CommodoreAmiga

Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
I talked to a CS rep yesterday (Emily) and she said the R1S as still on target for August deliveries...anybody else getting the same answer lately?
To play devil's advocate, Rivian insisted they were on-track for June R1T deliveries up until May 27th... Then it became "July". And on May 28th-30th Rivian told several LE holders with ultra-low reservation numbers that it may be more like September-November.

So Rivian saying R1S is still on track doesn't really mean anything, imo. They first need to get R1T deliveries actually happening.

Advertisement

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Reaction score
First Name
Lionel
Vehicles
BMW740i, Trailblazer, Audi Cabriolet
To play devil's advocate, Rivian insisted they were on-track for June R1T deliveries up until May 27th... Then it became "July". And on May 28th-30th Rivian told several LE holders with ultra-low reservation numbers that it may be more like September-November.

So Rivian saying R1S is still on track doesn't really mean anything, imo. They first need to get R1T deliveries actually happening.
I agree with you and not holding my breath. But since the R1T and R1S are essentially the same platform except for the shorter length/wheel-base it should not be to different, and probably easier to build.

Today I talked with Ruby (CS) and she re-confirmed the R1S is still staying at an August launch...which I always had hoped it would come at the same time as the R1T's (again being optimistic/hopeful).

She also said more info on the Off-Road package is coming out in the next week or two. It will impact mileage, and details to follow on that per Ruby. Currently I did not opt for it...but considering it.

I did ask where the spare tire for the R1S will be, and the compact spare will be stored under the "lockable" storage at the back of the R1S, but the full size spare will not fit in there.

So, I will be pleasantly surprised if the R1S make the August timeframe.

I am one of the early reservation holders too (I think just under the 10K number) as I was in Dec 2019. I think around 20 or 25'ish days after the public annoucement at the LA Auto show around Thanksgiving that year.

Patiently waiting...

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I am one of the early reservation holders too (I think just under the 10K number) as I was in Dec 2019. I think around 20 or 25'ish days after the public annoucement at the LA Auto show around Thanksgiving that year.
LA Auto Show launch was Dec 2018. Yes, it’s been THAT long! 😆

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Reaction score
First Name
Lionel
Vehicles
BMW740i, Trailblazer, Audi Cabriolet
Yikes. UR correct! I just looked at my reservation email and the pic I use for my identity on this forum is the 2019 Overland…wow it has been that long!!

Hmp10

Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Tell me about it. And Lucid revealed its Air prototype in December 2016, and I'm still waiting on that one, too.

With the legacy carmakers now coming onto the EV scene across pretty much all the product niches, Rivian and Lucid are the last two start-ups that had the time to develop and manufacture a car from the ground up while reservation holders waited years.

skyote

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Rivian and Lucid are the last two start-ups that had the time to develop and manufacture a car from the ground up while reservation holders waited years.
And they are the last two that have a reasonable chance of success in the traditional auto space.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey will become an R1T
Occupation
Teacher
Fisker is trying with a non-conventional manufacturing model.... It'll be interesting to see how that works out for them.
I really like the design of the Fisker Ocean. I’m rooting for them.

cwinters

First Name
Clay
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid
Confirmed that the gear shuttle and kitchen only work as shown - comes out passenger side only.

Also confirmed that changing anything now on config will probably mess up the guide process. I was thinking of switching up to R1T and they told me I'd probably be better off just staying with my config and waiting till someone contacted me.

Also said DC area is not being left off of initial delivery areas.

Advertisement

Advertisement