First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
That sounds right and I am not sure if everyone can start their order this month or they go in sequence. I am a first day too but made the reservation right after the reveal so 20K down the line. But I am at the end of the line with Rivian.

I though I would never consider a Ford (no offense to loyalists) but Pro may be the only deal in town. With $30K less than Rivian it is hard not to consider. Pro meet my needs, Rivian meets my wants. The battle between heart and mind can get ugly if the dates are close. If Rivian give me a delivery date sooner, heart will win. We will see.

So what will you do if your number for both of them comes up at the same time?
Is Ford Producing higher end trims first? If so the Pro version may not be available untill summer 2023 or even later.
Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Is Ford Producing higher end trims first? If so the Pro version may not be available untill summer 2023 or even later.
I heard from Forum members that is not the case and they will go down the list by time stamp but I have not heard anything from Ford directly. So far I am not holding my breath for any of them. Tesla people are freaking out over price and trim info disappearing from CT site. We don’t have any real production rates from Rivian just the goal and Ford does not give any numbers for their first year so it is all a crapshoot at this point.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Midnight R1T Rivian from a NY First Mile test drive (pics from Brooklyn)

Midnight Black R1T Rivian Test Drive 3.jpg

Midnight Black R1T Rivian Test Drive 2.jpg

Midnight Black R1T Rivian Test Drive 1.jpg
What was your reservation date?
I heard from Forum members that is not the case and they will go down the list by time stamp but I have not heard anything from Ford directly. So far I am not holding my breath for any of them. Tesla people are freaking out over price and trim info disappearing from CT site. We don’t have any real production rates from Rivian just the goal and Ford does not give any numbers for their first year so it is all a crapshoot at this point.
Question (and maybe question for the admin): for first mile events, do we know the city order? Seems like Normal, NY, San Fran? What are the other city?

I feel like Rivian is a little easter eggy - I wonder if this is the order in which they will push out vehicles (or at least a weighting in the order for LE holders). It also kind of make sense - NY probably has a higher level of LE holders, San Fran, etc. Someone should make this a general post. So say I. : )

Reactions: Max

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck

Question (and maybe question for the admin): for first mile events, do we know the city order? Seems like Normal, NY, San Fran? What are the other city?

I feel like Rivian is a little easter eggy - I wonder if this is the order in which they will push out vehicles (or at least a weighting in the order for LE holders). It also kind of make sense - NY probably has a higher level of LE holders, San Fran, etc. Someone should make this a general post. So say I. : )
Sorry, although I really like making up stuff, I have no credible info on this.

Sponsored

wizard467

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (10/2022), Honda Ridgeline

There was an order sent in an email (I hadn’t preordered yet so I didn’t get it), but the order was Normal, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles for October.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
There was an order sent in an email (I hadn’t preordered yet so I didn’t get it), but the order was Normal, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles for starting in October.
Fixed it for you.
More than once, this forum has made the same type of jump on variety of subjects.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Guys/gals:

I need help on what to do on my first mile drive. What should i be looking for (besides having fun). I will be driving in an area with low traffic highways, near pretty open parking lots also and potentially access to sand (though I kind of don't think the guide will let me take it onto the sand - it is the same kind of sand in motortrend video 1 off coast of NC - soft, deep, and fun).

I haven't test driven many cars. Maybe a 10 min drive in a 2011 honda crv and 10 mins in a 2014 impreza hatchback. I knew I would buy both cars. The first for reliability and cost; the second as the cheapest awd car i could buy when we moved to the suburbs. The 2014 has like 18,000 miles and the crv like 120,000.

I am sure I will be blown away. Heck, my impreza is the 'fun' car to drive. I am going to love this thing. Love is a strong word. Like, a lot.

Opinions welcome, thanks.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Guys/gals:

I need help on what to do on my first mile drive. What should i be looking for (besides having fun). I will be driving in an area with low traffic highways, near pretty open parking lots also and potentially access to sand (though I kind of don't think the guide will let me take it onto the sand - it is the same kind of sand in motortrend video 1 off coast of NC - soft, deep, and fun).

I haven't test driven many cars. Maybe a 10 min drive in a 2011 honda crv and 10 mins in a 2014 impreza hatchback. I knew I would buy both cars. The first for reliability and cost; the second as the cheapest awd car i could buy when we moved to the suburbs. The 2014 has like 18,000 miles and the crv like 120,000.

I am sure I will be blown away. Heck, my impreza is the 'fun' car to drive. I am going to love this thing. Love is a strong word. Like, a lot.

Opinions welcome, thanks.
See what is important to you and how you would use it. If ride quality is important, identify the worse streets and roads around you and go over some speed bumps and curbs if they let you.

If you have kids you expect to regularly give a ride to, put them in the back seat.

If you regularly carry a bunch of crap, put your crap in bed, frunk and tunnel see how they fit.

Basically, squeeze a year of ownership in the time you have with it and see if you can live with it.

This question may deserve it’s own thread so all the future first milers can use it as a reference.

Last edited:

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-Kona EV+ORDERED R1T-Canoo PU-SilveradoEV
NO INVITE HERE .... ?

Sponsored

Kevlar

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Management
I didn't get an invite either...and I called proactively to show positive interest. Customer Service couldn't be happier to get off the chat with me citing that the event was not open to everyone. As irony had it, I was in Brooklyn when it was going on but they had no interest in finding a way to make it work. Very friendly rep, but not helpful to the situation. I did feel badly for those who have to deal with pre-order holders. Rivian might run the risk of IPO first, customer second and that might limit their longterm success.

May 2019 pre order; my frustration goes deep despite trying hard to help them make me a happy customer.

The adventure continues.

Ssaehrig

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Durango SRT, 2013 GMC Acadia
Occupation
IT Executive
The event invites are getting a bit frustrating but I expect it’s difficult to get to everyone. I think it would helpful if Rivian at least set some expectations with preorder holders. For example I am 90 minutes from the Brooklyn location and I think it would be nice to know that I am on the event list to go, just not yet since there are people who live closer.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: Max