Sponsored

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
I was frustrated when my R1T was returned from Service Center with a soiled head liner adjacent to driver window:

Rivian R1T R1S Ocean Coast Interior: Cleaning soiled / dirty alcantara headliner 2CFBDDA0-5462-455C-9491-D697925FFED2

Careless mechanic aside, this was my fear about the lighter colored headliner after several months of usage. I had some Folex carpet cleaner in the cabinet so used some of it on the soiled area. Five minutes later, it was good as new:

Rivian R1T R1S Ocean Coast Interior: Cleaning soiled / dirty alcantara headliner 4F3CB1B1-A6D7-401B-B775-AA24332F9DE2

This will now be my go-to cleaning product for the “suede” head liner. YMMV

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0767BFCYX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
My last car had a black headliner and I immediately knew that was all I would ever buy, again.

PlopPlop

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T
Occupation
Owner, SB
Thanks for posting, I have a small spot on mine that I didn't know how to tackle.

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
thanks for posting this

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
My last car had a black headliner and I immediately knew that was all I would ever buy, again.
Can’t beat it for cleanliness, but with the South Carolina sun we have it’s unbearably hot in the summer. Needless to say, I love my OC

Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

You’re not the only one. I got my truck back from Richmond VA SC and it looked like a coal miner was working on it. Passenger seat COVERED in black stains. More on the driver seat and some on the headliner as well.

Mind you the truck was in the SC, for one of the items being a stained headliner upon delivery. SMH

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Every time I get the vehicle back from service, it's filthy.

I wish OC had black headliner knowing how difficult it is to keep clean with pets, kids, luggage, etc. I don't think it would have negatively affected the design in any way.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Can’t beat it for cleanliness, but with the South Carolina sun we have it’s unbearably hot in the summer. Needless to say, I love my OC
Black interior is fine in hot climates. Use the A/C and ventilated seats.

Jagger027

First Name
Jagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and Palisade
Should I be concerned as I am waiting for my R1S with Ocean Coast in a month or so?

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Black gets just as dirty too you know. And if you can't see the dirt, food residue, etc. it STAYS dirty. Yuck. OC all the way.

Sponsored

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Should I be concerned as I am waiting for my R1S with Ocean Coast in a month or so?
Mine has been great even with 2 English labs. But at SC and now I’m concerned based on other comments here

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Not sure why but the word "soiled" has always meant something else to me. However, it shouldn't be too much to expect the service people to return the car in at leat the condition they received it.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Thank you @EVTrukHog .. my R1T came w/a small smudge on the driver side sun visor right from the SC. I didn't mention it because Rivian was decent enough to deliver the truck to me when they're really not doing that in our area any longer and the delivery driver only had some spray for cleaning the exterior with him. But, now that I know the smudge is there.. I see it every time I get in the truck.

Just ordered a bottle of the magic juice... thanks!

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
You’re not the only one. I got my truck back from Richmond VA SC and it looked like a coal miner was working on it. Passenger seat COVERED in black stains. More on the driver seat and some on the headliner as well.

Mind you the truck was in the SC, for one of the items being a stained headliner upon delivery. SMH
What the hell are they getting so dirty on? Tires and brakes? Seems should be a lot cleaner than ice dealers lol

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
Yea I wish they offered Black headliner with OC. It would actually make the interior pop more.

I have an x5 with tan seats and black headliner, which works well.
Sponsored