Sponsored

Yodi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Truck, Prius
Occupation
Engineer
I'm sure everyone nearly everyone else got this message as well, but be sure to update your Account/Configuration for changes by end of day, Jan 15th to get an accurate next Delivery Estimate:

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Email: Refreshed Delivery Window update for 'end of January' 1673466664687

Have fun gritting your teeth until then... 😬
Sponsored

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

Slightly different one for those who confirmed configuration. I'm hoping that went to everyone as well.

Your estimated delivery window is scheduled to be updated at the end of January. Because you’ve already confirmed your configuration and delivery address, no further action is needed. Be sure to check your Account Page toward the end of this month to see the latest.​
We’re excited to share our progress, and if you’re curious about how often we update estimates or what impacts delivery timing, feel free to visit our Support Center.

Tony Caravano
Head of Rivian Customer Engagement​

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I'm sure everyone nearly everyone else got this message as well, but be sure to update your Account/Configuration for changes by end of day, Jan 15th to get an accurate next Delivery Estimate:

1673466664687.png

Have fun gritting your teeth until then... 😬
Looks like we can glean from this message the new dates will be the end of the first month in the quarter and any changes you want to make should be done before the 15th of those months.

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Looks like we can glean from this message the new dates will be the end of the first month in the quarter and any changes you want to make should be done before the 15th of those months.
Subject to change at any time, of course!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It seems to me the cycle they are trying to implement for most with standard pack orders is:
  1. Get people to settle their configurations every quarter on the 15th.
  2. Give a conservative window that is around 4-6 months out from that date.
  3. Based on what they think they will be making and other factors, get as many as possible to confirm their configurations.
  4. Deliver those vehicles within the next quarter, hopefully before or within the window.
  5. Rinse, repeat.

cheungkm

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Chevy Suburban
I hope that is not the case. I locked in my configuration and finished the first 7 steps just after the new year. I would be hugely dissatisfied if my Feb-Mar estimated delivery time was pushed out a quarter.

DonkeyMcdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Raptor, Soon to be R1S
I hope that is not the case. I locked in my configuration and finished the first 7 steps just after the new year. I would be hugely dissatisfied if my Feb-Mar estimated delivery time was pushed out a quarter.
If you're in the 8 steps, I think your'e good to go.

Sponsored

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

It seems to me the cycle they are trying to implement for most with standard pack orders is:
  1. Get people to settle their configurations every quarter on the 15th.
  2. Give a conservative window that is around 4-6 months out from that date.
  3. Based on what they think they will be making and other factors, get as many as possible to confirm their configurations.
  4. Deliver those vehicles within the next quarter, hopefully before or within the window.
  5. Rinse, repeat.
At least for R1S I don’t think they can give conservative windows only 4-6 months out. Even by April they are going to need more than another 6 months to deliver all those remaining R1S preorders.

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
So if we are happy with our current config, no action required correct?

clcbjc123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tahoe and Z07
Hmmm. I'm Feb-Mar. I hope I get the 7 step email soon.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
So if we are happy with our current config, no action required correct?
Correct, the window will be based on the config on the 15th.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
If you are in the 8 steps you should have a VIN already. I had a VIN a couple of weeks ago then got a message the vehicle was undeliverable and the 8 step process was pulled after completing most of the steps.
Sponsored