Chris
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model X Performance
Occupation
IT governance
The V2H may not be available out of the gate with the Lightning. The standards to implement it have not been finalized and adopted. Ford could of course do their own thing, but I find that unlikely.
Implementing it on a vehicle is software and could be done OTA. The hard stuff is on your wall and the interconnect to your utility company is usually where it gets sticky.

they're building it into the wall unit. Shouldn't require too many special trips from the car, other than the software to push power back the other way through the wall unit.

Advertisement

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
Ford has partnered with SunRun on the V2H equipment and install so at least from what I've read, it looks pretty ironed out? Time will tell but seems like Ford has done their homework.
Be that as it may, the standard is still yet to be set in stone. Hardware is very unlikely to change at this point, though. Any changes can be made via OTA software updates.

This is also why it could be a change that Rivian could implement via software, if the charger module is designed to support it. Current data suggests, however, that it is not.

GaryL

Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
I get it, friend. You were first in line at the new burger place. When you got in you found out they're only making their special burgers for now, and you just want a cheeseburger. It sucks, but you can either buy the special now or wait until they start making cheeseburgers. Now I'm hungry ...
Really not a big issue for me personally. Rivian is free to deliver there products in a manner and time of there choosing. For me the decision to continue waiting or not is the EPA range number for the LE

Hmp10

Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
oops... you forgot MIDWEST :CWL: :CWL:
Actually, Florida has one of the highest EV registration rates in the U.S. Lucid Motors is opening its Design Studios based on where reservations are being placed, and the first two Studios it opened outside of California were in Florida.

I suspect Rivian's leaving Florida out of the early test ride sites might be because the pickup truck crowd down here are not very open to EVs, not because the broader population isn't. Teslas, Mach-E's, and VW ID.4's are popping up all over the place.

Last edited:

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Acura RDX
Occupation
Business Owner
Rivian website says guides will reach out this week. Wonder if that means today and tomorrow. Maybe includes the weekend? Somebody here has to get an email soon. I'm in L.A with a 12/8 reservation. Checking my email constantly.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared, #78xx
Reaction score
First Name
Jared, #78xx
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Rivian website says guides will reach out this week. Wonder if that means today and tomorrow. Maybe includes the weekend? Somebody here has to get an email soon. I'm in L.A with a 12/8 reservation. Checking my email constantly.
In another thread it was mentioned that they would start tomorrow.

SpinDoc7

Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
Step 1 of configuration process just below "Wheels and tires."
Curious - How many here are getting the spare? I spec’d it but I’m still mulling it over. Worth the risk of just going with a tire plug kit, I wonder? Wish the spare were included, the way it was before.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
C

I really can't fathom what BMW was thinking keeping the almost universally reviled new grill design on an electric vehicle that has no need for it. Starts at roughly 85k (per Car and Driver), has two motors good for o to 60 in about 5 seconds and an estimated 300 mile range. I find that to be an easy pass, even in the hypothetical case that I was not particularly fond of my wife.

https://www.bmwusa.com/future-vehicles/ix.html
That grill is astonishingly ugly. And why put it on an BEV? Just stupid.

Advertisement

Advertisement