First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 RAM 1500, 2022 R1T (soon)
Occupation
Computer Consultant
The integrated Echo/Alexa is frustrating and I end up using my Amazon Music app most of the time. Any and I mean ANY sound from my phone when connected to Bluetooth (always is) and the integrated Alexa stops. So unlocking my phone, locking my phone, a beep, reminder, text, anything and Alexa stops. Also there are a lot of times when Alexa just stops or take several minutes to start streaming, maybe an AT&T service thing or software thing. But it needs a lot of work before I give up my phone for music and maps for that matter.
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
C'mon Rivian.... give us audio via USB storage like 10yo cars have... :mad:

What's the problem???

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
The integrated Echo/Alexa is frustrating and I end up using my Amazon Music app most of the time. Any and I mean ANY sound from my phone when connected to Bluetooth (always is) and the integrated Alexa stops. So unlocking my phone, locking my phone, a beep, reminder, text, anything and Alexa stops. Also there are a lot of times when Alexa just stops or take several minutes to start streaming, maybe an AT&T service thing or software thing. But it needs a lot of work before I give up my phone for music and maps for that matter.
Just don't connect your phone for audio, only phone. That way you still get Alexa and phone calls without issue.

Governor

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3rd Gen Tacoma Pro Lexus NX
Occupation
RN
It's been asked once, I'll ask it again, "R1s vs R1t, which sounds better?"

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
A great song to test a good audio system is The Chauffeur by Duran Duran. Be sure to listen to the whole song as it wanders through different sounds and different layering.

Last edited:

Sponsored

gr8ati2d

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Finance
Do any of you find there is a rattle with hard hitting bass. I think I low to medium volume levels it sounds amazing, but with anything that space heavy at a higher volume level it sounds like crud

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
My subwoofer enclosure made a buzz for a short time on one song. I lifted seat, put some pressure in a few places, it stopped, and has not come back.

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
It must be broken or your settings are off somehow. I get into the Rivian and is best I have had stock. None compare. Most of them even sound like trash now. The B&O on platinum explorer is OK but not great. I have also had B&O on other high end Ford models. The Tesla system is very good but still doesn’t touch Rivian when properly configured. You have to get the settings right for what works best for you. Many other vehicles sound like they are distorted to me and try to overcompensate bass. I most recently have driven a jeep grand Cherokee trailhawk 2019, and that is a really bad system in my opinion, but maybe just the vehicle too. I don’t know. I have only driven one. I have driven enough Tesla vehicles and B&O to be able to form opinion overall.
My buddy has a 2020 Expedition Limited with B&O. Not impressed at all with the sound system. My Kia's HK sounds better, imo.

Having said that, best sound system i've had so far is in my old 2007 BMW X5. HK stock system that comes with subs under front seat. I'm hoping Rivian sound is close to this 🤞

I've owned other cars, 911, vette which both had Bose. Sound was pretty decent since its a small car.

B&O in Bmw sounds better than the ones in ford but I still think BMW's HK is better.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Do any of you find there is a rattle with hard hitting bass. I think I low to medium volume levels it sounds amazing, but with anything that space heavy at a higher volume level it sounds like crud
I have pretty terrible rattling with bass, even at medium volume levels. It didn’t start out that way but has developed over the past three months. It seems like the rear passenger side door panel is the biggest culprit.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
We think. Since the Rivian system doesn't quantify the current bitrate, or even allow setting the 'quality' with respect to Amazon Music, we are left to subjective measures of bitrate. You are 100% correct that the supported bitrate of Amazon Music HD (3730 kbps) is significantly higher than Spotify (320 kbps), Rivian and Amazon just need to make sure we get that full bitrate.
Yeah, I was merely commenting on Amazon vs. Spotify in general.

Given that playing Amazon through Alexa is just "casting", it's no different than how Spotify receives its data, or if there was a native Amazon Music app, so I see no reason it wouldn't receive the full quality, assuming the signal was strong enough of course. A native app is just for UX from my layman's perspective, it has nothing to do with data processing or the quality of the audio. In other words, there is no intermediary device to degrade it like streaming to your phone and then sending to the truck via BT. It's straight from Amazon servers to the truck, which should be no different than server to phone/computer.

Sponsored

rivianguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Holy....dialed in this sound system. Speechless. See my setting. Destroys my Model 3 and S90 Bowers and Wilkins. Check out my settings....volume 20 to 22. Pink Floyd "wish you were here" will BLOW your mind. Angel, Sarah McLachlan will put you in a trance. Simply Amazing. Rivian....hats off, guys. PS- Soundstage "on" or "enhanced" will be a personal preference. I'm a huge sound-stage guy and Enhanced is what I prefer.
20220930_211633.jpg
20220930_211614.jpg
Hi there. Just curious, the screen shot you are showing with the EQ settings appear to be the default for what the vehicle is shipped with (at least they are in my case) When you say you dialed it in what settings did you actually change? I'm not an audiophile and would happily try the settings from someone with more acoustic prowess but the screenshot is set to defaults as far as I can tell. Thanks

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
You think that sounds great, try with Amazon Music... Twice the bit rate at least...
So to use Amazon music you select to Install Alexa? Or is it something else? I am actually trying to avoid Alexa...

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
So to use Amazon music you select to Install Alexa? Or is it something else? I am actually trying to avoid Alexa...
You would need to use Alexa to use Amazon Music directly in the R1T, since there is no GUI for Amazon Music, currently.

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I have this issue. Any songs with high levels of bass produce rattles and cracking from either the front door or tweeter in the headliner. I submitted a ticket.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Has anyone else noticed that the little icon showing the music source on the pop out screen is very hit and miss when it comes to showing the actual music source? I'll be playing Amazon Music and it will show tuner, phone, or Spotify when that is not the actual source. Seems like a bug from after a few updates back.
Sponsored