Sponsored

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
I get it, friend. You were first in line at the new burger place. When you got in you found out they're only making their special burgers for now, and you just want a cheeseburger. It sucks, but you can either buy the special now or wait until they start making cheeseburgers. Now I'm hungry ...
Really not a big issue for me personally. Rivian is free to deliver there products in a manner and time of there choosing. For me the decision to continue waiting or not is the EPA range number for the LE
Sponsored

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
oops... you forgot MIDWEST :CWL: :CWL:
Actually, Florida has one of the highest EV registration rates in the U.S. Lucid Motors is opening its Design Studios based on where reservations are being placed, and the first two Studios it opened outside of California were in Florida.

I suspect Rivian's leaving Florida out of the early test ride sites might be because the pickup truck crowd down here are not very open to EVs, not because the broader population isn't. Teslas, Mach-E's, and VW ID.4's are popping up all over the place.

Last edited:

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Rivian website says guides will reach out this week. Wonder if that means today and tomorrow. Maybe includes the weekend? Somebody here has to get an email soon. I'm in L.A with a 12/8 reservation. Checking my email constantly.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Rivian website says guides will reach out this week. Wonder if that means today and tomorrow. Maybe includes the weekend? Somebody here has to get an email soon. I'm in L.A with a 12/8 reservation. Checking my email constantly.
In another thread it was mentioned that they would start tomorrow.

Sponsored

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Per another thread supposedly TOMORROW

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

I wonder if the reservation holder the guides contact early will be asked to sign a NDA
That's overly pessimistic. I think there will be at least two NDAs signed tomorrow

Sponsored

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
Step 1 of configuration process just below "Wheels and tires."
Curious - How many here are getting the spare? I spec’d it but I’m still mulling it over. Worth the risk of just going with a tire plug kit, I wonder? Wish the spare were included, the way it was before.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

C

I really can't fathom what BMW was thinking keeping the almost universally reviled new grill design on an electric vehicle that has no need for it. Starts at roughly 85k (per Car and Driver), has two motors good for o to 60 in about 5 seconds and an estimated 300 mile range. I find that to be an easy pass, even in the hypothetical case that I was not particularly fond of my wife.

https://www.bmwusa.com/future-vehicles/ix.html
That grill is astonishingly ugly. And why put it on an BEV? Just stupid.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Curious - How many here are getting the spare? I spec’d it but I’m still mulling it over. Worth the risk of just going with a tire plug kit, I wonder? Wish the spare were included, the way it was before.
Not me. Definitely cheaper to get aftermarket, unless you want to match the factory wheel or are configured for 21s.

I'm R1S, and want a full size spare. I'll only carry it for road trips & off road adventures; my challenge will be finding the best solution to carry it either inside behind the 3rd row, or external at the back of the vehicle.

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I’ve added it to my R1T. $600 was an ok price for me.
Sponsored