Passenger side lower than driver side.

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
I read on here somewhere that there is a way to access a screen where it lists the current height on each axle. I think you press+hold somewhere for about 5 seconds and then enter a pass code to get in. I can't find it now. I woud like to see what is shows on my truck.
That use to work. But Rivian changed the password.
Sponsored

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

Gotcha. I'm encouraged that the truck is able to level itslef and that is how I have been "fixing" it when I notice a lean. During the last service center vist they said that everything checked out and that the leaks we minimal and within spec.
It's embarrasing seeing it in the parking lot leaning like an 11 year old Range Rover. I only have 2k miles and don't really want to drive it until they fix it.
I would take pics of this and attach to service request.

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
I had this same problem. They stated it was the ride height sensor, which fixed the issue for me.

ElGuapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - April 2021 preorder
So I have this issue with my front driver side tire. If I leave my R1S for a couple of hours, or overnight, the front left tire ends up almost touching the top of the wheel well. Back tires are fine and front right dips a bit, but nowhere near like front left.

Good news is once I get in the car, it adjusts to the right height (after giving me the terrifying - "car is raising, don't drive to avoid damaging car" alert). But it then leans way down after being parked every time.

I don't use kneel mode (I stopped a while ago), I tried turning off auto height adjustment, parking in different ride heights, etc.

Rivian doesn't seem concerned as they gave me an appointment at the end of October. Seems like a clear leak in air suspension to me. Here is a pic...it actually gets much lower than this. This is after about four hours. Started at the "All Purpose" height - shown in the bottom photo.

And before anyone asks - yes, that's Limestone and actually a good example of how different it can look it different lights. I love it.

Anyone had this solved by their SC? Doesn't seem like a ride height sensor, but I have no idea. I am concerned about leaving the car for a couple of days, but Rivian said not to worry...

Rivian R1T R1S Passenger side lower than driver side. IMG_4155

Rivian R1T R1S Passenger side lower than driver side. IMG_4159

r1vlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch Edition
So I have this issue with my front driver side tire. If I leave my R1S for a couple of hours, or overnight, the front left tire ends up almost touching the top of the wheel well. Back tires are fine and front right dips a bit, but nowhere near like front left.

Good news is once I get in the car, it adjusts to the right height (after giving me the terrifying - "car is raising, don't drive to avoid damaging car" alert). But it then leans way down after being parked every time.

I don't use kneel mode (I stopped a while ago), I tried turning off auto height adjustment, parking in different ride heights, etc.

Rivian doesn't seem concerned as they gave me an appointment at the end of October. Seems like a clear leak in air suspension to me. Here is a pic...it actually gets much lower than this. This is after about four hours. Started at the "All Purpose" height - shown in the bottom photo.

And before anyone asks - yes, that's Limestone and actually a good example of how different it can look it different lights. I love it.

Anyone had this solved by their SC? Doesn't seem like a ride height sensor, but I have no idea. I am concerned about leaving the car for a couple of days, but Rivian said not to worry...

IMG_4155.jpeg

IMG_4159.jpeg
I've had both front dampers replaced on mine and had the same warning. Though my truck would not automatically raise in that state and I had to toggle the ride height in order to get to from kneel to standard ride height.

I reported last October and my appointment was in February if that helps.

Sponsored

CaptRat

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Chevrolet Corvette, Cadillac CTS
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I'm having the same problem. Overnight, the truck settles lower on the passenger front by about 1.5”. Stepping on the brake raises it to a level position without any warning messages.

As the truck lives on the driveway facing toward the street, it’s not a great advertisement for Rivian. As long as it keeps correcting to level, I’ll hold off putting in a ticket and follow along here in case Rivian changes the “it’s within specs” non-solution answer.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

IMG_4155.jpeg

IMG_4159.jpeg
Your vehicle will have a code about a leak, service will be able to address it for sure as they did mine. Meant a replacement damper for me.

ElGuapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've had both front dampers replaced on mine and had the same warning. Though my truck would not automatically raise in that state and I had to toggle the ride height in order to get to from kneel to standard ride height.

Very helpful. Thanks.

ElGuapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Super helpful, thanks! Seems to operate fine once I start, but somewhat alarming when truck clearly leans to the front left. How long did they take to repair it once they got the car?

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

It was cool to see someone else on base join the club, but unfortunate to see him suffering from this thread's issue. @godfodder0901 , have you seen him?

Excuse the terrible photo:
Rivian R1T R1S Passenger side lower than driver side. PXL_20230815_221405832.MP~3

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
It was cool to see someone else on base join the club, but unfortunate to see him suffering from this thread's issue. @godfodder0901 , have you seen him?

Excuse the terrible photo:
PXL_20230815_221405832.MP~3.jpg
Yes, but haven't seen him parked in his usual spot. Hopefully he's at the SC.

danen1973

First Name
Nenad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I have had 2 visits to the SC and was told that everything is within spec. In my case the truck will be about 1 inch lower on the driver side (both front and back) and will stay that way. I can get it to level itself if I put the truck in camp mode. It stays leveled (no driver side lean) even after I drive off and it usually stays leveled for a day or two. I had mobile service come out the other day. They had a senior engineer (deep dive they called it) at Rivian look at all the logs and didn't see anything wrong. The technician told me that the most likely reason for the lean in road crown. The truck will adjust to the crowned roads (for water draining) and will stay leaning until it detects a 30 mm lean in the road on the other side. That was the explanation.. I don't buy it. Why is the truck alway leaning to the driver side.

stackofdimes

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
I've started to notice the lean on the front passenger side. It is only about 1/2", which according to the threads I've found is "normal" 🤔

I've been using kneel mode, so I turned that off this morning. This weekend I'm going to try the camp mode trick and will report back on how long it "fixes" the issue.

stackofdimes

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
Quick update- my driveway is on a slope. It is the only time I see the different levels per side show up. When parked on level ground, they are all super close in height. Kneel mode must also do some leveling?

Either way, I’m not really worried about it anymore.

sizotty

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
R1T, MYP
Occupation
@theoverlandstory
I have this same issue. Above a half inch on front passenger side.

Hoping it can be remedied by a future software update. I had my truck in service for something else and had them take a look, everything checked out fine.

They gave me the same nonsense answer that it was due to the crown in the road.
Sponsored