Sponsored

ztron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 E-tron, 2022 R1T
Who else was shorted a fancy pelican case? I guess that a benefit of picking it up at the plant?
Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I don't know if Kyle will share but I still come back to the Kyle/Magna/Klein connection. As others here have mentioned contract work makes for blurry employee status and didn't the interwebs recently announce a delivery of an S to a 'non-employee' with an existing 'relationship' to Rivian?

This would seem to fit that scenario...
You read my mind. The other entry point that he has into RIVIAN is through his connection to Magna. What I find remarkable about Kyle's channel is that it is entirely sponsored by Magna.

What I find so unique about that is that Magna isn't a consumer facing company. I'm not sure what sponsoring Kyle's videos does with respect to Magna's public outreach or communication strategy.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
What I find so unique about that is that Magna isn't a consumer facing company. I'm not sure what sponsoring Kyle's videos does with respect to Magna's public outreach or communication strategy.
Speculation: Kyle's audience includes industry insiders and decision makers, or Magna is helping him grow into doing so. There have been a few focused videos on OoS showcasing Magna...

Also staffing? Car geeks like to watch...

This happens in financial services too. Companies with virtually no need to broadcast for public reach run expensive ads during sports...because C suites watch sports.

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Speculation: Kyle's audience includes industry insiders and decision makers, or Magna is helping him grow into doing so. There have been a few focused videos on OoS showcasing Magna...

Also staffing? Car geeks like to watch...

This happens in financial services too. Companies with virtually no need to broadcast for public reach run expensive ads during sports...because C suites watch sports.
I think you are on to something.

Sponsored

TurboTwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra
No matter what happened, Rivian would never admit that they are giving preferential treatment. Kyle got one super fast and I still cant get a delivery window on my Nov 2021 reservation. If they called me and asked if I wanted this truck, I would have purchased it. Just another example of Rivian not caring about reservation holders.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Who else was shorted a fancy pelican case? I guess that a benefit of picking it up at the plant?
I didn't even know that was a thing. Must be with my bracelet.

ztron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 E-tron, 2022 R1T

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Yeah some of his promos specifically mention working at magna.
Was never not asked to share photos so...

He's working with Magna. I don't think he is actually employed by them, contracted to do videos on their different facilities and operations I believe. I brought my Hummer in when he was recording for the Magna facility that makes the Hummer EV battery case.

Rivian R1T R1S OutofSpec Kyle Gets His R1T - Rivian Factory Delivery Video PXL_20220331_141310547.MP

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Random Person on here who ordered in 21/22 and got a Guide contact and their Truck:
Everyone be like OMG you won the Rivian Lottery etc.

Kyle from OOS who will be contributing a lot of time and effort to test the truck, finding all its flaws (which he has done before) and will ultimately make the vehicle better for all of us making it a WIN/WIN for Rivian, Consumers and more (Granted for Youtube Profits):
Everyone be like omg fuck that guy lol.

Also Rivian is to to blame if anything because it WAS a Smart calculated move, if given the same opportunity every one of us would do the same.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Random Person on here who ordered in 21/22 and got a Guide contact and their Truck:

Kyle from OOS who will be contributing a lot of time and effort to test the truck, finding all its flaws (which he has done before) and will ultimately make the vehicle better for all of us making it a WIN/WIN for Rivian, Consumers and more (Granted for Youtube Profits):

Also Rivian is to to blame if anything because it WAS a Smart calculated move, if given the same opportunity every one of us would do the same.
I tried to get my truck earlier and then I won the Rivian lottery and got my truck earlier, no thanks to myself. But my reservation was from 2019, so it's not like I actually line jumped.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Kanundrum my issue is he isn't being transparent about it and is trying to convince us that his status, either as a YouTuber or as someone who is sponsored by Magna which has ties to RIVIAN did not influence his ability to secure a truck.

Integrity matters, especially if he is going to project himself as a fair arbiter of the vehicles he is going to review and so if he isn't being transparent with us, it will impact how people feel about his content.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Ok let’s say four months (and that might be generous). That is significantly faster than three plus years.
And Launch edition!!!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I'm not sure this explains how people are jumping to the front of the line. This would only apply if the reservation que was much, much shorter.

Regardless of what configuration someone selects today, there are literally over a thousand other people with that exact configuration that have been waiting a very long time. Maybe if you pick a rare color you could get the number down into the hundreds, but there certainly aren't any configurations with zero other people waiting in line.

I'm quite confident that you will not find a single configuration that is somehow so unique nobody else in line has thought of it.
He already had a guide after a couple months of order....interesting
Sponsored