First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Physician
As a recipient of both the false alarm alerts and the total audio loss, this is good.
Sponsored

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Same, though YouTube Music and YouTube premium are just included with my phone. Fortunately YT Music and Spotify playlists are at least easy enough to sync. Probably just going to use Bluetooth until YT Music is available.

Unfortunately Apple would never allow it. They do not provide any programmatic access to their service and refuse to support mobile use cases without carplay. Yes they're holding the customer hostage but this is what they're doing.

Enter Spotify, who is Happy selling a music service without regards to world domination of their phone operating system

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Regardless, I have no idea where to make this request and it isn't _that_ important, but the first time it saves even one owner a scratched tailgate, it will have been worth it. maybe. probably.
Have you suggested it to your guide or CS? Those seem like the logical places to me until they give us a formal suggestion box.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Unfortunately Apple would never allow it. They do not provide any programmatic access to their service and refuse to support mobile use cases without carplay. Yes they're holding the customer hostage but this is what they're doing.

Enter Spotify, who is Happy selling a music service without regards to world domination of their phone operating system
That is demonstrably false. Apple released an Android app for Apple Music years ago. Amazon Alexa speakers have an Apple Music skill. Some auto manufacturers even have native Apple Music integration (Volvo has this in the XC40 Recharge despite NOT supporting CarPlay!)

Sponsored

CEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Tech
I am excited about this release. I have experienced total audio loss many times since delivery, and hoping the fix in this release addresses it.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Just going off the manual:

"Park Assist will not chime when the vehicle is traveling at a speed less than 0.12 mph (0.2 km/h).

l If the vehicle remains stationary for approximately 10 seconds, the side warnings will go away."
They still show up on the display but it's just not making noise.

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, R1T
Occupation
Engineer

There has been precedent for native Apple Music & Podcasts w/ Porsche without needing CarPlay

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/20/...sic-built-in-carplay-all-electric-vehicle-car

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I know this isn't a place for feature requests, but here is a feature request:

If all rear ultrasonic sensors show something nearby, i.e. a WALL, do not automatically release the tailgate drop from key fob or inside the vehicle, only from the button at the rear. Make it optional too, perhaps.

Why?

Because I was fidgeting with my key fob the other day and realized that dropping the tailgate into a rough cinder block wall would result in a less than ideal interaction with the truck's paint.
I'd be OK if this was a user enabled/disable option, but it should not be locked in as "save me from myself" functionality.

mitchelmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Kia Telluride
I've had total audio loss a few times. This is definitely a welcome update. Also wish navigation volume was independent of music or phone. Anytime I'm on a phone call and the nav voice kicks in, its super loud. I already made a ticket on this one. Have Nav Volume set to soft already and its not enough.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
They still show up on the display but it's just not making noise.
I checked this morning. When 'starting' the truck in the garage, there were no indications of obstructions at all (I only checked in reverse, but there were no indicators for the sides as there were when I parked).

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I hope they keep this level of detail in their release notes forever. I love the honesty of pointing at that there were issues and that they were fixed.
I agree.

The OTA updated on the Mustang Mach e are few and far between. They are rolled out very slowly in batches with some people getting them months after others.

When the updates do come, there are no details as to what changed.

The release notes basically say, "Some stuff was improved, but what improved is top secret!"

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist

Not shocked about Apple’s anti consumer stance (one of the reasons I don’t buy Apple products anymore), but I’m curious if Google licenses YT music for mobile use outside of Android Auto. I’d imagine they do, as being platform agnostic is Google’s MO.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Not shocked about Apple’s anti consumer stance (one of the reasons I don’t buy Apple products anymore), but I’m curious if Google licenses YT music for mobile use outside of Android Auto. I’d imagine they do, as being platform agnostic is Google’s MO.
What pc500 said is not true. Apple Music does have an API that other platforms can and have used.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I agree.

The OTA updated on the Mustang Mach e are few and far between. They are rolled out very slowly in batches with some people getting them months after others.

When the updates do come, there are no details as to what changed.

The release notes basically say, "Some stuff was improved, but what improved is top secret!"
It's definitely refreshing to have such detailed patch notes. It also gives me confidence that Rivian has a good handle on revision control where things won't get missed in the future.
Sponsored