Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Is this the same as the Normal event? When the person posted about something similar on Reddit, they said that this was a mobile event where they are bringing the vehicle to his home (or nearby) for a demo drive.
Sponsored

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Just saw this on Instagram. Anyone else up here in the northeast get an invite?

Interesting. I am May or March 19 (can't even remember w/o checking) R1s LE, but I don't think I have gotten an invite. It is very unlikely the person is closer to the brooklyn location than me. Sleuth away, folks : )

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
From what I’ve read, the whole thing travels.

Looks like NY will close out October, then they’re off to California for November.
It’s kinda all over I’m an LE preorder in September 2019 and they have bypassed Ohio all together. I’m guessing our State sucks, I know this already but to move on to another city without the outlining areas I’m just confused. I have no problems driving anywhere I have to go to see it … just salty, wife is getting really aggravated at my email obsession…. ?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
It’s kinda all over I’m an LE preorder in September 2019 and they have bypassed Ohio all together. I’m guessing our State sucks, I know this already but to move on to another city without the outlining areas I’m just confused. I have no problems driving anywhere I have to go to see it … just salty, wife is getting really aggravated at my email obsession…. ?
find Winnipeg on a map, how many Rivian events do you think are coming here? ?

Sponsored

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support
Anyone know how far the Normal invites went? 50, 100, miles away? Curious if NY will include a similarly wide net given the population density.
There were people from Chicago and St Louis invited to the Normal event. St Louis is a little over 150 miles to Normal.

OP
OP
jessefive

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
When the Normal event was first announced I remember the first batch of invites were very limited. As the event wore on though, it seemed to get pretty widespread. I wouldn't lose hope!

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
find Winnipeg on a map, how many Rivian events do you think are coming here? ?
Well I’ve been there, totally get it -but we are both willing to drive, that’s my point, just direct me to the closest point, Normal is just shy 300 miles, noooo problem o ! Just give us the invite ?

Sponsored

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I chatted with customer service about any events for Ohio and basically got told don’t hold your breath. Haha. I specifically asked for the Columbus area, but I would like to believe they would have given me some info if there was one scheduled remotely close that I would be invited to.

EdA

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Tesla Model S (formerly)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Were the invites only on Instagram or were there actual email invites too?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
From what I’ve read, the whole thing travels.

Looks like NY will close out October, then they’re off to California for November.
Pretty curious when they're going to start doing the 1-on-1 visits they said they'd do.

And If they're doing this once a month, then they either don't plan on letting people test drive before ordering, or they don't plan on delivering to anywhere other than Normal, NYC, and (i'm guessing) SF in 2021.

Seems like a ban-aid to to address not having either enough vehicles or enough staff to hold events concurrently. Hopefully that's addressed soon and they start having permanent test drive opportunities in these locations (assuming you can no longer go to Normal and test drive). This feels like what Ford did with the lightning this summer.

Did all of the pre-order holders in the Illinois area get an opportunity to test drive?

NorthernOak

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Clubs

I'm still sitting here, hoping for another batch of Normal drives :confused:
I spoke with CS this morning asking if the Normal IL First Drive or even Visiting Events were still going on they told me they are all done and that the "Events" are packed up and moving to a new location. Looks like that will be NY.

I told them I was disappointed that many of us in the surrounding Normal IL area had not been invited. I mean I'm 350 miles away but I would have had no problem making the drive out for a weekend.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Pretty curious when they're going to start doing the 1-on-1 visits they said they'd do.

And If they're doing this once a month, then they either don't plan on letting people test drive before ordering, or they don't plan on delivering to anywhere other than Normal, NYC, and (i'm guessing) SF in 2021.

Seems like a ban-aid to to address not having either enough vehicles or enough staff to hold events concurrently. Hopefully that's addressed soon and they start having permanent test drive opportunities in these locations (assuming you can no longer go to Normal and test drive). This feels like what Ford did with the lightning this summer.

Did all of the pre-order holders in the Illinois area get an opportunity to test drive?
I know, I'm pretty bummed they won't let me drive down to the plant and check them out. I'm pretty close to Normal, but couldn't go because of work. Now I don't know when my next opportunity will be.
Sponsored