visually like it was in Low when on the screen it was in Standard. i drove around and the height looked like it was back in Standard on the passenger side but still in Low on the drivers side. drove around some more and it looks level now at Standard.

hasn't returned, its been 1 day, but keeping an eye on it.

does anyone know what the factory heights should be at Low, Standard, High?

danen1973

First Name
Nenad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

my R1T has started exhibiting the "lower one side phenomenon" but on the drivers side. i've never enabled the Auto ride height feature. the first thing that happened was the entire vehicle was lower - looked visually like it was in Low when on the screen it was in Standard. i drove around and the height looked like it was back in Standard on the passenger side but still in Low on the drivers side. drove around some more and it looks level now at Standard.

hasn't returned, its been 1 day, but keeping an eye on it.

does anyone know what the factory heights should be at Low, Standard, High?
I read on here somewhere that there is a way to access a screen where it lists the current height on each axle. I think you press+hold somewhere for about 5 seconds and then enter a pass code to get in. I can't find it now. I woud like to see what is shows on my truck.
Sponsored